1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wtf ge?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by nd, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Jul 22, 2010 at 11:08 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    No kidding! :eek:

2. Jul 22, 2010 at 11:43 AM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    this thread promted me to do some research....found a very interesting read from '08. it seems that my state (and other's) are heavily vested in smokers continuing to smoke. i have always said when someone utters the inevitable when seeing me smoke "that's bad for you, you know?" my retort is usually along the lines of "someone's gotta keep the schools open." guess i didn't realize how true my smartass reply really is. my state collects around 300 million a year in cigarette taxes and at least that much in payments from big tobacco, yet a very small percentage goes toward cesnation programs or towards health care. it seems as though its lumped into the "general" fund...then they piss it away on whatever the lobbyists were promised during the election campaign. many of our states have also secured loans against the FUTURE settlement payments that large tobacco companies now have to pay them.

source: http://redtape.msnbc.com/2008/11/ten-years-later.html

bottom line...my state would go broke (and have to pay back those loans they took out against future settlement payments by taxing everyone at a higher rate) if everyone here that smokes were to quit tomorrow. the tobacco industry and the gooberment have had their hands down each other's pants for many decades. so in my mind, it's basically, it's big gubment & big tobacco vs. the insurance industry (who are the ones really running this country anyways) over the big pile o' money that is generated/spent because people smoke.

let's not forget the ashtray factories, pharmaceutical companies who make drugs for cesnation and cigarette lighter manufacturers that will lose money or go out of business...more jobs lost :p

to me, this is a small battle...the shit's really gonna hit the fan when there's not enough money generated from cig. taxes and they start taxing the piss out of alcohol.

in short...when you see a smoker, thank them. i know everyone will be on the "higher insurance rate" ballsack...but just think about it...if i smoke and die earlier...there's more social security to go around for everyone else, as i will not have the opportunity to take advantage of it ' cuz i'm dead from smoking. :) those that live into their 90's are the ones whoa re gonna cost the most a la 30+ years of "free" medical care from the gubment. stuff that in yur pipe and smoke it...pun intended.

think on a different level.

edit: IBTL!!!

3. Jul 22, 2010 at 11:51 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    My head hurt reading that....WTF??? Talk about mass confusion...... How the hell is anyone supposed to get anything done with that kinda of BS??
    That's totally messed up!!!

There's gotta be a way that you can get those morons together and on the same page..... so you can actually get something done with some confidence.

Back to the smoking....

Wonder when the cigarette manufacturers are gonna start wanting bail-outs. :rolleyes:

4. Jul 22, 2010 at 12:08 PM
    BigRedToy

BigRedToy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab SR5 4x4
    [​IMG]

Ummm yea, so we are using the new red cover sheets, did you get that memo?

nd probably feels like Office Space

5. Jul 22, 2010 at 12:12 PM
    woodygg

woodygg Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    04 DC Tacoma 4x4
    i think nd is looking for his stapler. has anyone seen it?? :p

6. Jul 22, 2010 at 12:38 PM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    LOL..

:boink:

Have you noticed that your getting moved around alot in the office?

ND vs. the Rest of Tacomaworld Part DuH

7. Jul 22, 2010 at 1:20 PM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    Uh Ok, still not sure how smoking plays into natural selection according to your definition it has more to do with heritable traits not external enviromental factors like smoking. :confused: But thanks for the "lesson" just the same. As far as "evolving into a bunch of scrodes" well I might have argued that point until I read some of your posts.:D Peace out.

8. Jul 22, 2010 at 1:48 PM
    poppasmurf009

poppasmurf009 Active Member

Member:
    WI
    Vehicle:
    Stock 09 Access Cab V6 4x4
    Hey ND, what industry do you work in for GE? I'm in the healthcare division.

9. Jul 22, 2010 at 2:41 PM
    rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage
    i think we should keep this thread open just to make nd mad:D

10. Jul 22, 2010 at 3:15 PM
    stmpjmpr

stmpjmpr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    So Orange County, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma Sport MGM 4X4
    I work for a competitor of G.E. and that rule makes me want to go work there. hate smoke, hated that I have to breathe it when I go in/out of bldgs bc smokers feel their right to smoke superceeds my right to breathe fresh air. I also hate that I will be paying higher medical costs to cover smokers who cant/wont quit but are prone to health problems. And I especially hate that Its not ok for me to go stand outside every hour for 20 minutes, but Its ok if you smoke. That being said, I do feel they could supply a designated smoking area far away from everyone else, I dont see whats wrong with putting iton the middle lanes of the freeway.

11. Jul 22, 2010 at 3:17 PM
    rhodehard09

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage
    she is sooo hottt

12. Jul 23, 2010 at 10:50 AM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    :)

13. Jul 23, 2010 at 12:50 PM
    rhodehard09

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]

look how hot she is

14. Jul 23, 2010 at 1:03 PM
    rhodehard09

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    twice!

15. Aug 5, 2010 at 2:07 PM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    I guess I need some more explaining... so what your saying is if you smoke it will kill you before reaching sexual maturity or it will make you sterile?

Being a Registered Respiratory Therapist I deal with COPDer's (smokers) on a daily basis and trust me many of them have produced children. So basicly your whole "hypothesis" as you put it is bull shit. If you care to explain to me how you are right, well I would love to hear more of your "brilliant" insights Oswego.:rolleyes:

16. Aug 5, 2010 at 2:13 PM
    BigRedToy

BigRedToy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab SR5 4x4
    How is this thread still alive?

How about if all of the smokers children get cancer from second hand smoke and the the Death Panels deny them treatment?

17. Aug 5, 2010 at 2:16 PM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport

18. Aug 5, 2010 at 2:17 PM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    Now I never considered that BRT, good point we should start another thread.:)

19. Aug 5, 2010 at 2:42 PM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    What is this death panel you speak of and how does one go about becoming a member? Sounds like something I could get behind.

20. Aug 5, 2010 at 3:53 PM
    AKTacoma

AKTacoma Dedicated Crew Chief

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Houma, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DCLB
    ...seriously, wtf is up with that? some kind of weirdo alert or something?

Products Discussed in

To Top