1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB Frame Plugs Anyone?

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by talisker, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Oct 29, 2013 at 8:34 AM
    talisker

talisker [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Off Road SR-5 W/1 Ton wood pellets
    Firestone Ride Rite airbags
    I've noticed that some newer (above 09 or so?) Tacoma's have plastic plug inserts in the rectangle frame holes in the front wheel wells just behind the front tires. This seems like a good idea to keep the inside of the boxed frame dry while living in a north climate with road salt spray. If anyone would have a set of these for sale I'd be interested. Also, if someone could just pop one out and check to see if a part number is printed on the back, that would be great too. The stealership doesn't have a clue and can't find them in parts.

Thanks!

2. Oct 29, 2013 at 1:23 PM
    talisker

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    I think the truck that I saw this on was an 06 access cab with a new frame. The plug measures about 5/8 X 1 1/4 inches.

3. Oct 29, 2013 at 2:41 PM
    PMK

PMK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD Sport
    White, debadged, Mudflaps removed, ICON 2.5 in front, 2.0 in rear, all 4 corners have reservoirs, Spidertrax wheel spacers all around, BAMF bolt on sliders, Avid lightbar, oem transmission cooler converted to power steering cooler, aftermarket transmission cooler eliminating all oem transmission cooler stuff, remote mounted spin on transmission fluid filter TrueTrac rear differential, rear diff housing vented and filtered into left side bed box, URD MAF calibrator, Volant intake scoop into oem airbox, second filter removed, airbox internals smoothed, blended and polished throttle body, NST intake manifold spacer, Wet Okolee set covers, WeatherTech Digital Fit mats, inexpensive JVC single DIN, Scangage, AVS Stepshield door sill protectors
    Actually, it is on the newest trucks.

I have some in hand for my truck. Yes it was a pain to sort out the PN's. I do have the bags. Cost for a bunch of them was $20

PK

4. Oct 29, 2013 at 8:30 PM
    PMK

PMK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD Sport
    White, debadged, Mudflaps removed, ICON 2.5 in front, 2.0 in rear, all 4 corners have reservoirs, Spidertrax wheel spacers all around, BAMF bolt on sliders, Avid lightbar, oem transmission cooler converted to power steering cooler, aftermarket transmission cooler eliminating all oem transmission cooler stuff, remote mounted spin on transmission fluid filter TrueTrac rear differential, rear diff housing vented and filtered into left side bed box, URD MAF calibrator, Volant intake scoop into oem airbox, second filter removed, airbox internals smoothed, blended and polished throttle body, NST intake manifold spacer, Wet Okolee set covers, WeatherTech Digital Fit mats, inexpensive JVC single DIN, Scangage, AVS Stepshield door sill protectors
    90950-01987. I bought 6. There is another size I did not look into since my rezzy mount covers that hole on each side. This part number is the common one.

BTW, plastic plugs or not, the frame is still open at each end and should be corrosion proofed as a ritual.

PK

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  5. Oct 30, 2013 at 9:18 AM
    talisker

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    Thanks guys, I'm going to order them now.

Yes, I've just used bar and chain oil to spray the entire underside. Other than the rear bed of course.

Luckily the truck has so far only seen one Vermont winter and is in good shape underneath.

6. Nov 21, 2013 at 6:11 AM
    85GT 79FJ40

85GT 79FJ40 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 Double Cab 4X4
    Bringing this one back to the top. I want to get some of these for my 05 and I have the dealer printout with the part numbers in front of me for the plugs. Did those fit into the rectangular holes in the front wheel wells? That part number shows as a 26.5mm width hole. I measured mine this morning and the holes are almost 40mm wide. I was thinking it was going to be part number 90950-01992 which shows a width of 38.5mm. Maybe my 05 has different holes than a 2010.

To Top