1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wow, Thanks For The Offer Toyota. I'll Pass.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by fxntime, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Aug 15, 2018 at 7:14 PM
    lynlan1819

lynlan1819 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tacoma
    Lifted
    He is not getting a deal like that,its B.S

frenchee likes this.
  2. Aug 15, 2018 at 8:46 PM
    Tacomamike mike

Tacomamike mike Just that, nothing more.

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD OFFROAD 4x4
    Working on it, dissent offroad racks, shift sense pro, pedal commander , ARB twin, rigid SS dually's , dual batteries, ARB fridge , 2.5 Fox coil overs wResi , 2.5 Fox rears w resi Total chaos UCA , deaver packs , Nitto trail grappler's 33" .
    Lol and the same people that aren’t so financially smart that go to McDonald’s and Starbucks twice a day, is that mcD’s and Starbucks fault for sleezy practices like rewarding frequent customers ???
    People are in business to make as much money as possible. Like you work for as much money as you can possibly get for your particular skill set.
    As I said, dealer employees dislike the “typical” know it all customers also. They’re just smart enough to make them think they got a good deal :)

3. Aug 15, 2018 at 9:59 PM
    Lost In The Woods

Lost In The Woods 4 out of the 5 voices in my head say go for it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Buckley, WA
    Vehicle:
    21 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
    An unusually high amount of pinstriping.
    Not sure if it's the custom pinstripping, the gently massaged / one off modification to the bottom of the front bumper, or the skid plate that looks like the local high school baseball team was turned loose on..... but no one has offered to by my truck.:pout:

4. Aug 15, 2018 at 10:07 PM
    Tacomamike mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    Working on it, dissent offroad racks, shift sense pro, pedal commander , ARB twin, rigid SS dually's , dual batteries, ARB fridge , 2.5 Fox coil overs wResi , 2.5 Fox rears w resi Total chaos UCA , deaver packs , Nitto trail grappler's 33" .
    $25 :thumbsup:

5. Aug 15, 2018 at 10:53 PM
    Lost In The Woods

Lost In The Woods 4 out of the 5 voices in my head say go for it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Buckley, WA
    Vehicle:
    21 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
    An unusually high amount of pinstriping.
    :rofl:I'm sure that's what they are thinking. Taking it in for the free oil change the service manager would do a walk around to look for scratches. I would always tell them not to worry about it, but they still would. The usual respond was "uummm yeah I see what you mean." I'm thinking somewhere in their computer system there is a big fat NO under "do we want this as a trade in".

6. Aug 15, 2018 at 11:02 PM
    Tacomamike mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    You would be surprised what a great detail shop can do.:) and if they have an in-house body shop....game over !

7. Aug 16, 2018 at 9:02 AM
    frenchee

frenchee Favorite Member

Member:
    Oceanside CA Area
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma TRD Double Cab 4x4
    Converted to 4WD DD VW MK6 TDI
    Although I agree with N. America's terrible spending habits, I think there is a difference.
    When I walk into a dealership and talk price, the first thing they mention is the monthly payment. They try to hide the total cost as much as possible.
    We can get you into this for xxx a month. I think that's because of the terrible spending habits here in the US.

For example on my DD purchase the salesman kept pushing his monthly payment.
    I personally don't care about the monthly payment. I want to know the aggregate cost of the vehicle. That's after they go back and fourth on finance rates for an hour. They just try to hammer the monthly price.
    Here, you can pay 200 a month for 8 years. (but you're paying 1.3 times the car.) I think its comical. Its a mix of unintelligent people and the dealer exploiting that their bad spending habits.

I guess for me its more of an insult and some customers do know it all.

Another ex.
    I take my vehicle in because 1 mile down the street I get a tire pressure light. I get home. Next day I check the pressure. 20 PSI vs 40 on other 3.
    I bring it in the next day, used car manager literally presses the tire pressure reset switch and tells me "light is gone".

I was like are you kidding me? The pressure was at 20 psi yesterday I had to pump it back to 40. Go check the tire for a nail or something.
    Incredible.

I think that they take advantage of the AVERAGE person that is terrible with their money and don't have an automotive background.
    Its more of a sleezy explotation than mc donalds if you ask me.

There is not much to understand about a dealership.
    There's a car on the lot. It has a value. You give them money for what market price is and donezo. So yes most people know it all.

8. Aug 16, 2018 at 9:42 AM
    Tacomamike mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    That’s pretty funny. It’s hard to exploit anyone for lack of knowledge when the internet will tell you everything .
    Nothing is secret, you can find absolutely anything on the net.
    You can find the dealers that discount vehicles and those that have adendums on every vehicle...this is very few now because of all the info on the net.
    As for payments , there are an unbelievable amount of people that really don’t care about price, just how much down and monthly payment are.
    For people like you that care about price that’s easy also...or at least should be.

9. Aug 16, 2018 at 9:47 AM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    AVS bug deflector, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, TRD skid plate w/ Sockmonkey decal, SOS Cocept sliders w/ Line-x, Pioneer 3500, Hybrid Audio Technology Mirus 6X9s & 6.5s, back up cam mod, Wet Okoles-front & rear, TRD exhaust, 17X9 XD Spy w/ Falken Wildpeaks, Avid light bar
    That's not spending habits that a business trying to maximize profits. lol. Seriously, it amazes me when people walk in with no knowledge of what they are doing.

BillsSR5 and Tacomamike mike like this.
  10. Aug 16, 2018 at 9:52 AM
    mbrogz3000

mbrogz3000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2020 Toyota 4Runner Limited
    I receive those offers all the time. For only my 2011 trade in which apparently is worth $24000 (which I paid $29700), and only another few hundred per month for a few years, I can buy an all new 2018 Tacoma. At this point my old 2011 is better than the non-TRD Pro 2018s, and would be a few technical step backwards compared to what I have now.

11. Aug 16, 2018 at 10:42 AM
    Tacomamike mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    It amazes me also, with all the info at the touch of a keyboard why go in ignorant?

BillsSR5 likes this.
  12. Aug 16, 2018 at 12:02 PM
    frenchee

frenchee Favorite Member

Member:
    Oceanside CA Area
    Vehicle:
    Some people might rely on the dealer to help guide them. They have no understanding and have good faith that a dealer isn't going to maximize profits on them (fleece). There needs to be a trust with the customer.

On that same logic you're saying that mechanics should "maximize" their profits on the innocent. Those with no car knowledge or the elderly.
    If I said the same thing about a mechanic "maximizing" profits on someone it would be treated differently here.

13. Aug 16, 2018 at 12:11 PM
    Tacoaric

Tacoaric Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dallas, Texas
    Vehicle:
    King Ranch F250 Powerstroke

yep, BS. Your truck (2010, 2wd) consistently sells for 12-15 at auction. So..... yeah... no.

14. Aug 16, 2018 at 12:16 PM
    frenchee

frenchee Favorite Member

Member:
    Oceanside CA Area
    Vehicle:

I totally agree. Most people just care about money down and monthly. It's not my call to make but that is how I see modern day America. You want a shiny truck and are willing to pay 1.25-1.4 times the value depending on your financing. They just see a monthly payment and don't realize the total cost. They will once they have an underwater car loan one year later.

I guess it depends on what you value.

15. Aug 16, 2018 at 12:17 PM
    TexasWhiteIce

TexasWhiteIce Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2022 White DCLB SR5 - Blackout
    Seems like there are a lot of expert financial planners on this thread. :jerkoff:

16. Aug 16, 2018 at 1:23 PM
    frenchee

frenchee Favorite Member

Member:
    Oceanside CA Area
    Vehicle:
    Yes debt is good

ace96 likes this.
  17. Aug 16, 2018 at 1:47 PM
    TacomaMike37

TacomaMike37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    13' DCLB MGM
    I'm surprised you came back to this thread after having been emasculated by atleast 12 members.

Tacomamike mike likes this.
  18. Aug 16, 2018 at 2:45 PM
    Tacomamike mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    Some folks like the pain !

19. Aug 16, 2018 at 5:28 PM
    TexasWhiteIce

TexasWhiteIce Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2022 White DCLB SR5 - Blackout
    Oh how cute, you and your boyfriend with the same user handles

20. Aug 16, 2018 at 5:30 PM
    Tacomamike mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    That’s what you have? So gay bashing is your thing ??
    How Tacoma World of you:).
    Get a life loser!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top