1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

would you give up your guns?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by gupster88, Apr 18, 2010.

?

what would you do if the government came to take your guns

1. hand them over without a fight

74 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. over my dead body! im going down firing!

1,028 vote(s)
    93.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 18, 2010 at 2:45 AM
    gupster88

gupster88 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    just a hypothetical question to see how many would really say, "over my dead body." if the government came today to confiscate all your guns as part of the new "anti-guns laws" would you...

A) hand them over without a fight thus preventing any prosecution/jailtime/etc

B) meet them at the door with your gun cocked and ready to go down firing.

had this discussion with my grandpa the other day, he swears they'll have to kill him if they want his guns. he refuses to give in to his second amendment rights.

2. Apr 18, 2010 at 2:47 AM
    Sparky4.0

Sparky4.0 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    WestTexas
    Vehicle:
    01 trd beat to hell
    should i even answer? or is telling you I LIVE IN TEXAS enough?

3. Apr 18, 2010 at 2:48 AM
    gupster88

gupster88 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    nuff said :D:p

4. Apr 18, 2010 at 2:58 AM
    ak47

ak47 v.hey its my Avatar avatar.v

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    stock 2nd owner
    i dont know what your talking about officers. i sold them all!

5. Apr 18, 2010 at 3:01 AM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    Sure thing! Just let me get rid of some ammo first.

6. Apr 18, 2010 at 3:22 AM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
    I'm with him. Funny thing is my friends and I talked about this tonight.

Our answer was Not giving them up without a Fight.

7. Apr 18, 2010 at 5:16 AM
    Jigzor

Jigzor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    20 Gladiator Rubicon
    Steersmarts Draglink, Tie rod, Track Bar
    Agreed. I wouldn't have them cocked or loaded like you said. They are the messengers, they could be like us and not want to give theirs up either but have to. I'm not saying there would be incidents with people if said situation happened but more less people would comply when push comes to shove. Then legally battle it out.

8. Apr 18, 2010 at 5:22 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I'm not worried...cuz something like that will never happen. In fact, that'd be the worst thing they could possibly do. The black market would explode and they've had more problems on their hands than the entire drug wars they're trying to fight.

I'm not that attached to my guns. But - they'd better compensate me for taking my hard earned money that I used to buy my stuff. Ain't nothing for free unless I want to give it for free.

9. Apr 18, 2010 at 5:29 AM
    Jigzor

Jigzor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    20 Gladiator Rubicon
    Steersmarts Draglink, Tie rod, Track Bar
    Do you have anything you would like to give me for free?:p I'll make a trip down to Lancaster from Wilkes-Barre.

10. Apr 18, 2010 at 5:30 AM
    Tadcaster

Tadcaster Dogs n Trucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab TRD Off Road
    I live in Vermont, which has more guns per capita than even Texas. (Also more per capita serving in the military but that's another thread.)

But the question is bogus, the sort of thing the Dan Rather School of Sensationalism would ask customers in a Bed Bath and Beyond store. Why all this posturing over something that will never happen? Politicians are, afterall, self-serving cowards for the most part, and such a stand would be political suicide.

Semper fi,
    Pete

11. Apr 18, 2010 at 5:44 AM
    Old Duckman

Old Duckman Active Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    09 DC Short Sport V-6 6 Spd
    Have you heard of Oath Keepers. It is an org. made up of currently serving police and military. This is copied from their home page:

Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, reserves, National Guard, veterans, Peace Officers, and Fire Fighters who will fulfill the Oath we swore, with the support of like minded citizens who take an Oath to stand with us, to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God. Our Oath is to the Constitution
    Our motto is "Not on our watch!"

So if our "leaders" do someday try to pull such a foolish stunt, I believe that many Oath Keepers will object and then who would they get to perform such a foul, anti-American task?

I think their methods would first be MORE brainwashing (BS global warming-like) and then require people to peacefully turn in their guns. Sadly many sheeple would comply.

Today the average citizen, no matter how well armed, doesn't have a chance againt the police or military if they really want to come and take anything from us. The 2nd ammendment is not about hunting or even self protection from criminals. It is, and always was meant to be, about protecting the citizens from a government overstepping its bounds...What else would men who just rebelled, and won, against a tyrannical government want to ensure for future generations. Surely not that they would always have guns for hunting !!

We must educate ourselves about the real past of America, not what gov controlled schools and media feed us. Learn your rights, teach them to your children, call upon God for his divine assistance and stand up for the rights we still currently have. Many have fought and died for the rights we still enjoy. All Americans who still believe in those rights and freedoms must be willing to sacrifice to perserve them for future generations.

Soapbox mode off.....

12. Apr 18, 2010 at 5:47 AM
    whiskey101

whiskey101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarksville, TN
    Vehicle:
    '17 Super White 4WD TRD Off-Road
    Leer 100XQ
    I agree that this would not happen... Not through a knock on the door. It is much more likely that new guns sales could be legislated away and then registration of existing guns, then only handguns required to be turned in to authorities. Then "assault weapons", including all semi autos over time. They would never take our single shot, break action shotguns, everyone knows those are only for hunting.

I won't hand over any of mine. I don't think I will have to go down shooting, just hide them better and make some bills of sale.

Glock 30, ser# XXXX12 sold to "Tadcaster" of TW on 4/18/10. :D

13. Apr 18, 2010 at 6:02 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
  14. Apr 18, 2010 at 6:14 AM
    05 TRD Sport

05 TRD Sport She's Fat, I'm Drunk, It's On.

Member:
    30 minutes south of Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    Red Prerunner AC
    Are we talking registered guns or just guns? What they don't know isn't going to hurt them.

15. Apr 18, 2010 at 6:34 AM
    wingshootin

wingshootin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Taco LB TRD Sport 4x4
    3" suspension lift Custom wheels Oversized M/T tires
    It will not ever it happen. It cant. If it does then the world will never see a bigger uprising.

16. Apr 18, 2010 at 6:38 AM
    DallasPre

DallasPre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    White 2wd
    5%tint,kick ass Stereo,remote start/alarm,K&N intake,Katzkin seat covers,Custom bed mat,de-badged,painted grillbadge blk,relocate horn,rearview camera mod,seat-belt chime mod
    Ha. was thinkin the same thing. :infantry:

17. Apr 18, 2010 at 6:57 AM
    Dimonback

Dimonback Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Austin, Tx, from all over hell and back
    Vehicle:
    Geezer double cab w/ shell
    This is the crux of the matter. Read it well, understand and take action. The longer the current cesspool of politicians is in office, the uglier it will get when they do come for the rest of our rights. Republicans and Democrats alike are corrupted by the offices they hold and must be replaced regularly.

18. Apr 18, 2010 at 7:08 AM
    centraltaco

centraltaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '10 Dub cab 4x4
    Big 'ol Louisiana Ditto's on that brother. Anyone who wouldn't go down to protect the constitution that the current leadership in this country is bastardizing should go to europe. Many great men and women have laid down their lives to protect that precious document and what it stands for. We now have elected someone who is tryin and so far suceeding in tearing it apart. Come get me I will be waiting in full body armor. I am a citizen not a subject and I am keeping my guns.

19. Apr 18, 2010 at 7:12 AM

680680 Well-Known Member

Member:
    BARRIE, ONTARIO,CANADA
    Vehicle:
    20 trd pro army green
    Stock for now
    As i am Canadian maybe i have no right to speak here. but as an outsider it is easy to see why Americans are getting such a bad reputation around the world.
    all you hear about your country is complaints this gun issue is so red neck and gun play and concealed carry is making this whole country a shit hole third world .
    I was at a party last nite with some very high ranking people in my community (lots of cash) why i was there i do not know.
    anyways someone started talking about travel to the US this summer with their small children. people are too afraid to even go to Disneyland.
    I was amazed at all the people who got involved in this conversation and believe me most of the things that were said about the US was like they where talking about some war torn 3rd level country not the great USA that i grew up to love and respect.

The country is broke there are race wars all over the streets. people packing and selling drugs and guns everywhere. The cities are getting dirty and i could not find one person at that party last nite that said they would vacation in the USA in the next 5 years.

I think you have far bigger problem than just guns.
    You have had the right to carry guns for many many years, are your streets safer now or your homes no of course not now the streets and crime is all over and everyone wants to pack a gun . kill kill kill everything that moves thats good old redneck thinking.

It is really sad to see the one time best country in the world has fallen so far so fast.

Maybe it is time to throw out all the guns in the us and join the world instead of always trying to be the world police and old western tough guys packing a gun.

In Canada we may not have guns but we have jobs and people living in there homes. The streets are clean in most part and we can still walk on our safe streets.

But all i see here is i need a gun for protection i need to carry a gun in my truck i need a gun to go camping or brother what a sad time you all live in.

the hate in your fellow country men will kill your country.

GOD BLESS America but also please bless the rest of us to

20. Apr 18, 2010 at 7:12 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    I would absolutly give up my guns! They are Horrible, loud, oilly things. All they do is hurt people, and propperty. The only reason I have so many is to keep them off the streets. Being as they kill people, I keep their actions heavilly monitored at all times. Some, i keep very close by, being as they are the most dangerous, and must be watched 24/7. I keep some of them loaded, but thats just because I dont have any place to put the ammo, and I dont want to just throw it away...I mean....What if another gun happend to be walking by, saw the ammo, and took it? I dont want that on my shoulders........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top