1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

XM Radio Antenna to stereo.

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Chad, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Jun 23, 2009 at 6:51 PM
    Chad

Chad [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    So I just got my new 2009 Tacoma yesterday. Woo-hoo! I noticed that I have the XM antenna on the roof, but I didn't get the pre-wire package. Wha exactly do I have to do to get that to work, because when I push for SAT it doesn't work? So obviously it isn't connected to the factory stereo. Has anyone had any experience with making this work?

2. Jun 25, 2009 at 6:09 PM
    Raylo

Raylo Well-Known Member

Member:
    MD, USA
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra SR5 OffRoad; (2009 Tacoma - sold)
    All stock, except for audio and convenience add-ons
    You will need an add-on Toyota satellite tuner if you want the sat function of the factory radio to work. You will also need the antenna wire that simply plugs into one of the connectors under the drivers side kick panel and connects to the sat tuner. I installed a separate XM RC Xpress radio with a wired FM modulator and used a Lexus/Toyota antenna wire. You would need this wire whether you got the Toyota XM tuner or any aftermarket sat radio. There are some threads here or at TN that list the part. I can't recall the part number now but it was listed as a Lexus shark fin antenna adapter wire. If you search on that you should find it. Make sure to search the general forum, too, not just here in A/V. I think I foud the info there once upon a time. Google would work, too.

Products Discussed in

To Top