1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB 18" Chrome Clad Cover

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires Marketplace' started by Texoma, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Aug 18, 2012 at 4:39 AM
    Texoma

Texoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Poweraid TB spacer, a bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA 2035s headers and dey are perty, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, LR UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, 5 factory 16" steels wit Pep Boys special Dakota Definity MT's in 285/75/16, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more but it's alre
    Hey guys, I am looking to buy an 18" chrome clad cover for the 2012 sport edition wheels. I here of guys removing these covers because they don't like them. Well, I like them, and I want, need one for my spare tire so I can have a five tire rotation. If you have successfully removed your covers and you want to keep it that way, I will cladly(made a funny there) take them off of you. Here's a pic of what I am looking for.

[​IMG]

Or if you are close and plan on removing the clad, I can just trade you my spare with a never used bridgestone tire on it. Thanks guys.

2. Aug 26, 2012 at 8:20 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Poweraid TB spacer, a bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA 2035s headers and dey are perty, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, LR UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, 5 factory 16" steels wit Pep Boys special Dakota Definity MT's in 285/75/16, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more but it's alre
    Bump for the week

3. Aug 31, 2012 at 6:00 PM
    MJM777

MJM777 Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.E. Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB 4x4 Sport
    How are these guys removing these?

4. Sep 1, 2012 at 7:02 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    There is another thread on "how do I remove?" with no real answer. They are pressed on, there don't seem to be any tabs or adhesive holding them in place. If I was going to remove them, I would leave them sitting in the sun for an hour or so, then go over them with a hair dryer to heat them up the rest of the way. Then, with some wood wedges or plastic wedges, attempt to separate the cover from the rim, and not be afraid to uae a little muscle. They should slide right off.

5. Sep 8, 2012 at 1:00 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Weekly bump, if you are out there, PM me.

To Top