1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB 95-7 column lower u-joint & shaft

Discussion in '1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace (1995-2004)' started by gaviota, May 5, 2013.

1. May 5, 2013 at 2:35 PM
    gaviota

gaviota [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Renzo
    Gaviota, Sunny South Coast
    1st post-don't Flame me, pleeze!
    I recently sold my '86 XC 4X4 that I drove for 20 years and replaced it with a '96 Reg Cab 2.7 2WD. It only has abt 100K miles & needs nothing! (EXCEPT)
    Power steering! The Orig Owner was a cheepster I guess and ordered it with Automatic and AC, BUT NO POW STEERING. So, I'm in the process of changing it over to P.S. What I'm missing is the shaft that goes between the rack and the u-joint above the brake pedal. Upper end is splined for the u-joint/lower end has the rubber(?) flexible 'rag joint' that attaches to rack & pinion.
    If you have a Collision Guide or parts diagram, its part # 45260-35050
    My research says :help:.
    I've been looking on EvilBay, but most Sellers wont take the time to look for this, and there's only 1 real wrecking yard within an hour's drive of me. If you have one, or know of one, it's the only thing holding me up from driving my truck. It will fit in a Flat Rate USPS box. PM or email to thesees1(at)gmail(dot)com. t h a n k s ! !

To Top