1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB Lower Control Arms (with good bushings)

Discussion in '1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace (1995-2004)' started by NAVY_TRIPP, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Mar 3, 2013 at 6:52 PM
    NAVY_TRIPP

NAVY_TRIPP [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '01 Tacoma DC
    6" Fabtech, Sway-A-Way 2.0's, 4.88's, Deck Plate, headers, 1'' shackles, AP extended lines, Warn M8000, ARE Tonneau
    Hello All,

I developed a pretty wicked shimmy and shake, especially turning right, around 65 MPH. Also a squeak that is there at low speeds, like parking lots, that drives me nuts! I'm 95% sure I need LCA's (bushings) considering last month I replaced Upper/Lower BJ's and Inner/Outer Tie Rods. And last summer I replaced the wheel bearings and R&P bushings. All to tighten up the front end. Now for the final pieces. I have been told pretty unanimously to simply replace the LCA's instead of just the bushings. Which pisses me off b/c I threw away my perfectly good old ones a year ago when installing an "all inclusive" Fabtech 6'' that had ALL parts installed in it (diff, axles LCA's, knuckles, brakes etc). Too bad I didn't notice them then.

So, if you have them available please let me know!!! I appreciate it!

2. Mar 3, 2013 at 6:56 PM
    hard2kill

hard2kill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    06 4door trd sport white 6spd
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
    in searched for used ones almost impossibe to find and a bitch to rebuild...pm camelback toyota there in the vendors section and great to deal with and super cheap for oem stuff

3. Mar 3, 2013 at 6:59 PM
    Greensystemsgo

Greensystemsgo Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Avondale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    1999 TRD/SR5 4x4
    5100/5125's All pro expedition leafs Eibach coils Light racing uca's 2004 gauge cluster All stainless brake lines 1" diff drop kenwood with polks rebuild seat support webbing satoshi grill optima red top
    i doubt its your lcas. get it aligned and check it out. id put money its your steering rack bushings. I did mine today. they were horrid at 210k miles. ppl on ttora were replacing them as early as 30k miles into a tacos life with polyurethanes from Engery Suspension.

check it out, have someone jiggle the wheel while your looking at the steering rack, it shouldnt move, at all. my arms are long enough i can jiggle the wheel and look at the same time. theyre like 20 bucks from wheelers

4. Mar 3, 2013 at 7:04 PM
    NAVY_TRIPP

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '01 Tacoma DC
    6" Fabtech, Sway-A-Way 2.0's, 4.88's, Deck Plate, headers, 1'' shackles, AP extended lines, Warn M8000, ARE Tonneau
    I did the Energy Suspension polyurethanes last summer. AWESOME improvement in steering. Did an alignment then along with wheel bearing install. Also this weekend I disassembled the steering column and JB Welded the steering shaft. Also, AWESOME improvement. ZERO play in the wheel. The last thing would be the LCA's.

5. Mar 3, 2013 at 7:05 PM
    NAVY_TRIPP

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '01 Tacoma DC
    I will. Thank you for the information!!

To Top