1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB: 5 Lug Non-stock Wheels/Tires Set

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by mossyoaks, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Apr 17, 2010 at 9:57 AM
    mossyoaks

mossyoaks [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Beaufort, SC
    Looking for just about anything besides the stock steelies. Prefer tires already mounted but would consider just wheels. I'm Coastal SC.

Please let me know what you have!

Thanks, Chip

2. Apr 21, 2010 at 11:41 AM
    mossyoaks

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Beaufort, SC
    Anyone got anything used?

May just go ahead and buy new....$$:(

3. Apr 21, 2010 at 11:54 AM
    CUtigerfan

CUtigerfan Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    04 Base
    Daystar 1.5" coil spacers, bedlined bumpers, clear corners, aftermarket stereo, 20% tint, half debadged
    Cragar makes some inexpensive rims. My soft 8's were like $45 apiece so you might as well buy new.

4. Apr 23, 2010 at 8:14 AM
    mossyoaks

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Beaufort, SC
    What tires are you running on the 15x7 soft 8s...made by Crager, correct? And on a stock suspension?

5. Apr 23, 2010 at 12:13 PM
    CUtigerfan

CUtigerfan Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    04 Base
    Daystar 1.5" coil spacers, bedlined bumpers, clear corners, aftermarket stereo, 20% tint, half debadged
    Yep Cragar Soft 8's in 15x7 w/ 4"BS. I ended up getting Goodyear Duratracs in 235/75 after hearing a few people on hear mention them. Center tread like an all-terrain for low road noise + big shoulder blocks that clean out in mud = the perfect tire for me:D. As far as suspension goes they're just Daystar 1.5" spacers. I don't know if you have a 1st or 2nd gen but i wouldn't recommend using the spacers if you have a 1st gen. They don't level the truck completely and they really limit how much travel you have. If I hit a speed bump going 20+ I bottom out. If I had it to do over again I would have run Fabtech or Doetsch Tech spindles. If you have a 2nd gen I know Readylift makes a 2.5" kit for them. I don't know anything about them but if you PM neslerrah I'm sure he will give you his opinion.

Oh yeah and one more thing. If you buy new rims when you buy tires go ahead and get 30x9.5's. You might even be able to run 31x10.5s on a 2nd gen but don't quote me on that (might be another question for neslerrah). The only reason I bought the 235s was because I had them on stock rims for a few months and was worried about frame rub.

To Top