1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB but cant find!!! Crystal Black Headlights 05+

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Heschke, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Oct 25, 2010 at 1:58 PM
    Heschke

Heschke [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arroyo Grande, CA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma PreRunner
    I have tried to order these headlights from every website and they are all out of stock with no estimated backorder date. Does anyone know where i might be able to get some or possibly have a pair for sale? Also if anyone knows reflectors in the picture look a lot darker than stock, is that just the picture or are they actually tinted a little? any help would be appreciated thanks.

--Im trying to find these because they have the smoked reflector im not looking for the ones with the chrome reflectors unless the picture is misleading and there are chrome?.

[​IMG]

2. Oct 25, 2010 at 2:01 PM
    shredtacoma

shredtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    SOCAL
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner Debadged with snugtop
    Camburg lift, ProComp rims, Nitto Terragrappler tires, snugtop, Flowmaster exhaust and Airraid intake
  3. Oct 25, 2010 at 2:06 PM
    socal trd

socal trd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    frank
    SOCAL SGV
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd off road lifted
    9.5'Headrest TV's ,09 led tail lights, 2011 sport grill, matching sport bumper , eyelids, Billsteins 5100's all around.de-badged,wicked flow,camburg uca's
    there on ebay all day long for about 150 or so shipped.

4. Oct 25, 2010 at 2:10 PM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.

ebay - $125 shipped for the pair. I know because I have them!

5. Oct 25, 2010 at 2:18 PM
    krumble

krumble Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 prerunner trd offroad
    debadged, tinted windows, magnaflow exhaust, afe CAI, 285x75 Nitto Terra Graplers, Engage LT front and rear
    I had a pair similar that I got from ebay. Just be careful when you get them because they might not be sealed properly and moisture will fog up the lens like it did mine. Also make sure the adjusters work before you install them.

6. Oct 25, 2010 at 2:22 PM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.

Never had a problem with mine. Just take some $3 clear sealant and coat the seam. I've been through several rain storms, multiple automatic car washes, etc.........and no problems (no fogin, or water in the lens). They are worth the $125 investment. Keep your original headlights.......just in case you change your mind.

7. Oct 25, 2010 at 2:34 PM
    Fire931

Fire931 Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    00 4Runner
    i've got the same set from ebay... except i found mine for like $85 for the pair.....

8. Oct 25, 2010 at 2:48 PM
    Heschke

Heschke [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arroyo Grande, CA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma PreRunner
    they used to have these exact ones on ebay but not anymore and all the other ones on ebay the reflectors are chrome. Im trying to find these because I like the darker reflector instead of the chrome that doesnt match anything.

9. Oct 25, 2010 at 3:43 PM
    Shiftin2Sixth

Shiftin2Sixth I'm crackin eggs of wisdom

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt (kûrt)
    Rialto, Ca
    Vehicle:
    07 4Runner Sport V8 BLK 4WD
  10. Oct 25, 2010 at 3:45 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Don't pay for this mess...do the BHLM yourself. It's easy and damn near free.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Oct 25, 2010 at 3:46 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Like everyone else I got mine off of ebay.

12. Oct 25, 2010 at 3:47 PM
    deadbolt

deadbolt do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab 6spd 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Black Headlights, HIDs, Tinted Fogs, Powdercoated Black Wheels, 5100s @ 2.5", Diff drop, AFE Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Black Emblems/Grille, LED Tail lights, 265/75/16s Good Year Duratracs
    if you do get a pair of ebay headlights, make sure to reseal them. ive gone through about 3 pairs and all leaked within the 2nd month. wasted so much money. I resealed the pair i have on my truck now and so far so good.

13. Oct 25, 2010 at 3:58 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

Yeah.

Again, do the BHLM. I paid $15 for a can of Krylon Fusion Black and some Windo-Weld. I did it myself over a weekend. And they don't leak.

Ebay headlights are shit. There, I said it. I feel better. I've seen WAY too many fogging/leaking/lens yellow/falling apart pairs to recommend them at all.

14. Oct 25, 2010 at 6:37 PM
    jnoley07

jnoley07 TRIBE 10

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Tipton County Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    I had a 07 Impulse Red 4X4 TRD Off Road
    This is what I had done to it: Front/Rear Bilistein 5100's; Fronts set at 0.85 w/ Eibach/Toytec Coilovers". Rear Leaf TSB, 20 % tint on front door windows, 5% tint sunstrip on windshield. Dick Cepek DC1's (polished), 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATM, TRD Exhaust. Illuminated 4x4 switch by rcbs204, BHLM, iPod connection to changer connect at head unit. NWTF Front fitted seat covers, Console gear shift area painted black, Theft deterrent tailgate mod, Front mudflaps removed.
    send your chromeies to me and I will do the BHLM for you. $50 and you pay shipping both ways. Will have it on its way back to you within 3 days after I get them.

To Top