1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB low profile toolbox, tool chest, or ammo boxes (bed storage)

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace' started by hamNswiss on rye, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Nov 7, 2011 at 9:42 PM
    hamNswiss on rye

hamNswiss on rye [OP] ¡Yo Quiero Taco World!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Scottsdale, AZ/Portland, ME
    Vehicle:
    '07 4x4 Access Cab
    OME 885's and billies all around, allpro apex front bumper, Nfab tire carrier, black magic rallye 1000 driving lights, PIAA 510 fogs, bed lights, satoshi, 285/70/17 Duratracs
    im looking for a lockable box (or two, one for each side) for my 2nd gens bed. looking for something reasonably priced, broke college student here :eek:. anybody got anything/any suggestions? thanks!

2. Nov 27, 2011 at 6:26 AM
    rbishopp

rbishopp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Webster, NY
    Vehicle:
    2009 4WD Reg cab Taco. Keepin it simple.
    So far I've added an Advance folding bed cover and since removed it. FS to go a good home. GT perfect fit seat covers. Weathertech floor mats and window vent visors. Waag center brush/grill guard. Hose clamp tailgate mod. Turned off the seat belt chime. Added Ultra-Gauge. Trailer hitch. Softopper. Replaced sun visors with slide out style. Toyota bed extender. More mods to come; Fog lights, locking storage in bed, intermittent wipers. Now looking for Radio/HU upgrade. and maybe a lift way down the road.
    hey HamNswiss did you get any feedback by PM maybe.

I have a hard cover but it leaks and I just found a seal that is ripped. Just over two years old.
    Anyway in the past I've used fairly cheap totes that have a latch for a pad lock. These things were cheap. you could break the lock tab off if you wanted but basically it was to honest people honest.
    If you want real security it'll cost you a few hundred and even then if some douche bag really wants your gear he'll get it.

If found something cool post it back up. I'd like to check it out for when my cover finally shits the bed.

:cheers:

To Top