1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTS - 4 TRD Sport Rims - $225 OBO

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by docbrown, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Nov 22, 2010 at 8:03 PM
    docbrown

docbrown [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Eclipse 6620 AVN GPS/DVD, K&N Drop-in Air Filter, Hose clamp mod, Redline Quick Lift Elites, Bilstein 5100's at .85, Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags, Weather Techs front and back, Bug Guard, and Factory Bull Bar, Wet Okole's up front, Bed Mat, LED interior lights, Fumoto Oil Valve
    SOLD

I have a set of 4 TRD Sport rims off of a 2003 4Runner. I bought them with the thought of cleaning them up and putting them on my truck, but decided to stay with 16" rims since I have a new set of Bridgestones on the truck.

The good:
    These were bubbled up pretty bad on the inside spokes (like a lot of the TRD Sports do.), but I sanded, primed (2 coats), painted (3 coats) and clear-coated(2 coats) the spokes. It is not perfect, but at more than two feet I challenge you to find the imperfections.

The bad:
    I did nothing to the surface part of the rims (I was going to Plasti-Coat them). They have marks where the weights were, rock marks and other imperfections/scuff marks. Some could probably be buffed out, but others are pretty deep (that's why I was going to Plasti-Coat).

If you are looking for show-room condition rims - keep looking. But if you are looking for a small project here you go.

Sorry to be long-winded but I wanted to be as accurate as I could so there are no surprises. Prefer local pickup but will considering shipping on your dime.

If I am off base on the $$$, feel free to shoot me a PM - you won't hurt my feelings.

HPIM0283.jpg
    HPIM0278.jpg
    HPIM0279.jpg
    HPIM0280.jpg
    HPIM0281.jpg

2. Nov 23, 2010 at 6:56 AM
    docbrown

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Eclipse 6620 AVN GPS/DVD, K&N Drop-in Air Filter, Hose clamp mod, Redline Quick Lift Elites, Bilstein 5100's at .85, Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags, Weather Techs front and back, Bug Guard, and Factory Bull Bar, Wet Okole's up front, Bed Mat, LED interior lights, Fumoto Oil Valve
    Morning bump:D

3. Nov 23, 2010 at 7:32 AM
    pauls2ndblessing

pauls2ndblessing Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    Free Bump, if you were closer I may be interested.

4. Nov 23, 2010 at 8:53 AM
    docbrown

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    What part of Alabama? My son will be coming up to Mobile end of the week. Might be able to get him to bring them that far.

5. Nov 23, 2010 at 9:07 PM
    docbrown

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Evening bump.

To Top