1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB: Factory Towing Pkg Wiring Harness

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by billyjoe, Mar 6, 2010.

1. billyjoe

billyjoe [OP] Taco Fever - I've got it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    13 4WD LTD DCLB
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau
    I am looking to purchase the wiring harness from a 2nd Gen. (05-10) Factory Towing Package from the 7-Pin socket all the way to the cab. If you don't need yours and you'd like some extra cash let me know...:)

2. topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX or College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner V6 Black
    Viper Alarm, In Pro Car Wear L.E.D. Tail Lights, Fog Lights, ScanGuageII, AvidOffroad Light Bar, Ammo Box Mod, Tailgate Theft Prevention Mod, Satoshi Grill, Hella 500ff behind the grill, blendmount, Cruise Control Mod, Fog Light Mod, 5100's @1.75, Toytec TSB AAL 1.5".
    Why don't you just go to autozone and grab a trailer wire kit and hook it up.
    I'm not even sure that you can take off the factory one.

3. neslerrah

neslerrah Who needs 4WD?

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG KM2 (33x10.5R15), American Racing Mojaves, Debadged, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Hella 500 behind recessed Satoshi Grille, Kenwood headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    You could order it from etrailer.com. It is a plug and play harness. You can purchase a 7-pin adapter for it.

4. billyjoe

billyjoe [OP] Taco Fever - I've got it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    13 4WD LTD DCLB
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau
    Good idea. I may end up doing that. :)

My preference though, would be to keep it OEM - connectors and all. I've seen past BST posts where the OP had indeed removed the entire harness and sold it along with a Class IV hitch. I currently have all the OEM components of the original Factory Towing package installed with this one last exception.

To Top