1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTB: Winch bumper

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by hogfan1978, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Jul 17, 2011 at 12:40 PM
    hogfan1978

hogfan1978 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Nacogdoches, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4 DC LB
    I've got a warn 8000i that I had on my old ZR2. I sold the winch bumper with the truck but kept the winch. Now I want to put it on my 08 Taco.

Anyone got any leads on a used winch bumper. I don't really care what style it is...I just can't bring myself to pay what they want for a new one.

Thanks.

2. Jul 17, 2011 at 2:56 PM
    GA_TACO4x4

GA_TACO4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    here 'n there
    Vehicle:
    07 DCSB 4x4
    marathon superhide max-4 seat covers, weathertechs, maglite mod, 20% tint, 2" leveling kit, leaf spring tsb.
    I'm in the same boat as u. good luck with search.

ps i used to have a zr2 back in the day. i miss it sometimes

3. Jul 17, 2011 at 5:13 PM
    hard2kill

hard2kill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    06 4door trd sport white 6spd
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
    zr2's are fun trucks...that 4.3 felt more powerful then our 4.0l does....but the taco rules in everyother way glad to see you got a taco and good luck with your bumper search....i use bruteforcefab.com products..great price and alot better built then some of the big names out there (all-pro,trail gear).....if you cant find a used one give him a shout ...awsome customer service

4. Jul 17, 2011 at 10:29 PM
    jdmdcfan

jdmdcfan Well-Known Member

Member:
    east WA
    Vehicle:
    dcsb
    You can try that member on here that sells hidden winch mount for 350 shipped. I'm considering it.

5. Jul 18, 2011 at 3:49 PM
    hogfan1978

hogfan1978 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Nacogdoches, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4 DC LB
    Thanks. Yeah, that ZR2 was great, but the transmission wasn't.

I saw that hidden mount thread. Looks cool. I couldn't tell for sure if the winch was mounted with the top facing in the upward direction like they would on a standard winch bumper. If they're facing with the top of the winch toward the front of the truck, you might be putting some crazy stresses on the mount and bolts...

6. Jul 31, 2011 at 6:54 PM
    Tacomitron

Tacomitron New Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Evans, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad 4x4 Impulse red tow
    3 inch lift in front and 1.5 inch lift in the rear, 1" front diff drop kit, 255/70/17 BFG Mud terr, OEM roof rack, fog lights on anytime mod, OBX headers, Volant CAI, Helix Power Tower throttle body spacer, Century cab high cap with custom roof rack made from Tundra deck rail system, cargo light on anytime mod, extra D-rings mod, tail light guards, EZ-down tailgate assist, Pop N Lock inside the tailgate keyless remote locking tailgate lock, TPMS black tape mod, frame welded rock sliders w/ diamond plate steps welded by each door, bed mat, Impulse red"BHLM", silver painted Sport wheels, DIY black painted fender flares, 5000k HID heads and fogs, blacked our grill and emblems, hidden front hitch receiver from CBI Offroad fab. More in the making.......SOLD TRUCK (SAD FACE)
    I'm selling my ARB winch bumper with ARB OME struts that are made to level the front and support the extra weight. I am in Maryland. If anyone is interested PM me.

To Top