1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB Lightly used Upper Control Arms to fit 2008 4x4

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by grivera, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Dec 6, 2017 at 9:34 AM
    grivera

grivera [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hanover, MD
    Vehicle:
    '08 DC SR5 4x4, Desert Sand Mica
    Rear Suspension TSB, Bilstein 5100 on all 4 corners-fronts set at 1.75". BFG A/T's @ 265/75/16; Access LE Roll-up cover; Iron Cross Tube SS Steps; Fumoto valve; WeatherTech Liners; AFE Pro-Dry; front side windows tinted 20%; TW Decal!
    I will begin job today and let you know

FIRE74 and dziner like this.
  2. Dec 6, 2017 at 3:17 PM
    FIRE74

FIRE74 Well-Known Member

Member:
    St.Leonard, MD
    Vehicle:
    2012 Toyota Tacoma
    Done yet?

3. Dec 6, 2017 at 6:02 PM
    grivera

Member:
    Hanover, MD
    Vehicle:
    Rear Suspension TSB, Bilstein 5100 on all 4 corners-fronts set at 1.75". BFG A/T's @ 265/75/16; Access LE Roll-up cover; Iron Cross Tube SS Steps; Fumoto valve; WeatherTech Liners; AFE Pro-Dry; front side windows tinted 20%; TW Decal!
    Have everything removed from the driver's side which is the one that broke and gotta assemble it tomorrow. It took lots of manipulation to the inner fender to get that long bolt out and I will have to paint some of the scratches to avoid rusting. This is a poor design on Toyota's part with the placing of the bolt and fender. I only had about an hour to work on it today playing Mr. Mom driving my 16 yo daughter around.

I hope the passenger side goes a bit smoother...btw, once the ball joint stud is in the knuckle, will it spin while being tightened or will the friction from the taper keep it in place?

4. Dec 7, 2017 at 3:57 AM
    Inajam

Inajam Member

Member:
  5. Dec 7, 2017 at 3:07 PM
    Inajam

Inajam Member

Member:
    Curious how it's going. I started removing both uca and passenger side lca. Driver side wasn't too bad. The other side is a whole another story. I noticed the UCA bolt would not back out. In fact it has a spring to it. Had to melt some rubber that was adhered to the bolt. Still working on that one. I have a bold on the LCA that will not break. Time for heat. More concerned about backing the UCA bolt out as it looks like it will not clear the inner fender well even though I have bent the lip out of the way.

6. Dec 8, 2017 at 3:28 PM
    grivera

Member:
    Hanover, MD
    Vehicle:
    Just wrapped this up a couple of hours ago. On mine the driver's side fender was a PITA as no amount of bending to clear the bolt worked. I had touch up spray paint ready though for any areas that got scratched. The passenger side on the other hand was a breeze- I finished that side in about an hour. The large washers for both bolts were frozen to the bolt head so it took some work to get those done. All in all not a difficult job.

dziner likes this.
  7. Dec 8, 2017 at 6:19 PM
    Inajam

Inajam Member

Member:
    Glad it's going well for you. I had to cut the passenger side UCA bold. Washer would not release form the bolt head. Picking up a new bold tomorrow. Found out that large washer is like $20. Managed to save it so that's a positive. Most of my struggle has been the LCA. What a pain in the $ss. Still not done. Looks like I'll be cutting one of those bolts as well. Wish I had seen a post I read today earlier. It said to break the front side (bold head) first. Looks like I'll be picking up a caster/cam kit as well now.

My driver side went smoothly all things considered. Just didn't try to remove the LCA. I will try to break the bolts loose before I bring it in for the alignment. I
    d rather be prepared for a second caster/cam kit if I need one.

Products Discussed in

To Top