1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB: On board Air system/compressor

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by anethema, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Jan 25, 2012 at 11:52 PM
    anethema

anethema [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
    ARB Bumper,OEM Roof rack modded for access cab, Allpro Rock Sliders,Icon Adjustable coilovers,More Tie Downs in bed, Firestone Airbags in rear,Block heater
    Decided, fug it, going for an OBA system to nearly complete my build. I want to be able to drop my pressures without the worry of having a hour or two wait to fill them up (so I never do).

I'd personally like a VIAIR 10007.

http://www.viaircorp.com/OffRoad/10007.html

I'm looking for something constant duty for other uses etc should I go that way as well. The VIAIR would really be perfect.

Anyone got one they decided they don't want, or sold their truck and have, etc etc?

Not interested in MV50 or the small ARB compressor. The ARB constant duty is nice, but huge and expensive, and MV is slower, not constant duty, and I'm looking for a bit higher quality.

I found the 10007 semi-locally for $440 ish new, so hoping to find a deal here.

I might be asking a bit much but you will never know if you don't ask.

Thanks TW!

2. Jan 26, 2012 at 12:05 AM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    7 minute fill rate from 0-30psi for a 35" tire? Seems slow. My tsunami one does my 33's from 10-40psi in about 3-4 minutes or something like that. Plus, if you can run one like mine continuously(minus shutting off to switch tires) why would you want to spend all that extra money? Just curious.

3. Jan 26, 2012 at 7:24 AM
    anethema

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
    ARB Bumper,OEM Roof rack modded for access cab, Allpro Rock Sliders,Icon Adjustable coilovers,More Tie Downs in bed, Firestone Airbags in rear,Block heater
    Yeah its not a super fast compressor just a very tough one. And once the tank is in there it helps a lot as the tank can basically do a couple tires on its own. So in reality it fills a lot faster than that once installed.

Due to being constant duty you can also run air tools etc.

4. Jan 26, 2012 at 8:02 AM
    HuntnTruk

HuntnTruk Tacohead

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    New York-not the City
    Vehicle:
    Indigo SR5 4x4
    Go CO2 or N2. Much cheaper and faster fill times. Easier to mount also.

5. Jan 26, 2012 at 8:06 AM
    anethema

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
    Ya not really practical for running air tools etc. Plus sure would suck to run out at the wrong time!

6. Jan 26, 2012 at 9:52 AM
    blt2tuk

blt2tuk Well-Known Member

Member:
    Franklin, North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Tacoma
    Why not make an engine driven out of a York ac compressor? Way cheaper. You will need to make a bracket to mount it on the engine but there is no comparison to an electric comp. it will fill a 5 gal tank to 200 psi in less than a minute

7. Jan 26, 2012 at 11:52 AM
    anethema

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
    I don't really feel like modding it and it would be nice to have it avail even if engine not running.

Hence running the air tools to fix it :)

8. Jan 26, 2012 at 1:44 PM
    hamsterhater

hamsterhater Well-Known Member

Member:
    long island
    Vehicle:
    11' dc mag grey taco
    level kit- exhaust -cai n-fab light bar-4 piaa 6"new hood w/scoop
    [​IMG] 2 gallon tank in tool box:D

9. Jan 26, 2012 at 1:54 PM
    NwiTACO

NwiTACO Big tars, little/no bed.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport
    Custom Everything, 1 Ton Axles F & R
    Dual MV-50's with a 5 gallon tank. Everything including pressure switch, compressors, tank, and plumbing for under $200. I will challenge and spank any Viair Setup, garunteed.

[​IMG]

10. Jan 26, 2012 at 1:59 PM
    hamsterhater

hamsterhater Well-Known Member

Member:
    long island
    Vehicle:
    11' dc mag grey taco
    level kit- exhaust -cai n-fab light bar-4 piaa 6"new hood w/scoop
    dude that things mint.. mine is for air horns and to plug a tire and fill in emergency.

11. Jan 26, 2012 at 2:02 PM
    NwiTACO

NwiTACO Big tars, little/no bed.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport
    Custom Everything, 1 Ton Axles F & R
    Mines got a regulated manifold which the lockers run off, and a non-regulated side which sits at 120 psi for whatever I feel like I need it for :D

Takes exactly 2 minutes to refill the system from 100 (on) to 120 (off).

12. Jan 26, 2012 at 4:08 PM
    anethema

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
    Nice. SO anyone have these fancy pants systems for sale or what!? :D

13. Jan 26, 2012 at 8:41 PM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    Here you go, this is my setup! :D Cost me a whole $50 at Home Depot, I then upgraded the hose to a 25 ft $5.99 Harbor Frieght Special.

But seriously, I have been wanting an onboard air setup and also have the MV-50 but trying to source all of the small parts....like a 2.5 gallon tank and all the switches and gauges and stuff started to get expensive. I walked into Home Depot last week and found this on sale from $79 to $49 and it comes with a ton of accessories like the air gauge you see in the pic. My plan was to take it apart and use the tank and all the pieces and maybe even the air compressor but I have a outlet on my truck and it fits perfectly in my Rubbermaid/Tool box.

Total Cost - $60

Husky On Board Air.jpg

14. Jan 26, 2012 at 8:53 PM
    anethema

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
  15. Jan 26, 2012 at 11:32 PM
    anethema

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
    Well just pulled the trigger on two of those. Now to find a place to put them!

16. Jan 27, 2012 at 10:12 AM
    blt2tuk

blt2tuk Well-Known Member

Member:
    Franklin, North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Tacoma
    Back to the York. If you didnt want to have it engine driven you could always go to the parts store and buy one of those cheap hundred dollar winches and take it all apart an use the motor to attach to the York to drive it. Then u have a 12 volt York. And it will probably out do any 12v comp on the market. Just saying for anyone else that may be interested

17. Jan 27, 2012 at 3:22 PM
    anethema

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
    Ya just heard back, all compressors on back order. Doh!

18. Jan 28, 2012 at 9:49 AM
    ROCKSLINGER

ROCKSLINGER Zombie Response Team

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Reno Nv
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM DBL CAB 6 SPEED
    Fox Coilover with reservoir, Fox Remote Rear reservoir, Wheeler's 3 pack AAL, Grillcraft Grille color matched, Rampage 50" LED Light Bar, Relentless 1/4" IFS-Mid and Transfer case Skids, Relentless High Clearance Rear Bumper, Kenwood 1800 watt Amp, 12" Rockford Fosgate P3 Shallow Sub, 1 Farad Capacitor, Redline Hood Struts, Weathertech Floor Mats, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Flowmaster Delta 40, URD MAF Calibrator, URD Short Shifter, CST Black Leather W/Red Stich, On Board Air, Train Horns,
  19. Jan 28, 2012 at 12:02 PM
    anethema

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
    Ya my only problem is I'm moving 14 hours north in a couple weeks and I'd have liked to get the stuff before that and get it installed, but not a bit deal. I'm going to just wait until I get there and get settled in then order it.

Good price though and they ship to Canada for free it seems.

20. Feb 5, 2012 at 4:11 AM
    TonkaToyTaco

TonkaToyTaco Hope you can run faster than 965 FPS

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Street, MD
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    Bilstein 5100 all around with front set at .85 w/Eibach coil and 1/2 spacer, Rear 2" Deaver AAL, SCS Steath 6 matte black rims wrapped in 265/70/17 Duratracs, Blacked out emblems, Debaged tailgate, Tinted windows (5% in rear, 20% up front and 50% on windsheild), HID 35W 6000K headlights and 35W 4300K fog lights, Smoked Tail lights and 3rd brake light, T-Rex 2 eyelids colormatched, Foglight anytime MOD, All LED interior and exterior ligths, Volant CAI With forced Ram, JET throttle body spacer, Doug Thorley LT Headers, Aero Turbine SS Muffler, Aero Turbine SS 4inch tip dumped after axel, URD MAF Calibrator, LED bed lights, 4X4 light mod, Satoshi Grill with matching scoop and lower Valance, Hella 700FF HID 55W 6000K behind Satoshi, Diff breather mod, Sea Blu secondary fuse box with 100A breaker, Omega Train Horns with dual Air Compressors and 5 Gal tank, Ultraguage, Andre Devil Horns
    About to look into one of these

To Top