1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB: 1 Slim Working DDM Tuning Ballast

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by Muy Grande, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Nov 25, 2011 at 10:19 PM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    Looking to buy 1 Slim DDM Tuning Ballast in good working condition. One of mine died and unfortunetly the pair was bought on here some time ago so I could not return them to DDM to replace under warranty. If anybody has one that they want to get rid of name your price.

Thanks.

2. Nov 25, 2011 at 10:22 PM
    Bishop2Queens6

Bishop2Queens6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB MGM
    Afe CAI (removed back to stock intake), TSB 4 leaf pack with Firestone Air Bags and Daystar cradels, 3rd OEM HU, Wranger All Terrain Adventure with Kevlar 265/75/16, Cali raised LED pods, Wheeler Off Road Front Bump Stops.
    On the ddm site, a replacement ballast is $12.50. Is there an issue with ordering one from them?

3. Nov 25, 2011 at 10:50 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    Yes there is.....the slim ballast actually cost $17.50 and it's about $13.00 for shipping so if I go through DDM it will be $30 for one replacement Ballast! :eek:

So hoping to score one on here for cheap. :D

4. Nov 25, 2011 at 11:55 PM
    Bishop2Queens6

Bishop2Queens6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB MGM
    Afe CAI (removed back to stock intake), TSB 4 leaf pack with Firestone Air Bags and Daystar cradels, 3rd OEM HU, Wranger All Terrain Adventure with Kevlar 265/75/16, Cali raised LED pods, Wheeler Off Road Front Bump Stops.
    Might as well buy a new complete kit and hold on to the old kit for spare parts.

5. Nov 26, 2011 at 12:21 AM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Yeah that did cross my mind but then I decided to post here......the whole point of my post is to try and find a cheap one. :popcorn:

6. Nov 26, 2011 at 6:32 PM
    TacomaMan

TacomaMan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dude
    CA
    Vehicle:
    4x4 2nd Gen Tacoma
    I thought DDM had lifetime warranty on their stuff?

7. Nov 27, 2011 at 8:16 AM
    Trapper6speed

Trapper6speed Hacksaw engineer

Member:
    Stock
    They do but getting it seems to take a long while. I had a ballast go bad from them instead of messing with them bought another kit from SlimCubby. A little more for more.

8. Nov 27, 2011 at 10:34 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD

They do but apparently its not covered if you buy them used from another member on the forum. Warranty is valid for the original purchaser and you need to provide an order number..... So you need to have that handy. Just some FYI stuff fly you all out there in TW!

To Top