1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB Spidertrax Spacers

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by poornavyguy, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Jan 31, 2010 at 7:34 PM
    poornavyguy

poornavyguy [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Great Lakes, Il
    Vehicle:
    07 Indigo DCSB TRD Offroad 6 Speed
    Hey all I figured I would see if anyone had some spacers they want to sell before i pull the trigger on some new ones. Thanks in advance. Rich

2. Jan 31, 2010 at 7:36 PM
    rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage
    go to trail-gear.com for one of the best spacer sets out there!

3. Jan 31, 2010 at 7:50 PM
    poornavyguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Great Lakes, Il
    Vehicle:
    How do those spacers compare to spidertrax? I like that you can get wider than spidertrax 1.25" but I dont want to go cheap on something like this.

4. Jan 31, 2010 at 7:59 PM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    No, you don't want to go cheap on something like this. IMO, hub centric Spidertrax with factory wheels are actually stronger than lug centric aftermarket rims. I'm almost certain Spidertrax come in a few different sizes up to 3". Check their website.

I absolutely love mine. I have the 1.25". They kick out the stance just enough to give it a more aggressive stance. I also like the idea that my truck is technically less likely to roll while wheeling too.

Even if you pay full price for new ones, you won't regret it. If you change your mind down the road, you can sell them in about 5 minutes on this site for a price that will recover the bulk of the original investment.

5. Jan 31, 2010 at 8:17 PM
    poornavyguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Great Lakes, Il
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the advice. I am definitely going to get something because the truck just needs a more aggresive stance. How do the 1.25" ones look? Do you think that 1.5" would be too much? I have been searching but its hard to find a good pic.

6. Jan 31, 2010 at 8:27 PM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    I've seen some good head on, before and after comparison pix on this site before but I'd have to do some searching myself to find them. Search Spidertrax and check "titles only", I think you'll find it. I do not have a before picture but tomorrow I could post a picture of mine mounted. My truck is lifted but I still have stock TRD Off Road rims and 265/70-16 tires (new tires coming at tax return). If you're interested, I could even get a picture of the wheel stuffed in the well. If you go too wide, you may need Bushwacker flares so as not to hit the panel when stuffed.

7. Jan 31, 2010 at 9:02 PM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    +1^exactly what he said......I was looking on this site for a few weeks for someone to post some used Spidertrax (Hub centric) and nobody is letting them go. I just went ahead and put up the money ($215 shipped) and I'm really happy with them. Well worth the coin.

8. Jan 31, 2010 at 9:47 PM
    Just4fununlimited

Just4fununlimited Turtle

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyrtl
    Cerritos/Originally from the island of Guam
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner TRD Off Road SR5
    Toytec 3" Lift with 1.5" Lift block in the rear 285/75/16 COOPER STT 16" Eagle Alloy Style 101 PA15 TOY Decepticon Emblem courtesy of Metalmiller TRD Urban Assault Emblem courtesy of Sockmonkey More to come...
  9. Feb 1, 2010 at 6:11 AM
    poornavyguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Great Lakes, Il
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the input guys. I am running stock wheels and 265/75/16 Goodrich ATs and a revtek lift so I think the spacers will make the stance a lot more aggresive looking. I saw the thread with the spacers for sale but you have to be quick when they go for sale. I will get some before and after pics and post once they arrive.

10. Feb 1, 2010 at 6:22 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    Tundra, double cab.
    LED interior lights, stubby antenna, Pioneer in dash screen
    here is my truck when I had the 1.25 spidertrax on. My tires are 285X65X18's
    [​IMG]

11. Feb 1, 2010 at 8:42 AM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    Keep in mind that your truck will not look like that^ if you run the stock rims. He is running aftermarket rims. On the stock rims with 285's the tire will slightly stick out. The Spidertrax really help in clearing the UCA. Good luck. I might just post a pic of mine. I got it done this past weekend.

12. Feb 1, 2010 at 8:55 AM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

THROUGHITALLDUDE Someone didnt put the tailgate down!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    285-75-17 Definity ATs - 16'' Chrome Moto Metal 951s - 4'' Maxtrac spindles - Rear Icon Progressive Leaf Pack - Magnaflow exhaust - Aftermarket LED Taillights - BHLM - Custom Wet Okle Seat Covers - Moog Tire Rods - US Spec Ipod - K&N High Flow Filter - Daytime Running Lights - TRD Skid Plate - Grillcraft - Hellas Mounted behind the grill
    I have a question about spacers. I have alot of guys tell me that putting spacers on a truck eventually cause problems like worn out joints etc. What are the advantages vs. disadvantages of have them. sorry if this is already a previous topic

To Top