1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB supercharger for 05+ taco

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by DSMissed, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Mar 23, 2010 at 3:30 PM
    DSMissed

DSMissed [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kerri
    Lead South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 TRD OR
    3" lift with adjustable shocks and AAL, TPS disabled, anytime locker mod, MOOG greasable ball joints and adjustment pins, URD M3 s/c, Pioneer nav headunit, xplod 1000w amp, 10" infinity sub, tinted windows, lightly tinted tails, color matched front grill with blacked out emblem. Do battle scars count as mods?? =D
    I finally have enough money, and now I can't find one. Those new ones were selling for $2500 on Ebay not too long ago, and thats all I have right now so looking for one in that price range. If anyone knows of one anywhere for $2500 or less on craigslist somewhere, forums, locally... let me know please, thanks!!

2. Mar 23, 2010 at 3:36 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Keep searching around TW. I know there was one person not to long ago that was trying to get rid of his. I'm pretty sure it was brand new as well. Just dont remember how much he was selling it for?:confused: Quick question though? Wouldnt you want to do some other simple mods first? Maybe a lift/tires/wheels, etc... instead of going all performance first? Just a thought, not hating on you or anything.

3. Mar 23, 2010 at 3:51 PM
    DSMissed

Member:
    First Name:
    Kerri
    Lead South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 TRD OR
    3" lift with adjustable shocks and AAL, TPS disabled, anytime locker mod, MOOG greasable ball joints and adjustment pins, URD M3 s/c, Pioneer nav headunit, xplod 1000w amp, 10" infinity sub, tinted windows, lightly tinted tails, color matched front grill with blacked out emblem. Do battle scars count as mods?? =D
    Thanks, yeah I am searching around everyday here and on Ebay, but I thought maybe someone knows a friend who knows a friend who's girlfriends dad happens to be selling one... something like that.

You know, I honestly am just using the truck to commute and occasionally tow.. which is where the supercharger comes in. Pulling 3200 pounds kinda sucks when I have to crawl hills at 40 mph or else use a TON of fuel maintaining 60. So aside from the charger, my only plans are the toytech TSB springs AAL. I'm just painting my wheels, and I already have bigger tires than stock, but not terrible big. I've got a grill on it and I'll get side steps eventually and probably some KC daylighters to fulfill my spotlighting needs. Thats about it!

4. Mar 23, 2010 at 3:55 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Oh okay got yah. You might want to find out if all that extra weight from pulling loads is gonna be okay on the supercharger itself?:cool: I'm not an expert mechanic or anything but you might want to look into that.:eek: Just a thought.;)

5. Mar 23, 2010 at 4:21 PM
    DSMissed

Member:
    First Name:
    Kerri
    Lead South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 TRD OR
    I think how hard it will be on the truck or the s/c depends alot on the driver itself. I think I will be ok.

6. Mar 23, 2010 at 5:11 PM
    sntckr

sntckr Active Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    07 DC Sport 4x4
    There are two eBay sellers that you see posting discounted S/Cs on a regular basis (each have one or two S/Cs for sale every one or two weeks).

teamxtremeauto: Seller has a 97% rating, has recent negative reviews on S/C sales, and posts 1-day auctions. His are going for $2,7500-3,000 and his postings say they ship about 3 weeks after the sale. He did have one go for $2,500 within the last couple of weeks, but started bidding at $2,750 since then.

shocken0: Seller has a 100% rating, ships immediately and usually does a 3-day auction. His S/Cs have been going for $3,100-3,250.

Just keep checking into e-bay every day and within a week or two you'll probably see one of these guys pop up.

7. Mar 23, 2010 at 5:39 PM
    06HAOLE

06HAOLE Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sherman Oaks, CA
    Sent PM.

8. Mar 23, 2010 at 6:38 PM
    DSMissed

Member:
    First Name:
    Kerri
    Lead South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 TRD OR
    I bought the teamxtremeauto one for $2500 last week, but I told him I wouldn't be able to pay for 6 days. He told me he couldn't do that, which I don't understand because I saw how it takes 3 weeks to ship, and I've had people take up to 2 weeks to pay me for things that cost a heck of a lot less. GRRR... PM returned.

9. Mar 23, 2010 at 6:49 PM
    sntckr

sntckr Active Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    07 DC Sport 4x4
    OK. Sucks you couldn't make the $2,500 deal stick. Good luck finding another source.

10. Mar 23, 2010 at 7:20 PM
    jarvis210

jarvis210 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Fullerton
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Tacoma
    i bought from teamxtremeauto got everything in about 3 weeks.... it says in the auction that the supercharger is ordered after the auction ends....... great seller

11. Mar 23, 2010 at 7:36 PM
    DSMissed

Member:
    First Name:
    Kerri
    Lead South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 TRD OR
    Well lets hope he posts up another one soon, I'm getting ants in my pants about getting boost in the truck.

12. Mar 23, 2010 at 7:37 PM
    sntckr

sntckr Active Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    07 DC Sport 4x4
    That's good to hear since some people (here and elsewhere) are leery of some of his reviews. Glad to hear you got it in 3 weeks...as was promised on the sale. Once again, good feedback to hear on this seller.

13. Mar 23, 2010 at 7:38 PM
    jarvis210

jarvis210 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Fullerton
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Tacoma
    i also bought the trd intake from him no issues with that he also has great communication with the buyers.....

14. Mar 23, 2010 at 8:11 PM
    sinaloa226

sinaloa226 SIINALOA 226

Member:
    PATTERSON, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 DC 4X4,
    POWDER COATED WHEELS, KM2, LEATHER INTERIOR
    i bought one from this seller on march 1. he told me that it would be shipped on the 19 of march. i have email him everyday after the 19 and have not yet received and answer or the s/c.

15. Mar 27, 2010 at 6:37 PM
    DSMissed

Member:
    First Name:
    Kerri
    Lead South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 TRD OR
    DAMMIT he had another one posted up and I've been waiting all day to bid on it and at the last second some jerk outbids me. I couldn't buy it now cause I am $50 short to do that.
    I can't freaking win with this garbage. Any used ones out there yet???

16. Apr 29, 2010 at 5:25 AM
    DSMissed

Member:
    First Name:
    Kerri
    Lead South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 TRD OR
    So I got a second chance offer on a charger from that teamxtremeauto guy, paid on March 23th, and I haven't heard a thing from him since.

I've emailed him several times, and started a dispute a week ago and still nothing. I'm PISSED. I guess this is what you get for trying to get a good deal??

17. Apr 29, 2010 at 12:45 PM
    SManZ

SManZ el tráfico más lento se queda derecha

Member:
    Haymarket, VA
    Vehicle:
    '10 Supercharged 4x4 Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    Any chance for a S/C group buy? I've been checking eBay every so often for the $2800 deal I saw about 2 months ago but haven't found it again.

Ugh...this damn thing is one of those things I'll just end up buying so I can just stop thinking about it. My friends aren't helping with things like "When you die you can't take money with you" :rolleyes:

There's one up for sale now. Buy it now was $3200 but a bid has been placed for $2000. Its in Estonia though...

18. Apr 29, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    MotoXdoer

MotoXdoer taco?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    San Luis Obispo, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner 4.0 a/c beast
    k&n cai 63 series intake, blacked out headlights, blacked out tailights, magnaflow pro offroad 17115 dumped, URD competetion y-pipe, total chaos 3.5" long travel, fox 2.5x8" remote resevoir shocks, allied 4" spindles, toytec 2" AAL, 20% tint up front and 5% rear, satoshi grille, ddm 50w 6000k hid's. wet okole custom trd seat covers with heaters. 4:56 nitro gears with arb rd129 air locker, arb ckmta12 dual air compressor.
    proextreme auto on ebay. $2500 with fit kit

19. Apr 29, 2010 at 1:42 PM
    SManZ

SManZ el tráfico más lento se queda derecha

Member:
    Haymarket, VA
    Vehicle:
    '10 Supercharged 4x4 Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    SS is right. TeamXtremeAuto is a dirtbag;

[​IMG]

To Top