1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB: Broken mirror or just mirror mount

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by ppleasants, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Jul 14, 2010 at 8:57 AM
    ppleasants

ppleasants [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport Doublecab Longbed
    5100's set at 2.5", toytec AAL, DIY AUX port, broken mirror fix, temp/compass fix (twice), rattle-can gunmetal sport rims, debadged doors, fog-light anytime mod, DTRL mod, rear differential breather mod, drop in K&N air filter
    I woke up the other morning (coincidentally in the truck of subject) to find my driver side mirror broken off. I've tried to find a replacement but the color-matched parts from toyota are around $250. After some investigation, I realized that all I need is the piece that connects the actual mirror housing to the door(pictured). If anyone has this piece or a broken mirror that they don't need, please let me know. I'm willing to pay for shipping and can pay for the parts or trade if I have something you need (especially bed cleats, since I have a few extra). Thanks

IMG00167-20100714-1140.jpg

IMG00168-20100714-1140.jpg

2. Jul 14, 2010 at 9:02 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Junk yard?

3. Jul 14, 2010 at 9:44 AM
    ppleasants

ppleasants [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport Doublecab Longbed
    5100's set at 2.5", toytec AAL, DIY AUX port, broken mirror fix, temp/compass fix (twice), rattle-can gunmetal sport rims, debadged doors, fog-light anytime mod, DTRL mod, rear differential breather mod, drop in K&N air filter
    All the junkyards and salvage yards in the area only sell the whole mirror assembly(or that's all they have listed in inventory). I'm guessing that a small part like that isn't enough to even list in inventory and you're not allowed to walk the lot on most of them nowadays. The few that I've found that you can actually walk around and grab parts don't have any newer body tacomas... it sucks. I'm thinking about using some heavy duty adhesive and bondo to put it back together for a temporary fix

4. Jul 14, 2010 at 10:36 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Sorry... didn't know that. Good luck finding one.

5. May 28, 2011 at 11:22 PM
    Colorado Craig

Colorado Craig New Member

Member:
    I actually just today screwed two screws through the bottom into the top housing. I removed two of the mounting screws, drilled up into the upper mount and screwed in a couple of heavy #10 size(I think) 1 1/4 screws. Holds pretty well actually.......Now to find a new one, and I don't have to hurry. Mirror doesn't pivot anymore but the power mirror still pivots. So not a bad fix that you cant even see for a buck........:)

6. May 31, 2011 at 6:03 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Might try certifit or eBay for a cheap mirror, then just take the mounting from it.

To Top