1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB: Color match paint Super white spray cans!

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by oneshot808, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Sep 9, 2010 at 5:53 PM
    oneshot808

oneshot808 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    06 White Access Cab V6 6spd Prerunner
    Wet Okoles/Weather tech all around, LED's +HIDS, Tinted Tails, Small kine 2"ish lift with 5100s + OME884 with rear AAL Fabtech, Alpine all around. lots of dents covered by OBEY stickers on back bumper
    Would anyone be willing to help me out? The ebay seller spraycansunlimited who sells to everyone on forums to match their paint doesn't ship to Hawaii :(. Anyone got 4 or less cans (just to have enough for BLHM but white same as pugga) i can buy off them? been wanting to touch up my fender, bumper and maybe build enough courage to do my own satoshi mod...

2. Sep 10, 2010 at 7:09 AM
    Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    i have half a can, but that wont help you too much

3. Sep 10, 2010 at 8:47 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    I used Krylon Fusion flat white for my BHLM. It's actually pretty damn close to the color of the truck! I'm waiting for paint to color match my grille surround from paintscratch.com. The first batch they sent me doesn't match, it was more of a cream color. I sent in the request for them to fix it and am waiting for their response. If I don't hear back quick, I'm actually going to paint the grille with the Krylon. I was surprised how close it matched and for $5/can at home depot, I'll repaint the thing ever couple of years if I have to.

Another option is a local paint shop. They should be able to scan the color of your truck and, depending on the shop, make up a couple cans of paint for you.

I hope this helps and good luck!

4. Sep 10, 2010 at 9:15 AM
    hendooman

hendooman The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    I had a body shop color match my grill. He told me that he goes to some Toyota sponsored web page that gives all the color mix properties. Mine grill is spot on exact color as the rest of the body. It is SW as well. Only paid 100 to have the grill surround painted.

5. Sep 10, 2010 at 9:20 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    Wow, not bad. I actually asked a body shop about painting the bezels and the grille surround. I was going to do 90% of the prep work (including removing the bezel from the headlight and handing him just the part to be painted, and they wanted $400. After I got done laughing I told him he was out of his mind. I'd pay a body shop $100 in a heartbeat, I've already almost spent that in color-matched paint.

6. Sep 10, 2010 at 3:12 PM
    oneshot808

oneshot808 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    06 White Access Cab V6 6spd Prerunner
    Wet Okoles/Weather tech all around, LED's +HIDS, Tinted Tails, Small kine 2"ish lift with 5100s + OME884 with rear AAL Fabtech, Alpine all around. lots of dents covered by OBEY stickers on back bumper
    thanks for the input guys! im gonna go to home depot after work and check out the krylon fusion line up.

To Top