1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB 400/500hz Toyota premium horn

Discussion in '1st Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (1995-2004)' started by Stout890, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Jan 5, 2012 at 1:41 AM
    Stout890

Stout890 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Rosamond ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    HID head lights, fagtech coil overs and an AAL, gay ass 2 inch body lift (soon to be removed) taneau cover, k&n intake, soon to have an axle swap with a E locker
    Looking to upgrade my stock horn on my 99. Wondering if anyone has a Toyota premium horn on a part out. Don't want to spend the money Toyota wants for brand new and there are no junk yards near me.

Don't like the sound of hella super tones,

Maybe you have another nice sounding horn?

Let me know thanks

2. Jan 5, 2012 at 11:34 AM
    Stout890

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Rosamond ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    HID head lights, fagtech coil overs and an AAL, gay ass 2 inch body lift (soon to be removed) taneau cover, k&n intake, soon to have an axle swap with a E locker
  3. Jan 6, 2012 at 11:39 AM
    Dhawk1313

Dhawk1313 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    99 SR5
    Clear Corners, Clear Turn Signals, Pioneer Headunit, Kenwood speakers up front, Alpines in back, Billy 5100's front + rear, Toytec AAL, Eibach/Toytec Coilovers, Toytec Diff drop, Smoked taillights
    Dude I feel you. The horn on our trucks is extremely dissapointing. I can't even honk anymore. I just throw them the finger and hope they see it :D

4. Jan 7, 2012 at 12:54 PM
    Stout890

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Rosamond ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    Yeah it's embarrassing to honk I don't honk at anyone either because of it. Have you heard the premium horn before? It's sounds awesome

5. Jan 7, 2012 at 5:43 PM
    LEGITacoma

LEGITacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma Prerunner
    Rockford Fosgate T0 in a Ported Box, Hifonics 1000.1, Pioneer AVIC Z-120BT Headunit w/ Rearview Camera
    Yeah I know exactly what you are talking about. i don't even beep anymore either because its sound like a little "meep...meep" horn off of a vw bug. I have never heard the premium horns though. I am interested though.

Edit: Here is a link to what they sound like I guess. http://toyota.jp/dop/recommend/premiumhorn/index.html

6. Jan 7, 2012 at 6:00 PM
    Stout890

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Rosamond ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    yep thats it! the left one is the premium sound and the right one is the stock sound.
    i think it modernizes the sound of the car. the original horn is shitty sounding i want to do this for my truck because out of all the money im putting into performance off road parts to make my truck a beast the "voice" of my truck sounds like a bumble bee lol

To Top