1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB 05-10 topper in for shortbed in FL.

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Front sight, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Jan 5, 2010 at 6:34 AM
    Front sight

Front sight [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    ProComp 3"lift, LR UCA's,Destination 285/70/17's, 1.25 spidertrax, K&N drop in, 2nd filter removed, Dynomax catback, Weathertech liners,Toyota bed mat, Silverstar Ultra's, reverse lights,Wet Oklee's,bedlights and other small stuff.
    I've been looking in craigslist everyday for a month. I've seen a few for the extracab, but nothing for a quad cab. I'm looking for silver if possible. PM me.
    Thanks Dominik

2. Jan 5, 2010 at 9:57 AM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.

Hi Domink,
    I don't think there is a difference between the two when it comes to toppers/canopies/caps/shells. The long bed is typically 6 foot. Although you can call a canopy retailer and they may fess up and tell you this.
    I had been looking and just purchased a black SnugTop Canopy. Guy bought it off Craigslist. Put it on his regular cab truck and drove it home about 35 minutes away. Next morning he looks at the canopy and realized the regular cab is vertical at the back compared to access or double cabs and the canopy was hitting his brake light. Anyway, I also have a silver double cab and took the canopy to Maaco and had them colormatch the canopy to mine. 2nd time I have done this with different vehicles. Looks great and with purchasing the used canopy, even with paint I saved about 1200.00 bucks over a new one.
    Good luck. Ken:cool:

3. Jan 5, 2010 at 11:08 AM
    jhodge83

jhodge83 Any dog under 50# is a cat and cats are useless... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 Timberland Mica DC 4WD Sport
    wat?
    a reg cab/AC/DC LB=6 foot bed.......DC SB=5 foot bed....slight difference when looking for those shells

4. Jan 5, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    Front sight

Front sight [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    ProComp 3"lift, LR UCA's,Destination 285/70/17's, 1.25 spidertrax, K&N drop in, 2nd filter removed, Dynomax catback, Weathertech liners,Toyota bed mat, Silverstar Ultra's, reverse lights,Wet Oklee's,bedlights and other small stuff.
    You got it. Here in FL, a DC shell is tough to find used.

5. Jan 5, 2010 at 1:01 PM
    jhodge83

jhodge83 Any dog under 50# is a cat and cats are useless... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 Timberland Mica DC 4WD Sport
    wat?
    same here....even more so for a bestop like i want. a guy was selling one in NC for a LB for $300 last month

6. Jan 5, 2010 at 1:21 PM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    I don't think it matters where you are. Single cab, access cab, double cab short and long beds. They are all difficult to locate used. I found a couple in a 30 day period. First time I didn't jump quick enough. Next time I didn't have to be told twice. Ended up driving over 300 mile roundtrip but the savings was worth it. If I were guessing, at least in my area (northwest) there are about 3 to 1 short bed doubles over the long bed. You would think this would make it easier to find a shortbed canopy. But then there are 3 to 1 guys looking. good luck.

To Top