1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wrangler Silent Armors

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by SURFTACO, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Mar 3, 2010 at 9:35 PM
    SURFTACO

SURFTACO [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    3'' Pro Lift, 275 70 17 Tires Rear Suspension TSB Flat Black Stock Rims Seat Belt Chime off Fog Lights On anytime Jet pilot interior All weather floor Mats Tonneau Cover
    Anyone have a set of the Wrangler Silent Armors? My Dad works for good year and suggested the style. Apparently its a great all around tire.

2. Mar 3, 2010 at 11:48 PM
    sincitytaco

sincitytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Las Vegas
    Icons, Bilstein 5100, Rear Leaf TSB, 17x9 American Racing Chamber Teflon, 275/70/17 Goodyear
    They are supposed to be nice, but after 2 sets the tire shop could not get them to balance or road force correctly. I then made them replace them with BFG All Terrains and now it is great. BFGs are the best in my opinion.

3. Mar 4, 2010 at 5:04 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    SBurl Vermont
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DC MGM
    Stock for now
    I have over 20k on mine & no balance issues. I had toyota mount & balance them for I bought them cash & carry. They are a very good overall tire & there are a few others here that run em & went with them on a recommendation. They are not as aggressive looking as some tires but handle well off and on road in all conditions/all four seasons here in VT. Would still be using them in the winter if I didn't tow with the tacoma. That is my experience with the tire & would buy again.

4. Mar 4, 2010 at 5:13 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Goodyear tried to talk me into these because all the Duratracs for 18s are E load but I didn't want them and went with the E load Duratracs 275/65/18 & have no regrets. They ride just fine & don't weigh any more than the NTGs that came off it.

To Top