1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB TRD CAT BACK for 2nd Gen Taco

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by tegdog, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Sep 28, 2009 at 11:18 AM
    tegdog

tegdog [OP] Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    Looking for a used TRD Cat Back Exhaust for my 09 Dbl Cab Short Bed.

2. Sep 28, 2009 at 11:27 AM
    CAMZTRD

CAMZTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    steve
    hampton, va
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4
    billy 5100's @ 2.5 w/ 1/4 spacers, toytec aal, LR UCA's, revotec headlights,revotec taillights, lamin-x fogs, color matched grille and rear bumper, undercover, bed-extender, black nerf bars, scan gaugeII , afe drop in, 50 series flowmaster, 6000k bi-xenon hids, more to come.......
    just get a 50 series flowmaster, 99 bucks at autozone, you get the same sound, then use the other 300 bucks for TRD CAI.

3. Sep 28, 2009 at 3:45 PM
    tegdog

tegdog [OP] Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    TRD CAI is being shipped tommorow, I plan @ some point to lose all the cats with DT long tubes & a pipe bomb. Do you think the flowmaster muffler would be too loud with that setup. I kinda like the idea of keeping everything TRD but I am up for whatever will give me the best performance & best bang for my buck.

4. Sep 28, 2009 at 3:54 PM
    CAMZTRD

CAMZTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    steve
    hampton, va
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4
    billy 5100's @ 2.5 w/ 1/4 spacers, toytec aal, LR UCA's, revotec headlights,revotec taillights, lamin-x fogs, color matched grille and rear bumper, undercover, bed-extender, black nerf bars, scan gaugeII , afe drop in, 50 series flowmaster, 6000k bi-xenon hids, more to come.......
    go to youtube and listen to tacoma w/flowmaster sound clips. i have the 50 series and love it.

5. Sep 28, 2009 at 3:59 PM
    IndigoTaco

IndigoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab Sport 4x4
    Muffler is a good budget pick up. Most guys will tell you performance-wise a muffler is just as good as a cat back system, since the original pipes on the Tacoma are good as is. However, I picked the TRD for sound, uniformity, and the fact that I like OEM fit parts, as well as quality. (After seeing a few of my buddies Flowmasters that are rusted as hell, the stainless catback couldn't hurt either.)

www.shoptrd.com ........I bought mine from these guys, the customer service was great and it was the best price I found anywhere ($400 shipped). Took me ten mins to install myself.

To Top