1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB: Need fuel door with lock or lock and key for a 1997 tacoma/also need oem F-coils

Discussion in '1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace (1995-2004)' started by icemantaco, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Mar 27, 2012 at 3:00 PM
    icemantaco

icemantaco [OP] LED BARS/HIDs/TRAIN HORN KITS WHOLESALE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac "Ice-Man"
    HOUSTON,Texas
    Vehicle:
    97' Taco in progress
    Kicker door speakers Blue LEDs behind instrument panel Blue LEDs in a/c vent White LEDs in grill 30k hids Pioneer single-din radio Aftermarket tail lights White LED reverse lights White LED dome light Multi-color LED underbody kit w/remote Rear view camera kit But still in progress :(
    hey guys guy before me cut the coils to drop truck and i got stuck at gas station with my fue door not opening so i had to break lock

does anyone have a fuel door lock with key or if not the whole door with lock
    &
    does anyone have oem front coils. i want to lift my taco now

truck: 1997 toyota tacoma 2.4L 2wd 5-speed transmission

thanks guys. pm me with price if you can help out!

if anyone has a cheap lift kit for this truck also that they would like to sell please let me know.looking for 3" possibly.
    or if live near houston and have aftermarket stuff for this truck pls lmk.

im in sugarland,texas 77479 which is near Houston,Texas77045

2. Mar 28, 2012 at 3:18 AM
    radcat692000

radcat692000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Clayton N.C.
    Vehicle:
    95 tacoma 4x4 sr5
    none
    i'm in the same situation as you,, my fuel door lock is broken and everytime you turn sharp the fuel door swings open,,, need help with either a fix or a key lock set also..

3. Mar 28, 2012 at 2:49 PM
    FailRated

FailRated RTO

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    03 Double Cab TRD
    5100's w/ Eibachs, Front sway bar in trash mod, Diff drop, 265/75-16 Duratracs or 33x10.50 KM2's on 15x8 wheelers steels, ARB front bumper, Warn VR8000 winch, Trailgear sliders, Allpro rear bumper, Sky Offroad E-Locker guard, Sky Offroad weld on differential guard, Savage skid plates w/ Budbuilt cross member, e-locker rear, ARB air locker front, 4.56 gears, bought it from my mom who bought it new :-D
    I have the stock coils off my V6 Double cab. The spring rate might be too much for your truck though.

4. Mar 29, 2012 at 7:59 AM
    icemantaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac "Ice-Man"
    HOUSTON,Texas
    Vehicle:
    97' Taco in progress
    Kicker door speakers Blue LEDs behind instrument panel Blue LEDs in a/c vent White LEDs in grill 30k hids Pioneer single-din radio Aftermarket tail lights White LED reverse lights White LED dome light Multi-color LED underbody kit w/remote Rear view camera kit But still in progress :(
    yes bro it sux lol....if i find out where its sold cheap ill update you. have a good one!

5. Mar 29, 2012 at 8:17 AM
    icemantaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac "Ice-Man"
    HOUSTON,Texas
    Vehicle:
    97' Taco in progress
    i dont know too much about lifting a truck but if i lift my 97 2-3" do you would i need bigger coils or oem are fine? if oem is fine do you know if they will fit a 2wd 97 taco?

thanks for your help and input.

6. Mar 29, 2012 at 2:53 PM
    FailRated

FailRated RTO

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    03 Double Cab TRD
    5100's w/ Eibachs, Front sway bar in trash mod, Diff drop, 265/75-16 Duratracs or 33x10.50 KM2's on 15x8 wheelers steels, ARB front bumper, Warn VR8000 winch, Trailgear sliders, Allpro rear bumper, Sky Offroad E-Locker guard, Sky Offroad weld on differential guard, Savage skid plates w/ Budbuilt cross member, e-locker rear, ARB air locker front, 4.56 gears, bought it from my mom who bought it new :-D
    You can use oem coils with a coil spacer to get anywhere from 1-3" of lift. Or you can buy aftermarket coils and not use a spacer. My coils will fit on your truck but I'm sure the spring rate is higher because mine are for a heavier V6 Double cab, not a 4cyl standard cab.

7. Mar 29, 2012 at 2:56 PM
    jesus

jesus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jesus
    bakersfield
    Vehicle:
    K&N ram intake & doug exs.
    I have an 02 ext cab with bumper and winch would you coils be better than the one that came with mine or are they the same????

8. Mar 29, 2012 at 3:20 PM
    FailRated

FailRated RTO

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    03 Double Cab TRD
    I'm not sure if our trucks would have different springs or not.:confused:

9. May 25, 2012 at 7:30 AM
    barcodeguy

barcodeguy Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD 4x4
    I have a gas door lock and key that I pulled off my 1998 Tacoma before Toyota crushed it for frame rust. I have the clip that holds it in place as well. When I bought the truck it did not have a lock for it so I paid Toyota about $65 for it a while back. Who wants to buy it?

10. Aug 2, 2012 at 3:18 AM
    icemantaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac "Ice-Man"
    HOUSTON,Texas
    Vehicle:
    97' Taco in progress

How much shipped to Houston,Texas 77083?

11. Aug 2, 2012 at 6:17 AM
    barcodeguy

barcodeguy Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD 4x4
    Total cost including shipping $35. $25 for lock and key and $10 shipping. Do you have a Paypal account?

12. Aug 2, 2012 at 6:19 PM
    icemantaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac "Ice-Man"
    HOUSTON,Texas
    Vehicle:
    97' Taco in progress
    Yes i do! Do you have any pictures?

13. Aug 2, 2012 at 6:29 PM
    n0ms

n0ms Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angel
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    1st gen i4 single cab 4x4
    Celica seats, Icon in rear and front with icon ucas, omd leaf springs, deckplate mod, lce header, Tundra brake swap.
    Guys I'm in the same boat as you (broken gas door latch). I suggest not buying a other lock/latch because you will need to have a different key for the gas lock.Plus that cheap plastic latch will end up braking again.
    A memeber I met at the last TW meet told me a website that sells something to fix it. I forgot the website and the name of the person that told me.
    Was thinking of using magnets.

14. Aug 5, 2012 at 9:40 AM
    Streetsurfz727

Streetsurfz727 Well-Known Member

Member:
    My truck had the same problem when I bought it, went to Ace Hardware and bought a magnet and some superglue. Dose not lock and had to file the plastic around the cap just alittle bit but closes flush and works awesome cost me $5.

[​IMG]

15. Aug 13, 2012 at 6:35 PM
    icemantaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac "Ice-Man"
    HOUSTON,Texas
    Vehicle:
    97' Taco in progress
    Sounds good i might just go ahead and do the magnets. I wanted to BUY the lock cylinder and key from "BarCodeGuy" aka Dave but he went MIA......LOL

16. Sep 3, 2012 at 11:04 AM
    icemantaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac "Ice-Man"
    HOUSTON,Texas
    Vehicle:
    97' Taco in progress

THANKS DAVE! I got the lock and key! Great deal you gave me! Brand new OEM and works awesome! So much better than my swinging fuel door at every turn ;)

To Top