1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB:Overhead console with instrument panel

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by pepper, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Apr 5, 2010 at 4:42 PM
    pepper

pepper [OP] Member

Member:
    Looking for a overhead console with the instrument panel. Needs to be the tan color. My truck is a '10 model so it would need to fit that. Thank you for your time.

2. Apr 5, 2010 at 4:53 PM
    uood8

uood8 If You Search...You Shall Find.

Member:
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '14 4x4 OFFROAD DC
    AFE Intake, URD MAF Calibrator
    good luck with that, you can only use one from a 09-10. The people that have them don't want to get rid of them, and on ebay from LKQ they usually go for 300 and up.

3. Apr 6, 2010 at 7:44 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    The other problem is that the console with computer only came on the TRD models, and those models did not have the tan interior option for 09+. That is my understanding anyway.

If true, you're only color matched option is to add the comp into your exisiting tan overhead console. Haven't heard anyone who's done this yet though, I've thought about it, but haven't found a reasonably priced donor.

Another thought is get a grey console, then paint it (black, tan, neon pink.....).

If you find another method, I'd be interested.

4. Sep 12, 2010 at 1:24 PM
    joehotwrench

joehotwrench Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    California
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner SR5 Dbl Cab 2wd
    Your correct! I have a 2010 with tan interior and been researching this for some time now and they only came in gray. there is one on ebay for $139.00 right now. :cool:

5. Sep 13, 2010 at 4:59 PM
    TerryS

TerryS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Cape Cod, Mass.
    Vehicle:
    '10 SR5 AC 4x4
    WeatherTech floor liners and wind deflectors; shorty antenna; OEM tow hitch & wiring; bed mat; accessory meter console w/temp & compass; 4WD switch lighting mod; Viper 5301 Remote Start; TRD front tow hook and aluminum skid plate; color matched door handles & grille; FJ fog light switch with on/off indicator light; fog light anytime mod; N-Fab steps; Extang tonneau; Blu-Logic bluetooth, and; TRD OR alloy wheels.
    I've been searching for one too, but in gray. Couldn't find the one you mentioned on eBay though. Can they be purchased from the dealer, or is it a part they won't order?

6. Sep 14, 2010 at 6:37 AM
    joehotwrench

joehotwrench Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    California
    Vehicle:
    Yes they can be purchased from the dealer for upwards of $900.00 for the complete unit. or the temp/ compass module for $278.00 @ the dealer. The ebay unit has sence been sold. sorry.

7. Sep 14, 2010 at 11:58 AM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    Not true. to find out if you have the ability to run the console using stock wiring check to see if you have the wire/plug for the temp sensor in front of the grill. (click my How To link below for pictures) However it did only come in gray.. so if you have tan interior you'll have a gray console. No one ever notices mine however.

8. Sep 15, 2010 at 6:51 AM
    joehotwrench

joehotwrench Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    California
    Vehicle:
    Yep your right the console for this option only comes in gray. The module will fit in the sunglass style console but without the unit being completly consealed for a real stock/clean look. I did however find a small gauge from Dokota industries that has a compass & temp together for $298.00. this companys products are very high quality as I've used them on my Harleys. The gauge is "2 1/16 dia and looks real clean, going to install it just below the air duct on center console, I'm going that route. Not giving toyota $900+ for a gray unit.

9. Sep 15, 2010 at 2:56 PM
    t_e

t_e Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    miami,fl
    dakota digital makes a rear view mirror with compass/temp gauge built in for like $225. cheaper and easier than mounting a gauge in the dash.

10. Sep 15, 2010 at 4:48 PM
    uood8

uood8 If You Search...You Shall Find.

Member:
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '14 4x4 OFFROAD DC
    AFE Intake, URD MAF Calibrator
    Not an option for us with the rear view camera.

11. Sep 16, 2010 at 6:42 AM
    joehotwrench

joehotwrench Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    California
    Vehicle:
    Yeah I saw that but I dont want to loose my back-up camera thats why I'm going the other route. Now if someone out there makes a mirror with the camera, Temp, & compass, that would be the deal.

To Top