1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB: 2nd Gen AAL without any lift

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by T@co_Pr3runn3r, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Apr 1, 2013 at 8:11 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r [OP] XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Anyone have any AALs laying around they took out because the got played out and no longer lift? I have reg cab with 3 leaf packs and would like to do AAL without it lifting any more than just the thickness of the leaf.

2. Apr 10, 2013 at 3:47 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Really? No one has a used AAL that has lost it's lift laying around or maybe an oem 4 leaf pack they replaced? I find this hard to believe........post up!

3. Apr 10, 2013 at 11:30 AM
    Texoma

Texoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Poweraid TB spacer, a bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA 2035s headers and dey are perty, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, LR UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, 5 factory 16" steels wit Pep Boys special Dakota Definity MT's in 285/75/16, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more but it's alre
  4. Apr 10, 2013 at 11:40 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Please refer to the "has lost their lift" in reference to AALs in my post. Yours are 2" new, had they sagged most of that 2" before you took them off? I have reg cab and want 4 leafs and no more lift than an oem 4 leaf pack would have which is about 3/4". I have 3 leaf pack now and do not want to lift the rr of the truck. Just want helper leaf or AALs that lift none to take care of axle wrap and be better cornering or towing or hauling than the weak ass 3 leafs are. I will not be going higher than .85 up front when adding 5100s. Right now have .5" lift up front and rr has 1 3/4" more gap than front. Don't want it higher up front and don't want lift the rear. I like how high it is now but want it to be more sturdy and ride better like the 5100s will make it do. Already had 2.5" on the old truck with 1.5 AAL on rr. Don't want to be that high this time. Don't want to need bigger more expensive tires and get less mpg either. Just a bit of leveling and better ride/load handling.

5. Apr 10, 2013 at 2:22 PM
    Texoma

Texoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Poweraid TB spacer, a bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA 2035s headers and dey are perty, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, LR UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, 5 factory 16" steels wit Pep Boys special Dakota Definity MT's in 285/75/16, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more but it's alre
    With an unloaded bed, yes, they provide the 2" of lift as advertised. With a truck box full of tools and what not, or a camper shell, these would do what you're asking for. Other than that, you are probably going to find the greatest satisfaction out of some auto parts store helper springs. I was looking at advance auto recently,and they have some for about $45. There is a thread on this forum about axle wrap eliminated that uses just that. Any how, if you are interested, send me a pm. Good luck

6. Apr 10, 2013 at 2:27 PM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    Buy some helper springs if you don't want any lift, search it on jc whitney

7. Apr 10, 2013 at 2:28 PM
    VirginiaBound

VirginiaBound Whyareyoureadingthis?

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam I am, green eggs and ham
    North of Maine, South of Spain
  8. Apr 10, 2013 at 8:26 PM
    chetweewax

chetweewax Well-Known Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport SR5
    Homelink mirror with back-up camera (like stock 09-11's), Kenwood stereo with factory steering wheel controls, Weather Tech Mats, Factory Bed Mat, Leer Cap, 2011 Waffle grill & smoke headlights, DEPO LED tail lights, NEW FRAME!!
  9. Apr 10, 2013 at 9:25 PM
    Texoma

Texoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
  10. Apr 11, 2013 at 3:33 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Yeah, aware of helpers, just seeing what people might have just laying around, considering the different options. Appreciate the link, advice and even the the clownery from the usual suspects.

11. Apr 11, 2013 at 12:01 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    drrrrrrrr repper, too drrrrrrrr to sign your own shit? Yeah, I want another leaf without it lifting 1.5 or 2". FO

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  12. Apr 18, 2013 at 7:34 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Got the shocks and read reviews for the helpers in the link above for 45.00 and am going to give them a try. Looks like those will lift a little depending on how much you tighten down the u-bolts so I can go .85 on the 5100s with the 1/4" tp spacers and get 1.35" up front. Don't want to go 1.75 up front because then it'll lead to needing bigger tires than the 265/70/16s I have to look right. The wheel gap is 2 1/4 more out back right now so with the front at 1.35", it'll leave about an inch of rake out back and I can just tighten up the helpers to get maybe another 1/2 or inch depending on how it sits.

13. Apr 18, 2013 at 8:38 AM
    Texoma

Texoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    The helper springs won't give any lift at all. They go on the top of the springs,and to the rear. And only make a difference with a load.

14. Apr 18, 2013 at 8:57 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    According to the reviews I read, more than one person said they added an inch or more by tightening them up more but I really don't care as I'm mostly looking for load handling and wheel hop resistance back there. I can live with the 1 inch of rake higher in back after lifting the front so either way, it should be OK. Still giving them a shot.

To Top