1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB Retainer clips/ D-Rings

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by gonzo6up, May 6, 2009.

1. May 6, 2009 at 8:08 AM
    gonzo6up

gonzo6up [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Middle Tn
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma SR5 4x4 sport
    tint/ vent visors/ seatbelt chime mod/ DTRL Mod
    I am looking to pick up some extra retaining clips that hold the mudflaps on. I have the screws but some of the clips have broken off. I have since removed the front flaps but i want to put them back on. I also am looking for any extra d-rings for sale.
    thanks
    gonzo

2. May 6, 2009 at 11:02 AM
    Outlaw

Outlaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD SPORT Acc.Cab Mag Grey 4x4 Auto
    Weathertech floor liners, stone and bug deflector, Putco Element In Channel Window Visors, Viper remote starter, Harley lighted hitch cover, Harley front mudflaps, Metal Miller Harley Grill Emblem, Grillcraft grill, SockMonkey design Bedside Decals and 3rd Brake light TRD decal, K&N Air Filter, Goodyear Duratrac 265/70/17 C load, Valor Exhaust tip, De-badged tailgate, Advantage Tonneau Cover, Smoked license plate cover, NFab step bars. Custom Ipod holder. Stock Suspension :(
    You can buy the OEM clips from Toyota. i found that the clips sold at the auto stores do not hold well, wrong sizes, etc. I used Nylon nuts and bolts, (license plate mounting hardware) that you can buy very cheaply.
    D rings from toyota too, or there are a few threads regarding extra d rings with links to where to buy from off the internet.http://www.trailer-parts-forless.com.../10090016.html
    http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/...r-500-3752.cfm

3. May 6, 2009 at 11:26 AM
    WNYTACOMA

WNYTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarence, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 Metalic Grey TRD OFF ROAD
    Toyota Nerf steps Bugflector 2 Tool box Weathertech floor liners Wet Okole F/R - Bk/Char
    Go OEM. They are inexpensive.

I broke 3 within the first 3 weeks i had my 09' due to backing into snow covered driveways for my work. I went in to the dealer and made them give me bag of them.

Mine were 'free', but i do remember hearing the price at the time and it was in proportion to what you might think crappy little plastic clips would be.

4. May 6, 2009 at 2:49 PM
    gonzo6up

gonzo6up [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Middle Tn
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma SR5 4x4 sport
    tint/ vent visors/ seatbelt chime mod/ DTRL Mod
    cool, thanks guys for the info.

5. May 7, 2009 at 7:31 AM
    Outlaw

Outlaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD SPORT Acc.Cab Mag Grey 4x4 Auto
    Weathertech floor liners, stone and bug deflector, Putco Element In Channel Window Visors, Viper remote starter, Harley lighted hitch cover, Harley front mudflaps, Metal Miller Harley Grill Emblem, Grillcraft grill, SockMonkey design Bedside Decals and 3rd Brake light TRD decal, K&N Air Filter, Goodyear Duratrac 265/70/17 C load, Valor Exhaust tip, De-badged tailgate, Advantage Tonneau Cover, Smoked license plate cover, NFab step bars. Custom Ipod holder. Stock Suspension :(
    anytime:)

To Top