1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wtb silver side view mirrors and 2 silver door handle

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by THROUGHITALLDUDE, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Jan 4, 2010 at 10:41 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

THROUGHITALLDUDE [OP] Someone didnt put the tailgate down!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    285-75-17 Definity ATs - 16'' Chrome Moto Metal 951s - 4'' Maxtrac spindles - Rear Icon Progressive Leaf Pack - Magnaflow exhaust - Aftermarket LED Taillights - BHLM - Custom Wet Okle Seat Covers - Moog Tire Rods - US Spec Ipod - K&N High Flow Filter - Daytime Running Lights - TRD Skid Plate - Grillcraft - Hellas Mounted behind the grill
    does anyone have 2 silver side view mirrors or two silver door handles that they wanna sell please PM me. :) Interested to buy right away

2. Jan 5, 2010 at 11:26 AM
    jonny

jonny Betty White Edition Heep ZJ

Member:
    First Name:
    John
  3. Jan 5, 2010 at 11:28 AM
    LEEP

LEEP Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    LEE
    CONNECTICUT
    Vehicle:
    O8 TACOMA TRD
    Look on e-bay

4. Jan 5, 2010 at 6:40 PM
    KPT

KPT sees what you did there.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    Katskin leather interior, Satoshi grille, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, rear leaf TSB, magnaflow exhaust, 18x9 BBS RW's, 275/65/18 Nitto TG's, black headlights, black taillights, Hella Supertones, weathertechs, EFX tri-fold tonneau, n-Fab steps
    I bought cheap chrome mirror covers on ebay an painted them to match my truck. You could give that a try.

5. Jan 6, 2010 at 5:37 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Hate to thread jack, but going to anyway. I was considering doing this also, but was concerned about looks and durability. What paint process did you use to paint the covers? Scuff, adhesion promoter, paint, clear,,, or something else. Also, how has it held up, for how long? (This) Inquiring mind wants to know.

To the OP, you know you can also paint the handles youself, or buy a color matched set. The handles are not terribly expensive, like the mirrors are, but probably more expensive then if you can find a used set. Although I haven't heard of anyone taking a set of color matched door handles off for the black ones,,, yet.

Also note that I found the handles cheaper at a different online parts place then the TRDparts4u site. I paid $150 shipped for a set for a DC.

6. Jan 6, 2010 at 6:29 AM
    KPT

KPT sees what you did there.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    Katskin leather interior, Satoshi grille, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, rear leaf TSB, magnaflow exhaust, 18x9 BBS RW's, 275/65/18 Nitto TG's, black headlights, black taillights, Hella Supertones, weathertechs, EFX tri-fold tonneau, n-Fab steps
    Yep I used the same process. Bought adhesion promoter from autozone, and used Superwhite paint from spraycans unlimited on ebay. Perfect match.

I painted them about 4 months ago, and it has held up fine so far.

To Top