1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB: TRD intake and TRD exhaust (access cab)

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Jedidiah, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Jul 13, 2009 at 7:57 AM
    Jedidiah

Jedidiah [OP] TakeItEasy

Member:
    Oregon
    BHLM Bilstein 5100's BFG AT 285's HID (6000K) Maglite Grillcraft Grill debadged
    Looking for a used TRD intake and a used TRD exhaust for my access cab!

I've been looking for quite some time now!

PM me please!

Take it easy,
    Sylas

2. Jul 13, 2009 at 8:03 AM
    Jedidiah

Jedidiah [OP] TakeItEasy

Member:
    Oregon
  3. Jul 13, 2009 at 8:04 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides. Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Big Easy, USA
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit Upcoming: ATO Gas Tank Skid and Sliders w/ kickout. ATO Shackle Flip Kit. Down the line: Front/Rear ARB Lockers w/ OBA. 4.56 Gears
  4. Jul 13, 2009 at 8:06 AM
    Jedidiah

Jedidiah [OP] TakeItEasy

Member:
    Oregon
  5. Jul 13, 2009 at 8:08 AM
    Brunes

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Big Easy, USA
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit Upcoming: ATO Gas Tank Skid and Sliders w/ kickout. ATO Shackle Flip Kit. Down the line: Front/Rear ARB Lockers w/ OBA. 4.56 Gears
    If you are going for the all TRD parts thing- That is a good price. But you can do better for performance with just a muffler swap...it's ALOT cheaper too.

Just ideas..>Good luck finding what you are looking for!!

6. Jul 13, 2009 at 8:09 AM
    Jedidiah

Jedidiah [OP] TakeItEasy

Member:
    Oregon
    I actually swapped my muffler and have a dynomax muffler....i noticed a loss of mpg so i figured i may want to go with the trd exhaust system.

what do you think?

7. Jul 13, 2009 at 8:26 AM
    Brunes

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Big Easy, USA
    Vehicle:
    I don't know many muffler systems that will drastically improve the MPG over the stock system. The stock system is designed to give a balance of performance and economy.

Start changing that- You get some more performance, but lose some economy. In general, you won't make a HUGE change to mpgs with intake and exhaust.

8. Jul 13, 2009 at 8:38 AM
    Jedidiah

Jedidiah [OP] TakeItEasy

Member:
    Oregon
    Oh alright. The thing i was ok with losing some economy but after swapping the muffler to the dynomax i've noticed a significant decrease in economy. I'm figuring i should get rid of the dynomax and go with a trd exhaust system since i dont have my stock muffler any more.

9. Jul 13, 2009 at 8:39 AM
    Brunes

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Big Easy, USA
    Vehicle:
    How much of a drop??

10. Jul 13, 2009 at 8:48 AM
    Jedidiah

Jedidiah [OP] TakeItEasy

Member:
    Oregon
    Alright man this is how i noticed. I usually fill up when i get down to quarter tank. before swapping mufflers i was driving 275-280 miles. Now i'm driving below 270. I'm not really sure how to calc mpg with only a quarter tank left.

Does that sound right?
    thanks

11. Jul 13, 2009 at 8:50 AM
    Brunes

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Big Easy, USA
    Vehicle:
    ehhh......5-10 miles over a tank is less than 1 mile per gallon. You need to start with a full tank to calc mpgs (at least that's all I know)

I wouldn't worry about it...and I'm not sure that the TRD system will get you back those mpgs...but you can sure try.

12. Jul 13, 2009 at 8:52 AM
    Jedidiah

Jedidiah [OP] TakeItEasy

Member:
    Oregon
    Alright. Thanks for the help man!

13. Jul 13, 2009 at 9:30 AM
    berso

berso Active Member

Member:
    Tijuana Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Black Prerunner TRD sport
    To calculate MPG's do this:
    fill up your tank.
    reset your odo to 0.
    drive it to 1/4.
    fill it again.
    take note of the gallons you use to fill it, and the divide the milles you drive, by the number of gallons, that;s yout MPG's.
    I do this every tank since i got my taco,and have a record in an exel sheet BTW my MPG sucks so far a average 14.39, and that includes few trips where i got up to 20 mpgs.

I don't think ann exahust or intake make much difference in MGP at least not to justify the price, they are nice, they do look and sound better than stock, but for MPG's the best bet is to keep the cash and use it to buy more gas.....:D

14. Jul 13, 2009 at 9:35 AM
    Jedidiah

Jedidiah [OP] TakeItEasy

Member:
    Oregon
    I will probably start doing that! Thanks for the info!
    You speak the truth! Probably should saved that money for gas!
    Take it easy,
    Sylas

To Top