1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

wtb- stock headlights in great condition

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by erklep, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Jul 11, 2011 at 3:19 PM
    erklep

erklep [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    story goes, i purchased a set of blacked out headlights and installed them for a few weeks. everything was good so i sold my oems just the other day. well we had some bad rains this past week and the headlights are now taking on water. so id like to grab a set of oem lights in good-great condition so i can do the bhlm to them and trash these leaky ones (or possibly just swap out the bezels).

2. Jul 11, 2011 at 3:22 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    why dont u take them apart, clean it up and seal it properly?

3. Jul 11, 2011 at 3:23 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    What he said

4. Jul 11, 2011 at 3:34 PM
    erklep

Member:
    already done. before i even installed the ebay lights, i ran silicone around the edges and they still leaked. today i opened them to reseal properly with butyl tape and the chrome on the bezels is lifting and peeling. they are just junky, cheap headlights. i can take a microfiber and wipe the bezel and the chrome just rubs right off

5. Jul 11, 2011 at 5:14 PM
    erklep

Member:
    should have just gone with the depo lights. i got these from "dotcomracing" via ebay. the only stamping on the housing is: pp-td20

only reason i went with these and not the revotec lights is because they offer without the amber reflector.

6. Jul 11, 2011 at 6:22 PM
    chaddawkins

chaddawkins Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Sasebo, Japan
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    i'm looking to change mine out so i might have you a pair in a week or so... how much are you looking to spend? i could swear there are some for sale on here already; and honestly, i doubt anyone is willing to let theirs go for any cheaper than these guys/gals are already going

7. Jul 11, 2011 at 6:32 PM
    erklep

Member:
    i just got a pm back from jlink, who i sold my oem lights to. i gave them to him for 80 and he said if i really need them, he will sell them back to me. also heard back from the ebay seller and they are willing to send me a new pair so it looks like im going to be okay. :pray:

the plan is to open them up as soon as i receive them and throw in some good butyl tape and reseal them the right way. no silicone or rtv again. sucks they deal with such a terrible product but im glad they are backing it up with good cust service and doing the right thing by replacing them

8. Jul 11, 2011 at 7:03 PM
    chaddawkins

chaddawkins Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Sasebo, Japan
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    hell yeah, you'll be all right brother

9. Jul 11, 2011 at 8:09 PM
    erklep

Member:

they said they will reimburse up to $40 for the shipping. they originally wanted me to send these in for inspection first but i told them i cant do that seeing as this is my only vehicle and i cant drive without headlights. so they agreed to ship out a replacement set first and then ill pay to send the defective ones back and they will reimburse the shipping cost

To Top