1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wrecks Out My Window

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by SMKYTXN, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Sep 20, 2013 at 6:39 AM
    jjew18

jjew18 the Nightman cometh!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Added extra awesomeness to its original awesomeness.
    What intersection is that?

Same shit happened to me a year or so ago, not one person stopped to see if everything was okay. :facepalm: society

2. Sep 20, 2013 at 6:40 AM
    SMKYTXN

SMKYTXN [OP] If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    11, 4dr, TRD Sport, 6sp
    DCFB

I guess I should have pointed out where to watch. :)

I haven't shared the videos with the police yet. Of the accidents I recorded it was obvious who was at fault and there haven't been any serious injuries. The lady getting taken out on the stretcher in this one climbed out of the car on her own and laid down on the stretcher.

3. Sep 20, 2013 at 6:41 AM
    SMKYTXN

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    11, 4dr, TRD Sport, 6sp
    DCFB
    This is the intersection of Beltway 8 and Westheimer in Houston. Yeah, people just go about their day.

4. Sep 20, 2013 at 6:44 AM
    xJuice

xJuice My spoon is too Big!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    N. Texas
    Vehicle:
    19 Tundra MGM
    TRD Front & Rear Sway Bar, TRD Pro LED Headlights, Undercover SE, Rear diff. Relocate, console organizer, debadged, color matched handles, mirror caps, and grill
    No kidding. I saw something happen right in front of me before, had to drive down the road a 1/4 mile to pull off then walk back up a 1/4 mile to see if everyone was ok. The guy in the truck that swiped a car was gracious enough to drive me back to my truck :p

5. Sep 20, 2013 at 10:24 AM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    98 3.4L V6 TRD Ext. Cab 4x4 SR5
    ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All Pro rear suspension kit, factory E-locker, Trail Gear sliders and front stinger bumper, CBI Offroad rear tube bumper, XRC8 Winch, 33 inch BFG KM2's, 16 inch Ivan Stewart Wheels, Uniden CB radio, flip up license plate, white tail lights, LED front signals, Tundra front brake upgrade, new radio, rock lights, sub woofer, remote start, satoshi grille with Prius emblem, Rigid DOT/SAE Fog Lights, 12" Light Bar
    I stand corrected on my statement before. And I agree with you in that they are designed to get squished pretty bad I think lol. I know cars all have crumple zones but these ones seem like too much lol. This is the one that rearended me lol (part of a 4 car accident, a mustang hit him into me, and then I was pushed into another car)

B08B1E97-E9B1-4086-8E45-7A27D3655E6A-172_4e74db7a5b45953131aa28dc00d6470389e307d1.jpg

It still bugs me how nobody stops. Nobody stopped for ours either.

6. Sep 20, 2013 at 10:41 AM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    from the looks of the first 2 videos it almost seems that the traffic light may be in a bad location. Seems like people may be having trouble seeing the light as they pass under the bridge or the bridge may be causing some kinda bad lighting to where the traffic light is obscured or hard to see. The third video, not paying attention...But the first two videos are so similar it says to me the overpass is interfering with the view of the light. Maybe the light is too soon after the overpass and traffic is not ready for it. Anyway, it's a horrible intersection. Maybe a caution light on the other side of the overpass warning drivers of the light will help.

7. Sep 20, 2013 at 10:45 AM
    Gaunt596

Gaunt596 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Central Maryland
    no, this was discussed earlier i think. there is one light on one side of the overpass, and the intersection light on the other. the problem is people cruise through thinking if the light is green on one side then it should be green on the other, right? so the idiots just cruise through not paying attention, probably too busy talking on the damn phone or texting....

8. Sep 20, 2013 at 10:48 AM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    it's just the way houston has their under/overpasses set up. there's an intersection like that ever.5-1 mile, all of the way around their beltway. that's the second light too, there is another light just on the other side of the overpass, maybe 50 yards earlier that they just went through.

9. Sep 20, 2013 at 11:04 AM
    k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    OK well then thats bass akwards. you should only have one freakin light on one side unless there's some kinda warning light. Just seems odd how similar the two videos are.Don't know if that an East West noth south facing intersection or what But seems like a busy confusing intersection. Still seems like the stop bar is close to the overpass.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  10. Sep 20, 2013 at 11:13 AM
    colinb17

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...

this is why the accidents are occuring. this is the intersection i went through to and from work when i was in houston. this is a little more complicated than the one in the videos, but they are all very similar. it's absolutely stupid.

[​IMG]

11. Sep 20, 2013 at 11:18 AM
    jbmccul

jbmccul Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra AT4, 2019 Audi A5, 2017 Audi Q5
    I hate driving in Houston. Last time I was there I was driving one of those huge QX56's and the roads were insane. No shoulders on anything!

12. Sep 20, 2013 at 11:23 AM
    colinb17

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    city problems.

13. Sep 20, 2013 at 11:32 AM
    k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
    Dude holy crapola:eek: That make the 408,I-4 interchange look elementary.

14. Sep 20, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    xJuice

xJuice My spoon is too Big!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    N. Texas
    Vehicle:
    19 Tundra MGM
    TRD Front & Rear Sway Bar, TRD Pro LED Headlights, Undercover SE, Rear diff. Relocate, console organizer, debadged, color matched handles, mirror caps, and grill
    I don't know what the big deal is. Looks like a standard highway/freeway overpass intersection to me :notsure:

15. Sep 20, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
    The only reason I metion lighting with the sun and proximity to the overpass is cause we have several intersections here with lights right after an overpass and we have accidents there all the time. Granted our intersection are not as congested but, the main reason is people complain that they could not see the light or it was obscured (probably from looking at their phones, not paying attention blah,blah,blah). seems to be somewhat of a problem. dam engineers. And yes Colin I can say that cause my wife is an EE. Don't worry she cuses the cops all the time too..:)

16. Sep 20, 2013 at 12:13 PM
    colinb17

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    :p :thumbsup:

17. Sep 20, 2013 at 12:27 PM
    killianeric

killianeric Well-Known Member

Member:
    High Desert
    Vehicle:
    2007 Bass Model Tacoma
    My dad and I were going home from the shop on Bear Valley road (Speed limit 50-55), if if any one is familiar with it in the High Desert. Anyways we pass trough a intersection saw a car on our left try to gun it across 6 lanes, came a couple feet off our back bumper. Unfortunately the car behind us wasn't so lucky. He T boned the car crossing. We turned around at the next street and went to check on them. The passenger door of the car that got T boned was touching the center console. Luckily no one was in the passenger seat. No one got hurt they were all just shaken up pretty bad.

18. Sep 20, 2013 at 1:03 PM
    Noelie84

Noelie84 What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    8.5 Fisher XV2, some switches, some lights.
    My guess is that the guy in the Ford wasn't paying attention, noticed the BMW braking, and stood on the brakes. That would have tucked his nose far enough that he would have connected with the impact bar in the BMW's rear bumper up high on the nose.
    That'd explain the crushed grill, hood, fenders, and chrome bumper facade on the ford. The plastic shell on the BMW probably deformed with the impact and popped back into shape once they broke contact. However, the steel impact bar is probably a mess underneath that soft plastic shell...

19. Sep 20, 2013 at 1:24 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius

meh....silly other 49 states

clearly NJ has the best highway system

No left turns FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Sep 20, 2013 at 1:26 PM
    SMKYTXN

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    11, 4dr, TRD Sport, 6sp
    DCFB
    We just had another one! This was the typical red light runner like the first two videos. He spun a car around pretty good. I'm working on the video now.

Products Discussed in

To Top