1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB Toyota Smart Keymaker

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace' started by gussie, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Dec 14, 2012 at 9:32 AM
    gussie

gussie [OP] There's things that gnaw on a man worse than death

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Mt. Shasta, State of Jefferson
    Vehicle:
    Taco SR5 ACLB 4x4 6sp Manual
    Magnaflow Stainless Cat-Back System Performance Exhaust; Total Chaos 3" lift kit; K&N 63-9025 Performance Intake Kit; Innovative Creations Tube Kit; Weathertecs;
    I need a "Toyota & Lexus OBD2 Smart Key Maker Programmer". There's about ten of them on fleaBay, but I don't want to wait for shipping from China.

Anyone got one they want to sell?
    [​IMG]

2. Dec 14, 2012 at 9:36 AM
    Taco Dan

Taco Dan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4
    Door sil protectors, rubber bed mat, trimmed mud flaps, WeatherTechs, diff breather relocate, locking gas cap, lighted 4x4 switch, stock radio AUX adapt, eibach with 5100@0 with toytech top plate combo (2.5") suspension lift, arm rests re-upholstered, relentless fab bed bars, hidden cb radio set up, debadged, Total Chaos UCAs
    oooh what does this exactly do?

3. Dec 14, 2012 at 9:38 AM
    NumNutz

NumNutz One of the original 7928

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Meridian, MS
    Vehicle:
    Big Pimpin
    Lots.
    Programs keys to the vehicle.

4. Dec 14, 2012 at 9:39 AM
    SoCaltaco65

SoCaltaco65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB 4x4 Offroad TRD
    Harbor Freight 110v welder garage fab parts.
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Toyota smart key programmer
    Sand high efficiency: It's only need almost 20 seconds to finish one key making. It can be used securely for all the 4D and smart keys anti-theft system of Toyota series without the dangerous to destory the anti-theft system. This product is the fastest and safest instrument to do the key programming of Toyota and Lexus series in case of all keys losing.
    The detailed operating steps are as following:
    Common Keys
    1.Turn the ignition switch "ON" using the key with the orginal 4D chip.
    2. Insert the key programmer to the car diagnostic interface OBD, and the instrument will enter into the procedure of car auto searching with a short sound of "di". 7 seconds later, the key programmer connect with the car computer successfully with the short sound of two or three "di"(two means the car is belong to the second generation and the three means third generation.); After 20 seconds, the instrument will enter into the "learning key procedure" with a long sound of "di".
    3. Reading the key code
    3.1.Match two main keys and one subsidiary key to the IMMO computer(attention: There must be two new main keys and one subsidiary key)
    a) Insert the first new key into the ignition lock and wait for 5 seconds,and then the SEC light turns on.(Don't turn on the ingntion when the key is inserted.)
    b) Insert another main key into the ignition lock and wait for 5 seconds, and then the SEC light turns on.(Don't turn on the ingntion when the key is inserted.)
    c) Insert the subsidiary key into the ignition lock and then the SEC light turns off. (Don't turn on the ingntion when the key is inserted.)
    3.2.Only match one or two main keys to the immo computer ( Close the matching mode manually after the matching finished.)
    a) Insert the first main key and wait for 5 seconds, SEC light turns on. (Don't turn on the ingntion when the key is inserted.)
    b)Insert the second main key and wait for 5 seconds, SEC light turns on. (Don't turn on the ingntion when the key is inserted.)
    c)Insert the first finished key, turn on the ignition quickly for 5 times and then take out.

Smart Keys
    1.Safe and efficient: Only need 20 seconds to add one key
    2.It is safe for the security alarm system
    3.Support all kinds of Toyota and Lexus smart key system: support K line and CAN-BUS protocols
    4.It is the most safe and fast key programmer device for Toyota and Lexus series till now.
    5.It supports all key lost

Using the smart key
    1. Add the other keys into the main key
    1.1..Insert the key programmer to the car diagnostic interface OBD, and the instrument will enter into the procedure of car auto searching with a short sound of "di".
    1.2.Push the start-button twice. After 7 seconds the vehicle will connect the devices successfully, and the equipment will send off a sound of "di" with 4-5 times, (4 sounds mean that the system is the 4th period, 5 sounds mean that the system is the 5th period); after waiting for 30 seconds the equipment will send off a long soung of"di", it means the car enter into "learning key state."

2. When lost all keys or only have the deputy key, we need to do it initialize:
    2.1.Hold down the LED button on the equipment, and insert it into the OBD, and release the button after the sound of "di" twice,the device enter into the state of search vehicles in this time. :
    2.2..Push the start-button twice. After 7 seconds the vehicle will connect the devices successfully, and the equipment will send off a sound of "di" with 4-5 times, (4 sounds mean that the system is the 4th period, 5 sounds mean that the system is the 5th period); after 5 seconds the lights of SEC will be off; after waiting for 10-16 minutes the equipment will send off a long sound of "di", and the SEC lights flashing, that means the car enter into "learning key state."

3. Learning the intelligent key to the anti-theft of computer:
    When the sign back of the intelligent keys near the launch button, will hear 2 sounds of "di" "di" at this time, the SEC lights will flash twice;after learning all the intelligent keys, it have to wait for 30 seconds until the SEC lights flash,and the system will close the learning pattern automatic.

Notice:
    1.Must use the right new smart keymaker, and follow the right step above, otherwise you take the consequences.
    2.If the device can match the key, and LED light shining constantly, pls clear the error code by using anti-theft system such as T300.
    3.After finishing program keys, the key can strat but the SEC light is still turn on, maybe you use the vice key, only main key can manually shut the study mode.
    4. Dont try to open the cover of programmer and dash board, otherwise you take the consequences.

5..This machine is only provided for the legal auto repair. Otherwise you will take the above consequences
    Features:
    1.100% brand new and high quality
    2.Safe and efficient: Only need 20 seconds to add one key
    3.It is safe for the security alarm system
    4.Support all kinds of Toyota and Lexus smart key system: support K line and CAN-BUS protocols
    5.It is the most safe and fast key programmer device for Toyota and Lexus series till now
    6.It supports all key lost

It almost looks like its a theft device, I need to look into this a bit more.

[/FONT]

5. Dec 14, 2012 at 9:40 AM
    gussie

gussie [OP] There's things that gnaw on a man worse than death

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Mt. Shasta, State of Jefferson
    Vehicle:
    Taco SR5 ACLB 4x4 6sp Manual
    Magnaflow Stainless Cat-Back System Performance Exhaust; Total Chaos 3" lift kit; K&N 63-9025 Performance Intake Kit; Innovative Creations Tube Kit; Weathertecs;
    Saves you big bucks when you want to program a key transponder for your truck. The dealerships want LOTS of $$$ for this DIY service.

Thread here.

I only need to use it to program two keys, after that I'll be done with it. I'm thinking I'll start a pay-it-forward thingie here, and we can all share it as needed...

6. Dec 14, 2012 at 9:43 AM
    Taco Dan

Taco Dan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4
    Door sil protectors, rubber bed mat, trimmed mud flaps, WeatherTechs, diff breather relocate, locking gas cap, lighted 4x4 switch, stock radio AUX adapt, eibach with 5100@0 with toytech top plate combo (2.5") suspension lift, arm rests re-upholstered, relentless fab bed bars, hidden cb radio set up, debadged, Total Chaos UCAs
  7. Dec 14, 2012 at 10:08 AM
    Datsik

Datsik Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 Sport
    Stock
    If you find one let me know lol. Good luck man

8. Jan 6, 2013 at 12:05 PM
    GotLift37

GotLift37 Bangers Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    down south
    Vehicle:
    07 4Runner 4WD
    2.5" front lift (leeper coilover) 1" body 16" Dick Cepek DC1 Black/polished 295/75/16 General Grabber AT2 Tinted Taillights 5% tint OEM Acura TSX HID Retrofit White LED dash light conversion
    is that how they steal toyota trucks and stuff now days?

9. Jan 6, 2013 at 12:30 PM
    07SpeedwaySport

07SpeedwaySport Senior MoFo'ing Member

Member:
    Fairfax, VA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB TRD OR--now silver
    tint.
    That isn't how they steel trucks, you still need a master key with this thing.

BTW_ for anyone who is interested in making keys, I bought the actual software on ebay with the cord (probably a knock off)
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=techstream&_sacat=0&_from=R40

And I bought key blanks.

for $35+$21, i programmed two keys. Home Depot cut them for free.

And the software does alot more too...and it is all mine for ever.

The guys on the Tundra forum all seem to love this thing...

10. Jan 6, 2013 at 12:55 PM
    rubenc87

rubenc87 Cobra

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    DTRL,HID's, Redline Elite Hood Struts,IVD Coilovers and Rear Shocks W/ Ext. Res.,N-FAB Light Bar W/ KC Titanium Lights, Alcan AAL,Wet Okole's, URD T.C.A.I. M/T Classic Lock's BFG AT, Chrome TC UCA'S,TRD Exhaust, Bed Mat,Painted Roof Rack,Access LE,Weathertech's F&R,P&L Lock
    Seems like a good deal.

11. Jan 7, 2013 at 8:02 AM
    07SpeedwaySport

Member:
    Fairfax, VA
    Vehicle:
    tint.
    Yeah, at the minimum we should all have an ODBII and the software does that too, for cheaper than any other ODBII I have seen. Plus it gives codes on TPMS, ABS, probably airbags...ect ect. Well worth it.

If I get a chance, i will see if I can do a write up on the key making/programming...but it is pretty easy to figure out with the info I gave above.

12. Jan 7, 2013 at 10:22 AM
    rubenc87

rubenc87 Cobra

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    DTRL,HID's, Redline Elite Hood Struts,IVD Coilovers and Rear Shocks W/ Ext. Res.,N-FAB Light Bar W/ KC Titanium Lights, Alcan AAL,Wet Okole's, URD T.C.A.I. M/T Classic Lock's BFG AT, Chrome TC UCA'S,TRD Exhaust, Bed Mat,Painted Roof Rack,Access LE,Weathertech's F&R,P&L Lock
    Can you reset (as in disregard) the TPMS light or will it just continue to light up?

13. Jan 7, 2013 at 10:32 AM
    KiltedRonin

KiltedRonin Poor Impulse Control

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronin
    Silver Spring, MD.
    Vehicle:
    2011 access cab, MGM, leer 180.
    I'm a locksmith.. Lemme double check my machine at work, I do believe I can clone transponders if you can get me the blank and one original key.. Any locksmith should be able to do it for you locally.

Edit: any locksmith that does enough automotive work to own a transponder clone / copying machine for the chip.

14. Jan 7, 2013 at 10:42 AM
    rubenc87

rubenc87 Cobra

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    Good to know.

15. Jan 7, 2013 at 5:35 PM
    scareurpasenger

scareurpasenger New Member

Member:
    I should have one for sale soon. $15 shipped from USA. Why wait to get one from China.

16. Jan 7, 2013 at 6:26 PM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Wow, a guy with one post that no ones seen before, and no pictures of the item, and willing to sell the thing someone wants...

Please check the forum rules on sales.

Frank

17. Jan 8, 2013 at 8:26 AM
    07SpeedwaySport

Member:
    Fairfax, VA
    Vehicle:
    tint.
    Good question...I'll have to check and see...

18. Jan 8, 2013 at 9:08 AM
    07SpeedwaySport

Member:
    Fairfax, VA
    Vehicle:
    tint.
    $15 bucks, probably paypal? Low risk if you ask me. But I do see your point about sales and our rules.

19. Jan 8, 2013 at 10:04 AM
    rubenc87

rubenc87 Cobra

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    Please let me know. Thanks

20. Jan 8, 2013 at 3:28 PM
    Spicy taco

Spicy taco Master of All Things Groovy

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Cleveland, TN
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner DCLB, 04 4Runner, 94 4Runner
    BHLM, Self made Satoshi, T-Rex Eyelids, Bull bar, behind the grill light bar (also home made), textured black badges, fiberglass camper, Spectre CAI, Banks Monster cat-back, Eclipse AVN 62D, LED bed lights, external fuse block, OTRATTW switches, THULE MOAB roof rack, rock lights, Tech Deck, Polk Audio speaks, sub coming soon.....
    Why are the guys with the coolest toys always so far from where I live? I've been trying for 3 weeks to get a key made for the lock on my camper shell. This place sucks! Lol!

To Top