1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB: black ac control panel

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Lunercrab, May 24, 2011.

1. Lunercrab

Lunercrab [OP] AKA "06tacosport"

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Lehigh Valley area, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 timberland mica dcab sport
    As stated looking for 05+ black ac panel. Found one on eBay but if u guys have any let me know. Or if u can recommend a good junk yard. Thanks.
    [​IMG]

2. A7XT

A7XT Reppin UWYO

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    WYOMING
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Sport V6 Silver
    BRUTEFORCE FAB HYBRID BUMPER!, 1.5 AAL, 5100 at 2.5" in front, foglight and DRL mod, fully de-badged, diff-breather mod, aux backup lights, rear view switch on mod, full husky floor liners, yellow wire mod, black action packer toolbox, Rockford P3SD412 sub on a hifonics Zues, Pioneer 4200DVD, hitch recovery shackle, Toyota Ski racks over bed, 55W Bixenon 6000K, Rigid 4" LED bars on bumper, Black Ultra Thunder 17" rims
    Just a heads up, its really easy to pry your silver one off, take a couple screws out of the back and hit it with some black spray paint. I did that with mine when i bought the truck and it has gone 2 years without a scratch. Just another option :cool:

3. Hiatt1991

Hiatt1991 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hiatt
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma Prerunner SR5 TRD offroad
    4" Bodylift 12" Offroad shock spacers Turbo Encabulator
    User: Shiftin2Sixth has one he would be willing to trade for your stock one.

4. tanzak88

tanzak88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    BC, C-eh-N-eh-D-eh
    Spray it with Plasti Dip.... Cans are pretty cheap.. as opposed to buying a black one..

5. Average JOE

Average JOE Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    3'lift,Upgraded sound system,Dyanamat interior flowmaster,K&N,
    Do you just want the black part or the whole thing? I have one I used for practice when I changed mine to red insted of amber. It whole and complete however the little spaces where the light shines through is not even. The light shines through but verrrrry dark red. Like I said it was a practice one.

The black part is in good condition though. I don't know what you wanted to pay. If your interested I can get some pics for ya.

6. Lunercrab

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Lehigh Valley area, PA
    Vehicle:
    No I'm just looking for the black front part if I reuse my silver. I was thinking bout painting it with plastidip. I would trade my silver one but one of my clips broke on the back so it's not in mint condition. I got a black dash kit for my stereo so I want to continue the black center theme. It's that way on my corolla and I like the look.

7. fatsac

fatsac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Hollywood, FL
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC
    Leather, Tint, KN Filter, Truxxx 3/1 Lift, Weathertechs, Black PC steps, skidplate, Billet grill, fogs behind grille, Nearly every TSB you can think of, TRD quickshift, All-Pro bumper w/ Skid plates
    Plasti-dipped my stereo dash kit and this piece in 15 minutes. Like you, I wanted to buy or trade but it's all real simple to do. Looks great!!

8. Lunercrab

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Lehigh Valley area, PA
    Vehicle:
    thanks for the advice..i didn't realize the silver panel separated that easily from the knobs and such...i plastidipped it...hopefully it'll hold up...i used plastidip on my window switches, but i must of put too much on cause they stayed "sticky" feeling, either that or it was from being in the heat...but it looks great...thanks again....mods you can delete this thread since it's not longer needed :D

9. tahoe_babbs

tahoe_babbs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Sacramento CA (Folsom)
    Vehicle:
    08 trd taco
    HU monitor and rearview camera, removable headrest monitors, camburg ucas, dirtlogic 2.5 coilovers, spider trax front and back, ap bumper and sliders, hella 700ff lights, bed plug bypass, heated seats...
    Lunercrab - can you post up some pics so we can see how it turned out? Maybe this is a bumb request cause its just black now, but I thought it might be nice to see what the plasti dip looks like. I know I am interested it doing this as well. Thanks.

10. Lunercrab

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Lehigh Valley area, PA
    Vehicle:
    Yeah sure no problem. My stereo is coming tomorrow so I'll throw it in and snap a few pIcs. I plastidipped my emblems and lower valance today too and threw some spray on bed liner on my window switches :)

11. tahoe_babbs

tahoe_babbs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Sacramento CA (Folsom)
    Vehicle:
    08 trd taco
    HU monitor and rearview camera, removable headrest monitors, camburg ucas, dirtlogic 2.5 coilovers, spider trax front and back, ap bumper and sliders, hella 700ff lights, bed plug bypass, heated seats...
    nice. can't wait to see.

To Top