1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB 1st gen tacoma!!!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by tacovic, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Mar 8, 2010 at 9:09 PM
    tacovic

tacovic [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    MN/WI
    Vehicle:
    00 4x4 TRD
    stock for now
    Ok guys I am looking for a 1st gen tacoma. if you are selling one, if you know someone who is selling one, or if you know of one for sale with my specifications PLEASE post in this thread or PM me. i cant seem to find many trucks that fit my specifications around here. It would be nice if the truck was somewhat close, but i would consider a truck far away as well if it fits my needs and a good price. the 3 things the truck NEEDS to have are...
    -4x4
    -v6
    -ext. cab
    now my "dream truck" would be a 1st gen tacoma, v6, 5 speed manual, 4x4, TRD package, low miles (100,000 or less), zero mechanical problems, rust free, black white green or dark purple, and towing package all for less than 10 grand. if you know of a truck with this description PLEASE CONTACT me either in this thread or via PM.

i would also be interested in a modified truck as well. i will be using the truck as a DD/work truck/off road rig so eventually i will be adding a mild lift, bigger tires, a locker if it does not have it, and armor.

other than that i am pretty open to any tacomas for a good price. i would either like a less expensive (7 grand or less) truck with higher miles for a good price, or a nicer truck with more of my specifications and lower miles for a higher price (10 grand or so). Post up if you have one for sale, or if you see a add. this thread will be good for me and also others who are looking for a 1st gen, because these days they are getting harder and harder to find.

Thanks and have a GREAT day.

2. Mar 8, 2010 at 9:59 PM
    tacovic

Member:
    MN/WI
    Vehicle:
    00 4x4 TRD
    stock for now
    maybe this thread would be better in the 1st gen section. mods could you please move it

3. Mar 9, 2010 at 12:30 PM
    STLharry

STLharry Lube: It's the key to penetration.

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    VT
    Vehicle:
    Yeti Rescue Package with 220k miles
    '95-'97 camouflaged, ARB bull bar, sliders, rear tube bumper, King coilovers with Icon neoprene condoms and a defenestrated sway bar, OME Rear Suspension: CS046R leafs/N85 shocks/NWOR greasable mounting stuff; S13WL Tundra calipers/pads/rotors, IPF H4 lenses and bulbs, IPF 968 DCG 100W fog lights, clapped out CB radio, Aussie-spec FJ60 inclinometer, ARB CKMA12 compressor; 4' Hi-Lift, deckplate mod/grey wire mod/dif breather extensions/dif drop, Duratrac tires, Sockmonkey bedside decals, boat cupholder
    Sorry to say this, but you're not going to find a tacoma with low miles for under 10 grand. You would be lucky to find those options you listed in a tacoma for around 10 grand with higher miles.
    It's just a fact that these trucks hold their value very well. The prices have also gotten much higher since the 95.5-00 buyback started a few years ago.

4. Mar 9, 2010 at 12:47 PM
    brg88tx

brg88tx Well-Known Member

Member:
  5. Mar 9, 2010 at 1:16 PM
    tacovic

Member:
    MN/WI
    Vehicle:
    00 4x4 TRD
    stock for now
    i am fully aware i probably wont find my "dream truck". what i meant was in a perfect world thats what i would like and thats what i would want to spend. that being said, i know i wont find that truck. that is why i listed other specifications. also i am pretty flexible when it comes to miles. and the MAX i could spend would be 12k. but that would have to be one sweet truck. i am willing to look at higher mileage trucks and i would be perfectly fine if the truck had 170k miles, as long as the truck was taken care of.

6. Mar 9, 2010 at 2:31 PM
    TacomaJack09

TacomaJack09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jackson
    Kentucky!
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab 4x4
    Stock
  7. Mar 11, 2010 at 5:45 PM
    tacovic

Member:
    MN/WI
    Vehicle:
    00 4x4 TRD
    stock for now
    ok guys i have a new truck i am interested in. its a 98 with 94k miles 5 speed 4x4 ext cab black sr5 and in pretty good shape. there is some rust on the rear and front bumper but nothing bad. it was tested by toyota for the frame issue late 2008 and passed. i got them down to 9 grand. the timing belt hasnt been changed. you guys think this is a good deal? they just got the truck in and is being detailed. it isnt even on the lot yet. seems like they really want to sell the truck. it was listed at 9995 and i got them down to 9k. i can probably get them to go down some more or i was thinking maybe working something out with changing the timing belt and or some rustproofing. input?

To Top