1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB: Right Rear Door Privacy Glass Double Cab

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by I Liquid I, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Jan 24, 2012 at 11:38 PM
    I Liquid I

I Liquid I [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    06 BSP Double Cab Long Bed
    Too many mods to list
    Hello,

Need the right side rear door privacy glass for a double cab. Some idiot busted mine up to steal something... I want to try and go OEM so that it matches the other side privacy glass. If anyone has a totaled truck that they use for parts or anything, this glass is really easy to take out.

Shipping would be to Puerto Rico.

Thanks

2. Jan 25, 2012 at 9:54 AM
    I Liquid I

Member:
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    Too many mods to list
    I am not fully sure why you would have to change all the components. My window regulator works fine and the channels did not get damaged. I have opened the doors up and the only thing I need to do is take the "grab" points where the regulator grabs the glass out and put the new glass and secure those points back up. Getting the glass in might be a bit tricky, but that is because of the door, not the mechanical parts inside.

We'll see I guess, but I need the glass anyway, so I am trying to get it cheaper than new, since it is close to $200 for a new one, and I also have to replace what they stole from my truck.

Also, as a side note, the window assembly is cheaper than the glass. Regulator is around $100, while the rest of the channels are $20 and such each. I would not even comprehend why the motor would need to be changed and that would be the only part over $200. Thanks for your experience though, it made me search more and be more informed.

3. Jan 25, 2012 at 9:56 AM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius

His rear window passenger side window......not slider window.....he has a double cab

4. Jan 25, 2012 at 9:58 AM
    I Liquid I

Member:
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    Too many mods to list
    Oh I get it now. He meant the slider. No, that is fine. Although I wish it wasnt... because then my insurance would take care of it all... I hate it when peeps smash something meaningless and I get the bill. :(

5. Jan 25, 2012 at 3:09 PM
    I Liquid I

Member:
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    Too many mods to list
    Yeah, I had already searched eBay. One of those does not ship to PR and the other has a glass that is heavily scratched. So, neither would work.

In any case, I just ordered this glass from a local parts store I trust. Got it for around $155, plus tax, which is more than I wanted to pay, but whatever.

Thanks all anyhow.

To Top