1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB CAP for 2009 Tacoma Double Cab Long bed near NJ

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Outback, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Aug 31, 2009 at 6:54 PM
    Outback

Outback [OP] Active Member

Member:
    I am looking for a cap for a 2005-2009 double cab long bed. I live in NJ but will travel.

Please, I am already looking at Craigslist & Ebay. I just spent too mch time related to my other identical post explaining to a guy what a cap was, he had never heard of one! (he had over 400 posts lol) So I am trying again.

2. Aug 31, 2009 at 7:11 PM
    Menametony

Menametony Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Vehicle:
    09 Black 4x4 DC Offroad
    Flow Master 40 Series, TRD CAI, Kings 2.5 remote res front and back, All Pro Front bumper, All Pro Skid Plate, PIAA 4" 510 XT SMR, TC UCA's, 265/75/16 BFG KM2 on ATX Artillery, LightForce 240 Blitz HID's, WeatherTech Vents and FloorMats, Cobra 19 CB & PA, Maglite mod both driver and passenger, safari snorkel, TRD supercharger, warn 10k winch
    theres no need to make multiple threads man....and i gave you a free bump.. you should be happy.. but instead you insult me...

3. Aug 31, 2009 at 7:18 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    I always thought a cap was the flat thing that covered the bed. A "Topper" or "Camper top" is different than a "Cap".

4. Aug 31, 2009 at 7:28 PM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    In my experiences, camper tops don't come up for sale all that often on here and when they do, it's anybody's guess where they're located. For instance, they're a silver one on here for sale in Colorado at the moment.

If you really need one, your best bet is a truck accessory shop that carries them. They might have used ones or others at a discount.

5. Sep 1, 2009 at 3:24 AM
    Outback

Member:
    There are Truck Caps and there are Tonneaus (or tonneau covers). That is what they say in the Century and Leer catalogs in front of me and the ARE website also calls them the EITHER - CAPS or TONNEAUS. This is what I have heard them called for over 20 years. If you want to call them a camper shell, canopy or topper fine but that is not what the companies that sell them call them.
    In New Jersey, when people say CAMPER TOP (or shell) they mean the big camper cap setup on your truck bed that you can stand up in. It usally extends above the roof of the truck and many times a foot or two past the tailgate. Usually a "camper special" F250 (FORD) etc. is what carries these. The reason it is called a camper top is that you camp in it. That is what it is made for.
    I did not get into a lot of dialog with the other person before on the public thread, I used the private message feature because It did not sound like he had anything called a cap for sale weather it was a hat, distributor cap or whatever and I did not think a continued dialog on the thread was doing anything but taking up space so I did it by private message.
    That being said, I was looking for the thing you put on a truck bed and has windows.

6. Sep 1, 2009 at 3:31 AM
    Outback

Member:
    This is NOT what I was looking for. This is a camper.

camper cap.jpg

7. Sep 1, 2009 at 5:08 AM
    Burns

Burns Well-Known Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Truck is Sold
    There was a guy on here from Jersey who was selling a cap a while back, so keep looking man. I also call them caps and I am a Michigan transplant. :laugh:

8. Sep 4, 2009 at 10:30 PM
    Railwayrog

Railwayrog Well-Known Member

Member:
    Amityville,NY
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab SR5 2x4,4 banger
    DT ceramic headers K & N series 77 cai DTRL Bull Bars ventshades tinted windows cup holder lights beefed up rear suspension PlasmaGlow FireStorm tailgate bar Access roll-up cover class 3 trailer hitch Box Bar (securing dirt bikes) Ready Ramp (ramp/bed extender) led bed light Redline hood struts JVC HD radio Cobra cb radio extra bed D rings OEM fog lights Gentex Electrochromic rearview mirror(compass/temp.,map lights)
    Will this work?

[​IMG]

9. Oct 1, 2009 at 5:38 PM
    Outback

Member:
    Thanks,
    I am looking for the fiberglas version.

To Top