1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wow, I never knew this about my billet grille....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by fasn8dave, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Nov 2, 2008 at 2:55 PM
    fasn8dave

fasn8dave [OP] Hey guys watch THIS!

Member:
    Lewisville, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4
    3" Suspension Lift Custom Wheels 265 / 75 / 16 Nitto Terra Grappler Tires (32") Hard Bed Cover Front Bull Bar / Skid Plate Tinted Glass Header Mount GPS Billet Grille
    So I was cleaning out the garage today and found the center of my OEM grille that I had cut out in order to install my billet. I was walking it down the driveway to the trash when I noticed that I could just snap the emblem out and keep it for whatever reason.

Walking back up my driveway, I stopped to see what the emblem would look like on my grille, and I was considering getting some tape to take a peek.

I held it up to the grille, noticed that I can maybe get it to hang onto the grille with the snaps it has, so I lined it up and *click* it freakin' snapped on! Pretty secure and straight, too! The only thing was that I had to align it left to right, but that was easy because of the vertical supports in the grille.

Yeah, I'm a noob and you guys probably already knew this, but hey - just in case!

Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

2. Nov 2, 2008 at 2:58 PM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cool man, I'm not a guru but I haven't seen that yet. I want a billet someday but I want the emblem on it. Awesome!:D

3. Nov 2, 2008 at 3:12 PM
    RoyB

RoyB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    looks good. no emblem looks too plain imo. bet the devil one would look wicked.

4. Nov 2, 2008 at 3:41 PM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    heck I never bothered to check, but hey, if you like it keep it the way it is.
    I like the idea of the devil one (with horns)

5. Nov 2, 2008 at 3:48 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    that actually looks pretty good. billet grilles have never really been my favorite, but i like that alot.:)

6. Nov 2, 2008 at 4:07 PM
    Drew793

Drew793 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off-Road V6 Auto
    Weather Tech window shades, Roll-N-Lock cover with cargo manager, Led interior bed lights, EZ down tailgate strut, SpiderTrax1.25" wheel spacers, tinted windows, second filter removed, Grillcraft Mesh upper and lower grill, Castrol Syntec.
    Looks good man. I tried that on my Grillcraft grill but like the look without better. I would have had to make it stay though. lol Worked out good for you that it just snapped in place!

7. Nov 2, 2008 at 4:32 PM
    silver07taco

silver07taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    COIL
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    13 Tundra RCSB 5.7 4x4,07 Tacoma AC 4.0 4x4
    2013 Tundra RCSB 5.7 4x4, 2007 Tacoma AC 4.0 4x4
    Looks good:thumbsup:

8. Nov 2, 2008 at 4:41 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Nice find...I like my billet grill nice and plain...Altho +1 on that devil horn cut emblem...

9. Nov 2, 2008 at 5:53 PM
    TacoNut

TacoNut IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Denver, Co
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OR DCSB Quicksand
    That looks sweet man!!!

10. Nov 2, 2008 at 6:22 PM
    fasn8dave

Member:
    Lewisville, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4
    3" Suspension Lift Custom Wheels 265 / 75 / 16 Nitto Terra Grappler Tires (32") Hard Bed Cover Front Bull Bar / Skid Plate Tinted Glass Header Mount GPS Billet Grille
    Thanks guys LOL I guess it's just a small change of scenery so I'll sport it until the snaps wear off or until it's knocked off. I'm actually more of the "de-badged" guy but when I tried to debadge mine there was something up with the clear coat so all I got off was the "TACOMA" on the tailgate.

I just couldn't believe at how perfectly it snapped on!

I gotta say this forum is probably the friendliest I've been on in a long time. Good peeps here. Can't say that enough.

11. Nov 2, 2008 at 6:42 PM
    TacoNut

TacoNut IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Denver, Co
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OR DCSB Quicksand

12. Nov 2, 2008 at 8:13 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    looks good - I did the same with mine a long time ago... be careful as it will fall off with vibration over time - I lost mine after about 3 months on...

here's a pic from a long long long long long time ago...

truck1_152b7877e3f4e34e86709804ca5dae38ece0ca04.jpg

I eventually put a T O Y O T A emblem on it...

[​IMG]

13. Nov 2, 2008 at 8:30 PM
    fasn8dave

Member:
    Lewisville, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4
    Dude I like the TOYOTA emblem. Looks real clean!

Yeah, I figure I was on my way to the garbage can with it anyway, so if I lose it to vibration then... oh well...

I figure I'd have to remove it before hitting a car wash, and I think removing it / replacing it will eventually wear the snaps off...

14. Nov 14, 2008 at 1:44 PM
    billas333

billas333 They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Mods so far: Tube steps from toyota, Bed extender from toyota, Spare Tire lock, Sound System Makeover, Tacoma All-Weather heavy duty rubber floor mats. Rear TSB, Icon Coilovers w/ TC UCA's and 3inch rear block with rear 5100 bilstein shocks, Black Headlights, Grillcraft black grill, Devil Horns from Andres, Black Headlights, Chrome Liquid Metal Gatlins Wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Tera Grapplers, Wet Okole Seat Covers! Seat Belt Chime Mod, Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust, Debadged tailgate, TRD Decals, HID hi/low + fogs.

What kind of grille is that dave? I am looking to get one myself and really like the look of that one. How much?

15. Nov 14, 2008 at 9:04 PM
    fasn8dave

Member:
    Lewisville, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4

Products Discussed in

To Top