1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB: OEM Roof Rack Pads

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by taco4x4, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Sep 12, 2012 at 7:35 AM
    taco4x4

taco4x4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma 4 door trd off road
    3 inch Tuff Country Suspension lift, Removed the Mudflaps, Tinted windows, Nitto Trail Grapplers with 18x9 XD Monsters debadged and aftermarket grill. Fog light anytime mod. Hids in fogs and headlights and all led lights. Flowmaster 40 series. Bed pocket lights mod.. TRD Seat covers, Aries Bull Bar Plasti-Dipped Black with 2 Hella 700 converted HID.
    I have searched high and low and cant seem to find what im looking for. I want a set of roof rack pads for my OEM roof rack. I perfer red pads but would prolly settle for black. I have found a lot of pads but not the ones that will fit the aero cross bars. If anyone has a set or knows where I can get a set please let me know. Thanks..

2. Sep 13, 2012 at 6:40 AM
    taco4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    3 inch Tuff Country Suspension lift, Removed the Mudflaps, Tinted windows, Nitto Trail Grapplers with 18x9 XD Monsters debadged and aftermarket grill. Fog light anytime mod. Hids in fogs and headlights and all led lights. Flowmaster 40 series. Bed pocket lights mod.. TRD Seat covers, Aries Bull Bar Plasti-Dipped Black with 2 Hella 700 converted HID.
    Come on people. Someone has to know something about these things.

3. Sep 13, 2012 at 6:59 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    Trail Limo
    Icon stuff, Skyjacker rear leafs, FJ TRD SE wheels, 285/75/16 Trail grapplers, Rigid SR. 20", Yakima Rack, Bestop Canopy, TRD Exhaust, TRD CAI, Kenwood DNX5120 Navi, Fog Light Mod, Driving Light Mod, BHLM, Scanguage II on Blendmount, TC uca's, ARB Heavy Duty air compressor, ARB Rear Locker, Shrockworks Rock Sliders, ARB Front Bumper, Relentless Fab Rear Bumper w/ custom bed protection, WARN M8000
    What do you mean "pads" and "red"? All factory roof rack parts are black for starters. If you are looking for the plastic part that the rack sits on that meets the roof and has the gutter strip built into it, have you called your local Toyota parts dept.? I doubt you will find such a specific part floating around out there separate from the whole rack.

Edit:
    Surfboard pads?

4. Sep 13, 2012 at 7:39 AM
    taco4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    I'm talking bout the foam pad that wraps around the cross bars for stuff that your carrying to sit on. It is usually made of some type of foam and has a colored cover over it. I have found plenty of black pads but I really want red and would love to have them with Toyota on them if possible.

5. Sep 13, 2012 at 7:39 AM
    taco4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Yes basically surf board pads..

6. Sep 13, 2012 at 7:41 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    Trail Limo
    Icon stuff, Skyjacker rear leafs, FJ TRD SE wheels, 285/75/16 Trail grapplers, Rigid SR. 20", Yakima Rack, Bestop Canopy, TRD Exhaust, TRD CAI, Kenwood DNX5120 Navi, Fog Light Mod, Driving Light Mod, BHLM, Scanguage II on Blendmount, TC uca's, ARB Heavy Duty air compressor, ARB Rear Locker, Shrockworks Rock Sliders, ARB Front Bumper, Relentless Fab Rear Bumper w/ custom bed protection, WARN M8000
    ahh i see. Cant say I have ever seen them in red or with Toyota on them.

7. Sep 13, 2012 at 7:43 AM
    taco4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Yeah that's what I'm afraid of. Oh well I tried..

8. Sep 13, 2012 at 8:46 AM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    Look for red roll-bar pads. They come in various sizes to fit different diameter bars. Get one designed for mid-size diameter bars and stretch that over your rack's crossbar. May take some experimenting to find the right size.

You'll have to stencil and spray-paint the word "Toyota" on yourself. This is often what the pros do to feature their sponsors.

9. Sep 13, 2012 at 8:55 AM
    RevAdam

RevAdam Impressive Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Upstate SC
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD OR 4x4
    Icom 5100 2M70CM, Baja Rack, Kenwood 6980, ARB Bull Bar, Lightforce HID lights, Warn winch, LED lights, 5100s, Switchbacks.
  10. Sep 13, 2012 at 10:00 AM
    taco4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Thanks guys!!!

To Top