1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB: Undercover or Armor Lid Tonneau

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by dalesrn, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Jun 23, 2009 at 1:09 AM
    dalesrn

dalesrn [OP] Tacoma TSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma PreRunner DC with TSS Package
    Borla exhaust system, Sirius Satellite Radio, Chrome package, Trailer Hitch, Clazzio Leather seat covers, TSS badging, Anytime on fog lights mod, Daytime driving lights mod, Dual backseat DVD players w/monitors, 3rd Brake Light "TSS" mod, Bed pocket lights mod, Seat belt chime mod, Bed storage compartment auxillary outlet mod, Shorty antenna, Armor Lid Tonneau Cover, Line of Fire tailgate light
    I am looking to buy an Undercover or Armor Lid hard tonneau cover for an '08 in the Baton Rouge/Denham Springs/Hammond area. I need all the brackets, and would prefer to see it on your truck before I buy it.

Dale

2. Jun 23, 2009 at 9:20 AM
    dalesrn

dalesrn [OP] Tacoma TSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Borla exhaust system, Sirius Satellite Radio, Chrome package, Trailer Hitch, Clazzio Leather seat covers, TSS badging, Anytime on fog lights mod, Daytime driving lights mod, Dual backseat DVD players w/monitors, 3rd Brake Light "TSS" mod, Bed pocket lights mod, Seat belt chime mod, Bed storage compartment auxillary outlet mod, Shorty antenna, Armor Lid Tonneau Cover, Line of Fire tailgate light
    Does anyone in the BR/DS/Hammond area want to sell a tonneau cover?

3. Jun 23, 2009 at 4:49 PM
    dalesrn

dalesrn [OP] Tacoma TSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    I guess I would be better off buying a new one!

4. Jun 23, 2009 at 5:01 PM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
  5. Jun 23, 2009 at 5:04 PM
    Rtrn2taco

Rtrn2taco Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!

Member:
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner (silver)
    I have sold both the Armor lid and th Undercover (I sell auto accessories) and would not recommend the Armor Lid. Not that it is a bad cover but they are made with inferior hardware and an odd textured plastic cover. It certainly does not justify the relatively small difference in price if buying new.

6. Jun 24, 2009 at 9:20 AM
    dalesrn

dalesrn [OP] Tacoma TSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Rtrn2taco. The difference in price is about $90. Can the Undercover be painted if I so choose? Do the lights on the cover last long?
    Thanks,
    Dale

7. Jun 24, 2009 at 9:42 AM
    Rtrn2taco

Rtrn2taco Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!

Member:
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner (silver)
    You will find some companies or body shops who will paint them. I would not recommend to have it done (could be possible future paint issues) and the black would look great on your silver truck. As for the light inside the batteries are replaceable but I have no idea how long you can expect them to last (probably differs greatly from one owner to the next). It is fairly bright for such a small light.

8. Jun 24, 2009 at 1:16 PM
    05silvertacoma

05silvertacoma Member

Member:
    Washington State
    Undercover Box Cover Amsoil Xtended Life Oil X Runner Wheels Red Line Hood Struts
    I got the Undercover a year ago and am very happy with it. As Rtm2taco observed, the cover goes well with the silver-your bed is a black plastic composite also. The Undercover is engineered for your truck, No generic instruction/photos here! It'll take longer than the 1/2 hour they say, but is worth it! It kept everything in the bed dry this past winter and we had snow that stayed 2 1/2 weeks this past winter. Not long for most of you out there, but for the Seattle area- a long time. About lighting, I added some stick on lighting (5 leds) that way there's no hard wiring/grounding or unplugging issues. They just don't reccommend you drill any holes (voids the warranty) Good Luck!

9. Jun 24, 2009 at 5:09 PM
    dalesrn

dalesrn [OP] Tacoma TSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for all the help.

10. Jun 26, 2009 at 6:40 AM
    dalesrn

dalesrn [OP] Tacoma TSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Anyone with good up close pics of your Undercover? I would like to see the hinges, brackets, and such installed. I found some pics on different sites, but none of Tacomas.

Thanks,
    Dale

To Top