1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB: Damaged Front Grill

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by BlueNorthToyo, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Mar 24, 2009 at 9:13 AM
    BlueNorthToyo

BlueNorthToyo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DBL Cab, TRD, SR5 & Tow Package, 3" Lift
    3" Revtek lift, Access Laredo Tonneau Cover (awaiting delivery), Debagged Tailgate, Pop and Lock Tail Gate Lock (awaiting delivery), Grom I-pod hardwire, Chrome Side Step Bars, Hood Deflector, Window Vents, 15" Stubby Antenna, GE NIghthawk Headlights, Fog Light Mod, Hose Clamp Tailgat
    Hey all....I was wondering if anyone has or knows where I could get a damaged front grill for an 05+. I want to do the Satoshi grill but I don't want any downtime on my truck and this mod will take a few days.

I am looking for a grill that has center damage but the surround and mouting is still ok. Idealy it would be Speedway Blue but any color would do as I have a connection to a paint shop.

PM me with info

2. Mar 24, 2009 at 11:39 AM
    Dockhead

Dockhead Formarly 08TRD4X4RadientRed

Member:
    Chico, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 ACC 4X4 TRD OR
    TRD Seat covers, K&N Series 77 intake, TRD plate frames, iPod interface
    I got a grill for $48 at the junkyard brand new. It's aftermarket but its kinda cool cause the surround part (the part you want swb) comes off so you don't have to mask it. I'll put up pics later

3. Mar 24, 2009 at 11:51 AM
    BlueNorthToyo

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3" Revtek lift, Access Laredo Tonneau Cover (awaiting delivery), Debagged Tailgate, Pop and Lock Tail Gate Lock (awaiting delivery), Grom I-pod hardwire, Chrome Side Step Bars, Hood Deflector, Window Vents, 15" Stubby Antenna, GE NIghthawk Headlights, Fog Light Mod, Hose Clamp Tailgat
    Yeah I'm gonna check the salvage places when I go to the city in a few weeks. There are a couple of dealers here in town but everything is way over priced here.

4. Mar 24, 2009 at 8:56 PM
    Dockhead

Member:
    Chico, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 ACC 4X4 TRD OR
  5. Mar 25, 2009 at 6:33 AM
    BlueNorthToyo

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Hey Red, thats a pretty sweet deal for $40. Any idea what the name of that grill is?

6. Mar 25, 2009 at 7:11 AM
    1BlkT

1BlkT Mod'n on a Budget

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Vehicle:
    2006 Black Sport Double Cab
    Allied 4'' Spindles, Sway A Way 2.5 Coilovers, Donahoe Remote Reservoir Shocks w/ Deaver 11Pack Leafs, Goodyear Duratrac 285's, Pro Comp Series 8128, Recessed Grill w/Hella 500's behind, Tint, Black TRD Skid Plate, Debadged, Tailgate Hose Clamp, Weathertech Mats, Aero Turbine 2525XL Exhaust, Volant Intake, RETRO'D Headlights by Yosh2000
    Hey Red have you snapped it on yet and tried taking it apart? Did it fit together pretty tight? I've got the same type but I haven't tried putting it together yet because I'm afraid I might not be able to get it apart, so I'm trying to make sure everything is perfect first. I don't know why but I decided to cut out the side vents too so the grill would match. Man are those a pain to do, but hopefully it turns nice. You got a nice deal too, I paid about double for that.

7. Mar 25, 2009 at 7:34 AM
    sbeau1960

sbeau1960 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Indianapolis
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport Pyrite Mica
    I'm going to have a chrome grill for sale as soon as my painted grill arrives early next week. Let me know if you're interested, could be sanded and painted.

8. Mar 25, 2009 at 8:30 AM
    Dockhead

Member:
    Chico, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 ACC 4X4 TRD OR
    not sure about the brand I'll have to look for my receipt. The grill came snapped together and was not too hard to get apart

9. Mar 25, 2009 at 11:34 AM
    BlueNorthToyo

Member:
    Vehicle:

Has anyone done this. I've heard mixed stories on if this should be done with the chrome ones.

10. Mar 25, 2009 at 11:48 AM
    1BlkT

1BlkT Mod'n on a Budget

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Vehicle:
    2006 Black Sport Double Cab
    Allied 4'' Spindles, Sway A Way 2.5 Coilovers, Donahoe Remote Reservoir Shocks w/ Deaver 11Pack Leafs, Goodyear Duratrac 285's, Pro Comp Series 8128, Recessed Grill w/Hella 500's behind, Tint, Black TRD Skid Plate, Debadged, Tailgate Hose Clamp, Weathertech Mats, Aero Turbine 2525XL Exhaust, Volant Intake, RETRO'D Headlights by Yosh2000

I've done it. I heard all the mixed reviews so figured I would give it a shot. I only got charged $50 for the paint job so I figured I wouldn't be out much. I've had the grill on the truck for about 5-7 months now and the paint matches perfectly. I did manage to get a tiny tiny chip from a rock on the freeway which would have chipped it regardless of where it hit the truck.

However, just last week I noticed that around the vents on the side of the grill they must not have prepped it as well because it flaked off in one of the corners/creases. It's about the size of this smiley face :) so I hit it with a little touch up paint.

If I were to do it over I would try to prep it as much as I could possible before taking it somewhere to get done, and don't always go for the cheapest paint job either.

Hope this helps

To Top