1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB factory 6 disc non JBL head unit

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by TRD6Speed, May 15, 2012.

1. May 15, 2012 at 2:48 PM
    TRD6Speed

TRD6Speed [OP] senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    885x with 5100s and top plate spacer for full 3", RCD extended 5100s in rear, dakars, flip kit, LR UCAs, tint, shorty antenna, in channel rain guards,BHLM, blacked out emblem, OEM side steps, weathertechs, debadged, rear diff breather
    like the title says......in good or mint condition and at a fair price. Thanks for any help.

2. May 15, 2012 at 5:11 PM
    Sideways

Sideways Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD dbl cab
    I have one, it's not in mint condition but is in very good condition.
    It came out of my 05 back in 2007 and has been sitting in a cabinet in my garage since.
    I will take $85.00 shipped

3. May 15, 2012 at 7:11 PM
    TRD6Speed

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    885x with 5100s and top plate spacer for full 3", RCD extended 5100s in rear, dakars, flip kit, LR UCAs, tint, shorty antenna, in channel rain guards,BHLM, blacked out emblem, OEM side steps, weathertechs, debadged, rear diff breather
    Ok thanks.......I have an 08 and I almost sure that it is the same. Do you know for sure? Or maybe someone else could chime in.

4. May 15, 2012 at 9:34 PM
    myth01

myth01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    south sf, ca.
    Vehicle:
    08 taco Trd sport
    eclipse nav.-w/ Bluetooth & iPod 3'' revtech add a leaf lift kit snug top ss truck cap dive tank racks in back Aux fuse box Aux back up lights, w/ interior fj cruiser stock switch Back up cam Turn signal cams Interior inverter -switched Aux audio/video inputs -RCA (including iPhone cable)w/ 4 input switch Mag light mount Tyredog stand alone tpms Spare tire extension hose Avid off road light bar(powder coated)
    Where are you located , I don't have a pay pal account . But I do have a brand new one out of my 08 never used, got the dealer installed eclipse. Let me know

5. May 16, 2012 at 3:54 AM
    Sideways

Sideways Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD dbl cab
    05-08 will definitely interchange.
    I am not positive it would work in in 09's or newer

6. May 16, 2012 at 12:24 PM
    Joben7726

Joben7726 wes mantooth ™

Member:
    First Name:
    Joben
    Western PA/Va Beach
    Vehicle:
    Trail limo
    more than list-able
    I have an 07 jbl I'd sell for 50. And I'll be in MD this weekend.

7. May 16, 2012 at 12:25 PM
    rondog

rondog your TW web developer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronnie
    Escondido/San Diego
    dude, really?! I posted mine about a month ago to get rid of and finally just threw it away last night...trash man took it away this morning..I woulda just gave it to you...I think all I asked for was the price of a 6-pack of stone

8. May 16, 2012 at 12:26 PM
    Joben7726

Joben7726 wes mantooth ™

Member:
    First Name:
    Joben
    Western PA/Va Beach
    Vehicle:
    Trail limo
    more than list-able
    Yeah, that always happens.

9. May 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM
    rondog

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronnie
    Escondido/San Diego
    well, my trashcan was very full. Full to the point where I couldn't close the lid so maybe they put one of those stupid notes on it saying it was too full and didn't take it. If so you can have it

10. May 16, 2012 at 12:31 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    NON JBL.......see thread title.

11. May 16, 2012 at 12:47 PM
    Joben7726

Joben7726 wes mantooth ™

Member:
    First Name:
    Joben
    Western PA/Va Beach
    Vehicle:
    Trail limo
    more than list-able
    Oh no, I saw it. But I will be very close to him tthis weekend, just thought I'd offer.

12. May 16, 2012 at 1:42 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    That's cool, just seemed like he was wanting plug n play. Who knows, he might take ya up on it.

13. May 16, 2012 at 7:12 PM
    Taco227

Taco227 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    3" Pro Comp suspension kit, 1.25" front wheel spacers, tinted clearance lights, 4 pioneer speakers, Sony head unit, Custom Sub enclosure with 10" MTX, dash kit, wicked flow exhaust, Firestone Airbags.
    I have the full set up out of my 2005. Looks brand new. Ready to ship.

14. May 16, 2012 at 7:20 PM
    TRD6Speed

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    I def appreciate it but I am in Connecticut............:)

Truth be told I tried to do the DIY aux hookup and my GF(who said she could solder) FUBAR'd that thing up. Now my left speakers dont play with CDs in it but the rest is fine......no AUX and now no left speakeres with CDs:eek:.........I dont want to get aftermarker and deal with all that so I was hoping to just plug n play........and hopefully learn how to solder on this old one.

Im gonna go ahead and grab one def so everyones offers and help is much appreciated. I will def contact someone when I figure out what the hell im gonna do.

TW rocks as always....im sure my issue will be resolved soon:cool:

15. May 16, 2012 at 9:40 PM
    rondog

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronnie
    Escondido/San Diego
    soldering is easy, just hold the heat gun on the solder til it melts then make solid connections between the two wires then pull the heat gun away and it dries in like 2 seconds...why the heck is your girl soldering? haha

16. May 17, 2012 at 8:50 AM
    TRD6Speed

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    Why not?.......she cooks, cleans, and does lots of other tasks better than me..........I can admit it. Those freaking terminals on that board are tiny too......and the wire i had was a little big i think. I see other people used smaller 22g wire with a single wire in it.

Also.....I only saw people using soldering irons for this job bro.....I would be too afraid of melting the circuit board with the heat gun......you would have to hold it so close to the terminal I would jsut be too afriad to melt it......if it was just two wires thenn ya.....blow hot air everywhere but the circuit board is super sensitive. From what ive seen online and here.....soldering two wires is a dif task than trying to connect tiny wires to a even smaller terminal.

I dont have a real steady hand for small shit......plus she used to fix jewelry so I thought I 'd let her have at it while I played BF3.........my mistake. All I had was a shitty gas powered solder gun too, one thay blows hot exhaust so it was a bitch to keep it pointed correctly and not melt the board or wires.......and trust me......I watched how the solder just flowed over and didnt stick to the terminal( its just rolled off and and hardened up). Go figure the first one sucked but the second was perfect.:rolleyes:

I watched a few vids online now and see where we went wrong tho. I have never soldered b4 in my life so I shouldnt be surprided something went wrong.:D

Now i got lots of terminals to practice b4 I actually attempt to do the aux again.

17. May 17, 2012 at 9:10 AM
    rondog

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronnie
    Escondido/San Diego
    sorry, I meant soldering iron haha. It's all good, I'm confident you can do it. What I usually do is just melt some solder on each part individually. So melt a littler on wire A and a little on wire B, let it dry and line the wires up (or whatever you need to solder) then use the iron on the 2 parts to melt the pre existing solder..I feel like blowing on it right after makes it dry quicker. I mean its almost instantaneous when it dries. If you mess up, melt the solder and pull the pieces apart and try again

18. May 17, 2012 at 10:36 AM
    TRD6Speed

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    Ya.......I guess the thing im worried about is overheating the terminal on the circuit board. Its so tiny. Im gonna pratice on the other terminals on the crappy board once I get a new one. I know I could solder two wires together no sweat. Just in this application( soldering a wire to a circuit board terminal the size of a ants dick, and more sensitive too prob lol) its a bit trickier. Im gonna try getting the wire hot and letting the solder flow over it rather than try to have the solder flow from the iron over the cold parts.

Someone in that thread im referring too mention "tinning the leads" on the wires. I got some practice to do before Im gonna dive in and fuck up another board. THanks for the tips:D

19. May 17, 2012 at 3:36 PM
    rondog

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronnie
    Escondido/San Diego
  20. May 17, 2012 at 3:41 PM
    tbone11212

tbone11212 Well-Known Member

Member:
    fayetteville NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    Black Spyder Headlights Black LED Spyder Tail Lights Spyder Smoke Fog Lights HID Headlights and Fog Lights Black LED IPCW Third Brake Light De-badged plasti-dip power window panels plasti-dip center console modded A/C controls JVC 7inch double Din touch screen HD radio Extreme bull-bar color-matched billet grille Billet lower grille color-matched rear bumper 5% tinted windows LED fog lights added HID bulbs added for fog lights Fog light Mod high beam/ low beam mod LED bedlights LED under hood lights aux fuse box Image Dynamics front and rear speakers Blue accent lighting
    like rondog posted got mine for sell in good condition no scratches chips or breaks. LMK

To Top