1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB-1984-88 pickup, 6 ft bed, Blue

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Outlaw, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Sep 8, 2010 at 8:43 AM
    Outlaw

Outlaw [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD SPORT Acc.Cab Mag Grey 4x4 Auto
    Weathertech floor liners, stone and bug deflector, Putco Element In Channel Window Visors, Viper remote starter, Harley lighted hitch cover, Harley front mudflaps, Metal Miller Harley Grill Emblem, Grillcraft grill, SockMonkey design Bedside Decals and 3rd Brake light TRD decal, K&N Air Filter, Goodyear Duratrac 265/70/17 C load, Valor Exhaust tip, De-badged tailgate, Advantage Tonneau Cover, Smoked license plate cover, NFab step bars. Custom Ipod holder. Stock Suspension :(
    Wondering if any of you know where to find a blue 6ft LB for a 1984 Extended cab, Blue.
    1984-88 years were all the same.
    Thanks in advance if you got any ideas.

2. Sep 8, 2010 at 1:53 PM
    Outlaw

Member:
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    Weathertech floor liners, stone and bug deflector, Putco Element In Channel Window Visors, Viper remote starter, Harley lighted hitch cover, Harley front mudflaps, Metal Miller Harley Grill Emblem, Grillcraft grill, SockMonkey design Bedside Decals and 3rd Brake light TRD decal, K&N Air Filter, Goodyear Duratrac 265/70/17 C load, Valor Exhaust tip, De-badged tailgate, Advantage Tonneau Cover, Smoked license plate cover, NFab step bars. Custom Ipod holder. Stock Suspension :(
    Just the bed is all Im looking for if you were wondering.
    Know any good salvage yards where you can look up parts on line?

thanks Doc Brown. Its a little too far away from me here in Iowa, But may be worth looking anyway.

3. Sep 8, 2010 at 2:00 PM
    DocBrown86

DocBrown86 Yota Doc

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    San Diego (Spring Valley)
    Vehicle:
    04 Prerunner
    toytec coil spacers, tokicko struts/dubcab springs, energy suspension rack bushings, bilstien hd shocks, K&N FIPK2, Flowmaster 50DF, ScanGuage2, 5000k HID's, horn mod, other stuff that I forgot to list

http://sdminitruck.com/

EDIT: oops, you were looking for a catalogue. Since you know what you want, try giving em a call.

4. Sep 8, 2010 at 9:56 PM
    WTtoolman

WTtoolman Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Omaha, NE
    Vehicle:
    2006 Access Cab 4x4 TRD SWB
    5100s at 0, eibachs, 2" toytec AAL,, Moto Metal 951b, BFG A/T
    I tried to find a used bed for my '88 but never had any luck. If you did find one in good condition, it would probably be on the west coast and shipping would be brutal. There used to be a company in canada that made full fiberglass beds with internal metal plates that were stronger than the stock steel beds. If only I could remember the name.......

5. Sep 8, 2010 at 10:05 PM
    WTtoolman

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Omaha, NE
    Vehicle:
    Not true. There were 2 different types of beds. The 2x4 beds had hooks on the top outside of the bed, a ridge along the wheel opening and, I believe, external tailgate clamps, while the 4x4 models had the plain flat side beds.

6. Sep 9, 2010 at 7:01 AM
    Outlaw

Member:
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    oh yeah, I forgot to put that it is a 4x4. I forget that not all our trucks are 4 wheel drive. thanks for the addition. May have found one without a tail gate in Colorado.

7. Sep 9, 2010 at 7:20 AM
    WTtoolman

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Omaha, NE
    Vehicle:
    Sweet! Even when I lived in Phoenix/Las Vegas, it was hard finding one in acceptable shape!! Either iit would be rusty or beat to hell. It really makes me mad that if it weren't for the rust, my '88 would be in excellent condition. If you do find one, I highly recommend putting a few coats of rhino lining/line-x on the entire underside and inside of the bed! .

8. Sep 9, 2010 at 12:57 PM
    My68ur8trd

My68ur8trd Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Williamsburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD OR Dcab 4x4
    URD Catback | TRD CAI | TRD S/C | APR X-1 | DTLT | APR 2.85" Pulley |Fabtech 6" | Icon C/O | Alcan Leafs | 33 Grabber AT2 | 17" XD Addicts
To Top