1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB: 05-07 Tacoma DCSB Trd Off-Road

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by benjaminallen1, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Mar 19, 2013 at 1:39 PM
    benjaminallen1

benjaminallen1 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma
    Custom Elite Front Winch Bumper, Smitty X20, CAI, Custom Exhaust, Throttle Body Spacer, 3" lift, Front & Rear Locking Differentials.
    Hey guys... First post so bear with me (yes... I have used TW religiously in the past, bought stuff, pm'd people, and swear up and down by the forum, but have never made a post. Don't hate me too much for it).

Had an '01 Tacoma regular cab for years and modded it exactly to the specs I've needed for the mountains (front & rear locking diffs, elite winch bumper, etc.), but alas it is time to go. Brother wants the truck to use for hound hunting and I am needing to move into something with a back seat for family. However, the new truck must also double as a weekend mountain warrior so whatever it is missing for such will be the follow up investment. The money I get for my 01 Tacoma, plus the couple grand I have save up, will be all I have to spend as I want to pay cash. Below are the details of what I am looking for. I have about two months to make the purchase so any help or leads into a truck would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Ben

2005+ Toyota Tacoma DCSB Trd Off-Road 4x4 (V6 manual)
    - <130,xxx original miles
    - <$17,000
    - mods not an issue
    - I'm located in the Spokane/North Idaho area but will certainly travel for the right truck.

Truck Bumper.jpg

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  2. Mar 19, 2013 at 2:19 PM
    anethema

anethema Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
    ARB Bumper,OEM Roof rack modded for access cab, Allpro Rock Sliders,Icon Adjustable coilovers,More Tie Downs in bed, Firestone Airbags in rear,Block heater
    Actaully 05-08 are the same, it got all the electronic gizmos in 09. Just lettin ya know if that was why you stopped at 07.

3. Mar 19, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    benjaminallen1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma
    Custom Elite Front Winch Bumper, Smitty X20, CAI, Custom Exhaust, Throttle Body Spacer, 3" lift, Front & Rear Locking Differentials.
    Actually was just stopping at 07 because my price range was so limited, I figured anything newer would be out of my budget. Thats a great point though... I guess I can probably update it to encompass 08 anyways! Thanks!

4. Mar 19, 2013 at 3:05 PM
    PepsiManKolt

PepsiManKolt Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kolt
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Vehicle:
    08 BCSB TRD OR (it's gettin' there)
    Icon 2.5 Front/Rear, TC UCAs, Heated Leather Interior, LED tails, Doug Thorley LT headers, Borla Exhaust, Paintmatch (satoshi and engine cover), 2013 Touch Screen, SnugTop XTR w/ custom rotopax mount, ARB front bumper, HFF CMC and Sliders, Viair Dual compressors.
    I was in the same boat but I bought a 08 DCSB TRD OR w/ 96k miles a month ago for $17,800. Might as well aim high and not rule anything out. Good luck in your search.

5. Mar 19, 2013 at 10:22 PM
    DaVikes

DaVikes Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    Colorado Sports Car
    Arb front bumper, warn winch, All Pro rear bumper, OME up front, OME and All Pro Standard in Back, ARB locker
    Have you tried www.ksl.com? It's the Salt Lake newspaper's website, which has many more vehicles than craigslist in SLC. I've been looking there, and in TX, as prices in Denver, where I live, are definitely at the top of the market. Also, if you want to search craigslist state by state, try zoomthelist.com. Good luck!

6. Mar 20, 2013 at 8:14 AM
    benjaminallen1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma
    Thanks for info Ross! I am dealing with the same issue here as you are in Denver... every Tacoma in North Idaho sells around $3k ABOVE bluebook and usually has the hardest miles you can find!

To Top