1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wtf ge?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by nd, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Jul 22, 2010 at 12:14 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    And you consider that a bad thing?

I'd consider that a GREAT thing!! All 5 of your bosses probably 'pass the buck' on eachother while none of them ever bother you.

Anytime your boss stays in the office - is a good thing!!

2. Jul 22, 2010 at 1:12 AM
    cabarbhab

cabarbhab Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Mary Esther, FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD OR 4x4
    smoking makes people unhealthy and leads to numerous diseases. i assume ge provides some short of healtcare to their employees. for them it is about the money. if they can keep people from smoking at work, they are hoping they can get people to just quit. it the long run it will save them alot of money. people will use less sick days and be more productive. they will also save on health costs with people getting less smoke related illnesses. Don't be surprised when companies start setting weight limits and require employees to exericise if they want to keep their jobs. i have no problem with a company making policies. they are a private company and have the right to set policies for their employees. Hell starting in 2014 the federal government is going to start tracking every citizens BMI, and now that the president wants to go to electronic medical records for everyone, you better believe your employer will be able to know your BMI.

3. Jul 22, 2010 at 1:53 AM
    Manlaan

Manlaan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Riverton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2002 XtraCab SR5 V6 4x4 Black
    See Signature
    I agree with the OP in this. It just doesn't seem right to ban an activity. Losing rights is a slippery slope and once it starts, it has a tendency to keep going.

That being said, GE is helping to pay for health insurance. Simple solution... If you want to smoke, you're on your own for health insurance, or make the smoker pay 100% of the insurance. GE is happy because they get to save money. The only one unhappy are the smokers, but if it comes down to cut the smokers insurance or cut all insurance, I think the smokers will loose that argument.

4. Jul 22, 2010 at 6:45 AM
    nd

nd [OP] Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i've heard about that but i cant believe it. plus, if thats the case i'm in trouble. i've always been heavier than i look. the BMI says for my height i should be 175lbs. at that weight i look like a holocaust victim. i look really good and healthy at 200lbs, but at that weight i am considered overweight. my current weight is around 230. i am definitely overweight, no argument there. but according the the BMI i am only a few points from morbidly obese. you guys have seen pics of me and some of you have hung out with me. in no world am i morbidly obese. you could call me fat and i wouldn't argue, but i'm nowhere near "morbidly obese". or was it extremely obese? whatever the one is right after obese, i cant remember. anyway, i'd be screwed if htey started to that. i'd have to be anorexic just to be in the healthy range.

oh sweet sweet, naive janster.... 5 bosses means that i typically get 2 to 3 different set of instructions on any given project or issue. or, my only onsite boss will tell me a certain procedure for a certain situation. i start doing that. a month or so later i get a call from anotehr boss saying "i hear you're doing such and such". i say, yeah, thats what Boss #1 told me to do. Boss #2 says, well we dont do that, we have to bill GE for that. so i say htats fine, do you want me to tell Boss 1 or will you? he says he will. i stop doing whatever it was i was doing. Boss 1 comes to me yelling and pissed off because i'm now telling clients i cant help them (even though i could a week ago). i tell him what Boss 2 says. he gets pissed and goes to Boss 2. I get bitched at by Boss 2 for not being tactful enough and not keeping the customer happy. i then go out to my truck and cry for 30 mintues because i dont know how i got here in life. this job is slowly killing me but it pays so well i cant leave at the moment. so yeah, 5 bosses sucks when you are constantly in the middle.

5. Jul 22, 2010 at 7:00 AM
    rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage

Awesome. So, god, obama, raptor, and bull bars, are all it takes to get a thread locked? now i know.

6. Jul 22, 2010 at 7:00 AM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    Natural selection huh, do you believe strongly in that stance? If so we should not care for preterm babies or offer corrective surgery for infants with congenital heart defects.

7. Jul 22, 2010 at 7:12 AM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    So if you start a thread and the majority of responses dont agree with you, you start trying to get the thread shutdown? Not cool, why not just delete your OP & we can pretend this never happened.:)

8. Jul 22, 2010 at 7:25 AM
    montgomery_30824

montgomery_30824 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Guyton, Ga
    Vehicle:
    '06 prerunner 4dr
    K & N airfilter, custom built 10" sub boxes, pioneer head, mag-lite mod, Blue LED dash lights, custom painted engine cover, mud flap removal mod, alarm/remote start installed,
    nobody forces you to go to the smoking area. if you dont like it go somewhere else.

9. Jul 22, 2010 at 7:27 AM
    montgomery_30824

montgomery_30824 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Guyton, Ga
    Vehicle:
    '06 prerunner 4dr
    K & N airfilter, custom built 10" sub boxes, pioneer head, mag-lite mod, Blue LED dash lights, custom painted engine cover, mud flap removal mod, alarm/remote start installed,
    do you honestly think that your health care costs will go down because no one can smoke on site?

10. Jul 22, 2010 at 9:17 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    its not the fact that they disagree with me, its their self righteous, triumphant attitude that pisses me off. "oh, well they aren't like me so fuck em, who cares about them". that attitude is what is killing this country. oh yeah, that and our shitty ass fuckwad of a president. fuck that guy. also, i'm trading my truck for a raptor, tacomas are for little girls, raptors are for hairy chested men.

11. Jul 22, 2010 at 9:18 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    So...What are you trying to say?

12. Jul 22, 2010 at 9:21 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    He likes hairy chested men? That's what I got from it.

13. Jul 22, 2010 at 9:39 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    IBTL :locked:

14. Jul 22, 2010 at 9:39 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    oh yeah, and this is for you Obama:brianr:

15. Jul 22, 2010 at 9:44 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    I think Im missing something?

16. Jul 22, 2010 at 10:04 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    I give head! Im not kidding, I really do! Sometimes, I give head to chickens! While fucking pigs! :woot:

17. Jul 22, 2010 at 10:13 AM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    I think ND is the one missing something, like the point to this pointless rant hes on. It started out GE was the man keepin him down, now its obamas fault he cant smoke at work. Oh yeah hes not even a smoker WTF!!!:confused:

18. Jul 22, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    martie

martie mjp2 is living vicariously through me.

Member:
    First Name:
    smartie pants
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2015 Ford Explorer Sport
    ND is missing several million brain cells (he killed them off with alcohol) but we love him anyway cause he just hates us so damn much.

19. Jul 22, 2010 at 10:19 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    nah, i'm just trying to get this thread closed. i could always request it be closed, but its much more entertaining for me to try to get it slammed shut and get banned at the same time. i'm a big believer of killing two birds with one stone.

me brain be fine.

20. Jul 22, 2010 at 10:25 AM
    BigRedToy

BigRedToy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab SR5 4x4

Products Discussed in

To Top