1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wreck update: Help me choose a new bumper

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by everleet, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Dec 28, 2010 at 9:39 AM
    everleet

everleet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 TRD Off Road
    Hi all,

Last time I checked in I had just wrecked the front end of my taco. Just got the insurance estimate back and all said and done, the damage is $5200. The AC unit is going to be totally replaced as well as the radiator. If you guys want to see, I'll include the entire list provided by Gieco.

So included in the cosmetic damage will be a new hood, grille, and bumper. The totally dollar amount allocated for the bumper is just above 700 (with all assembly parts included) so I'm thinking I will take this opportunity to put in a decent after market bumper. Anyone have a suggestion for something close to this price range? I would be able to spend 200-300 extra out of pocket, so I'm looking at close to a grand.

Relentless was my first thought but there are a few problems as I see it.
    1. Not sure but I assume there is a waiting list at this point and the body shop needs to know whats going on by the end of the week as they are going to start pulling the damaged parts out tomorrow. The owner told me the bumper will be the last thing to be installed though, so I have some time to play with.
    2. Is the bumper the only thing included or do assembly parts come as well?
    3. Relentless is on the west coast, I'm on the east coast. I'm thinking shipping may take awhile.
    4. Do Relentless bumpers only fit on a lifted truck?

PS - 400 is allocated for the hood including assembly parts (lock and hinges) and 280 for the grille. Feel free to give me some opinions on what you would do. Thanks all

2. Dec 28, 2010 at 10:02 AM
    98_Mud_bug

98_Mud_bug 98_mud_bug

Member:
    lucedale Ms.
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5/ 06 x-runner
    3 inch suspension lift, night shades corner and blinkers projector headlights with halos and 3 led's 18 inch kmc xd rockstar wheels,275/65/18 kelly safari tsr's, bush whacker fender flares 7 inch touch screen, 2 kenwood 12's, Magnaflow exaust single in dual out,
    Relentless ships through fastenall as far as I know and it should fit on a stock truck but it may sag the. front some

3. Dec 28, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    RZRob

RZRob Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Anaheim Hills
    I'd go with a Relentless or AllPro and just go with a simple lift too (minimal cost ($200-$300)). Shipping cost for the bumper may hurt though. Might investigate east coast suppliers/fabricators.

RZ Rob

4. Dec 28, 2010 at 11:55 AM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Tacoma offroad armor fabricating beast Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Eastern side of the Sierras: Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 4x4> 03 SR5 4x4 total> 14 Crewmax TRD
    Had tons on the old Taco's.... new Tundra is pretty stock
  5. Dec 28, 2010 at 3:15 PM
    DrRabbitFurHead

DrRabbitFurHead Yeah, there's a TSB for that!

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    X-treme Off Road Edition (4x4)
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    Make sure to order a Sport Hood not the TRD O/R hood.

6. Dec 28, 2010 at 3:35 PM
    MrFastLayne

MrFastLayne Mr SGA

Member:
    First Name:
    Layne
    Lincoln Ca,
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 SR5 V6 Off Road
    Lift,Winch,Shell,Light Bar,Siren,Radio's
To Top