1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB: Stock 3.4l Air Filter Box (Complete with hoses)

Discussion in '1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace (1995-2004)' started by Davtopgun, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Mar 4, 2013 at 6:19 PM
    Davtopgun

Davtopgun [OP] All go, No show

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma Sr5 4x4
    Heavy duty 4.56 gears front and rear, ARB air lockers front and rear, WARN hubs, VIAIR ultra duty OBA, Addicted offroad winch bumper, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, ProComp Steelies wrapped in 35" general grabber red labels, dakar leaf pack with 2" toytec lift shackles, 10" Billies in the rear, OME 882's with OME Nitrochargers and LR UCA's in the front, WARN recovery kit, extra shackles, 60" Extreme Hi Lift, Hi Lift handle all, home made spare tire carrier, Stubbs welding HD SKO sliders, OTTRW Switches, 20" double row LED Lightbar, ARB Safari Snorkle, AFE Pro Dry S drop in air filter, Optima Yellow Top battery. Work in progress!
    Just as the title says. I have a 95.5 Taco. Looking to buy a stock air box that will fit my truck.

When I bought my truck, it had a K&N Cai on it. Routed through the firewall. The filter is in the glove box.

I'm looking for someone who pulled theirs out when they installed a CAI. Please PM me with pics and your price, thanks!

2. Mar 4, 2013 at 6:23 PM
    TheMike515

TheMike515 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix AZ
    OME Coilovers and Dakar Leafs
    Filter in the Glove box? ...i gotta see this!

3. Mar 4, 2013 at 6:30 PM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma Sr5 4x4
    Heavy duty 4.56 gears front and rear, ARB air lockers front and rear, WARN hubs, VIAIR ultra duty OBA, Addicted offroad winch bumper, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, ProComp Steelies wrapped in 35" general grabber red labels, dakar leaf pack with 2" toytec lift shackles, 10" Billies in the rear, OME 882's with OME Nitrochargers and LR UCA's in the front, WARN recovery kit, extra shackles, 60" Extreme Hi Lift, Hi Lift handle all, home made spare tire carrier, Stubbs welding HD SKO sliders, OTTRW Switches, 20" double row LED Lightbar, ARB Safari Snorkle, AFE Pro Dry S drop in air filter, Optima Yellow Top battery. Work in progress!

You'll have to wait until I get off work tomorrow. To dark outside, and the cab light in the truck doesn't work. :p

4. Mar 4, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    Geosh

Geosh Why yes, I AM a rocket scientist.

Member:
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '03 PreRunner DC, 3.4L
    I got the one that was in my 03 3.4L. The previous owner pulled it out and put in a K&N CAI. I have been back and forth over which one I want to keep, but if you want the stock one maybe we can work something out. I'll take some pics tomorrow.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  5. Mar 5, 2013 at 3:54 AM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma Sr5 4x4
    Sounds good man. I'll be keeping an eye peeled for the pics, and I'll see if I can find a pic of the 95.5 one to see if there is any difference. Thanks

6. Mar 5, 2013 at 5:49 AM
    TheMike515

TheMike515 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix AZ
    OME Coilovers and Dakar Leafs
    There is a difference between the 95 and later ones, look at the MAF and how it attaches between the Airbox and the Intake Hose.

I think the 95-98 have one style MAF. and 99-04 have the other style

7. Mar 5, 2013 at 6:01 AM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma Sr5 4x4
    I have noticed a slight difference, but it's minimal. I'm not afraid to do a little editing. Thanks for the input though.

8. Mar 5, 2013 at 11:22 AM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma Sr5 4x4
    Next day bump

9. Mar 5, 2013 at 2:21 PM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma Sr5 4x4
  10. Mar 5, 2013 at 3:24 PM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma Sr5 4x4
To Top