1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

wrecked truck, need info

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by j_cyrus, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Dec 29, 2009 at 7:13 PM
    j_cyrus

j_cyrus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Atascocita TX
    http://www.golsn.com/listings/automotive/cars-trucks/1287089.html

I found this truck that has been wrecked. I am by no means a "body man" but I like to wrench on stuff. Does this truck look like it's worth fixing? I don't want it to be a beauty, but maybe a mud/trail truck? What's it worth to you guys? $3,000 is way too much, just wondering what ya'll would offer him?

2. Dec 29, 2009 at 7:20 PM
    kcbmx

kcbmx doing my thing.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marco
    Bakersfield CaLiFoRnIa
    Vehicle:
    2tr-fe 4wd
    spit cup, weathertech floor mats, riffle rack, and bilsteins.
    I payed $3,100 for my o5 4x4 4banger with 56k, but then again it rolled.

3. Dec 29, 2009 at 7:20 PM
    rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage
    3000 is not so bad. considering you will probably spend another 2000.00 on used parts to repair(new factory parts are expensive) . i would try to get it for 2000
    do you have the op to look at it in person? i would look up dimensions and do a little measuring to see how badly the frame is bent, if it is.

4. Dec 29, 2009 at 7:22 PM
    rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage
    also did the airbags go off? if so will you replace them?

5. Dec 29, 2009 at 7:22 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    That is some rough damage- I would be curious as to what he did to end up with it like that. There could be alot of gremlins in the frame and suspension. If you are planning a complete rebuild to a mud/trail rig...I would go for 2Gs....maybe...

6. Dec 29, 2009 at 7:30 PM
    j_cyrus

j_cyrus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Atascocita TX
    I am about 30 minutes from where this guy is located, so yes I can go look at it. I used to work at a body shop as a cleanup guy, sand and prep for paint. I think this weekend(if he still has it) I am gonna take one of the guys that work for the shop I used to work at to look at the truck and see what he thinks.

I wouldn't put the airbags back in unless I could get one dirt cheap, it won't be drove on the rode. I probably won't even tag/register it if I end up with it.

To Top