1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB: TSB rear leaves

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by 8th sin, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Jan 27, 2009 at 4:36 PM
    8th sin

8th sin [OP] Swollen Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCLB 4x4 Sport
    Llumar CTX Tint, Grillcraft MX Upper, Pro Comp Rockwell 5034 17x8.5, Nitto Terra Grappler G2 LT285/70/17, Icon Stage III
    I've been scouring all corners of the internet for the past 3 months looking for a set of TSB leaf packs. Of course to no avail. A few sellers here on TW, but I haven't gotten any responses back.

So if you've got a set clogging up your garage, name your price. Local would be best, since I know these are heavy but I'd be willing to pay a bit more for shipping. Hell, if you've got a set on your truck and are planning to sell or trade soon, I'll trade you plus a bit of cash to sweeten the deal. The appraiser idn't gonna know! ;)

and before anyone jumps on me about wanting to pay for something that I can get for free, let me say that I have had it dealing with toyota and the dealerships trying to get the TSB performed. toyota corporate told me straight up I was SOL. this is my first toyota, and I absolutely love it, but I would NEVER buy new from them after my experiences trying to get the TSB performed under warranty. I use my truck for towing, but I do not want to lift so as I see it this is the best option.

2. Jan 27, 2009 at 5:48 PM
    jhodge83

jhodge83 Any dog under 50# is a cat and cats are useless... Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 Timberland Mica DC 4WD Sport
    wat?
    is it due to mileage that ur not eligible? anyways, u'd be better off spending the $80 on a 1.5" pro comp AAL to get the sme effect. shipping leafs and the cost alone will be a ripoff

3. Jan 27, 2009 at 8:46 PM
    8th sin

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCLB 4x4 Sport
    Llumar CTX Tint, Grillcraft MX Upper, Pro Comp Rockwell 5034 17x8.5, Nitto Terra Grappler G2 LT285/70/17, Icon Stage III
    I bought the truck in late November with 34.6k miles. Well within warranty I visited two dealerships with usual complaints. The first did nothing, the second replaced the rear shocks with the same units (not the 5100's). The parts weren't installed by the dealer until after I was a few hundred miles out of warranty. I called toyota customer service, and was told that the dealerships are not obliged to perform TSB's, even if the customers complaints match exactly. I have an eligible year and model, and reported my concern clearly but they wouldn't budge. The CSR at toyota said it was unlikely any dealership would do anything about it now that I was out of warranty. I just don't have the time to spend hours waiting at a dealership only to be told there is no problem.

But yes, the problem is with bottoming out with anything more than a moderate load. I already picked up a set of 5100's for real cheap. I've looked into AAL's but the consensus seems to be that they will stiffen the ride in the rear. Will they stiffen it more than the OEM 4 leaf packs will? I'd like to stay OEM, but those timbrens do look interesting.

4. Jan 27, 2009 at 9:10 PM
    Downsouth Motorsports

Downsouth Motorsports Downsouth Motorsport Vendor

Member:
    Mission Valley, San Diego
    Front King 2.5, Coilovers, Camburg UCA, Rear King 2.0 Shocks, Lots of Tinted Windows, Cherry Third Owner
    I just had the new 4 leaf TSB replacement springs that were installed two weeks ago but im looking to replace them with a set of Deavers. I have a customer who's interested but if he falls thru - they are up for grabs! Im giving him till thurs....

5. Jan 27, 2009 at 11:34 PM
    Kelson

Kelson My Truck is Cuter than Yours

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    Downsouth Motorsports">
    if this guy decides not to i would be looking into buying them...lmk!

6. Jan 28, 2009 at 4:58 AM
    8th sin

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCLB 4x4 Sport
    I think shipping coast to coast would be a killer, but let me know if it falls through.

7. Jan 28, 2009 at 9:33 AM
    jhodge83

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle:
    wat?
    i'm not 100%, but i dont think they will work on ur truck w/o modification

8. Jan 28, 2009 at 8:12 PM
    Kelson

Kelson My Truck is Cuter than Yours

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    they will ;)

i'm using them to lower the truck...pre-runner/4x4 leafs have less of an arch than the 5 lug ones...and if i mount the axle above the leafs it should provide for a solid 2" drop in the back as well as increased load capacity, esp if i can get my hands on these TSB 4 leaf packs :D

9. Jan 28, 2009 at 8:41 PM
    jhodge83

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle:
    wat?
    damn...did not know that one....sounds like a good deal to get the drop and the load capacity

To Top